Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 02-05-2007, 07:15 AM   #1
cangoods
I brick open layups

cangoods has an OK reputation so far
Default Curry gets bad wrap !!!!!

I am tired of it being commonly said curry is a poor defender. He is a poor help defender but not a poor defender. You dont have to double his man often, and he doesnt create alot of fouls. He stays in front of his man. That is like saying a guard is a bad defensive player because they dont get steals. He is not a shot blocker, and may never be one. BUt i have seen games where collins does what he does and gets called a great defender. Collins doesnt block shots either.

The only diffference is that the nets dont get hurt on offense if collins fouls out.

- Cangoods
cangoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 10:02 AM   #2
j Fresh
Local High School Star

j Fresh has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Curry gets bad wrap !!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cangoods
I am tired of it being commonly said curry is a poor defender. He is a poor help defender but not a poor defender. You dont have to double his man often, and he doesnt create alot of fouls. He stays in front of his man. That is like saying a guard is a bad defensive player because they dont get steals. He is not a shot blocker, and may never be one. BUt i have seen games where collins does what he does and gets called a great defender. Collins doesnt block shots either.

The only diffference is that the nets dont get hurt on offense if collins fouls out.

- Cangoods

The thing that seperates Jason Collins and Eddy Curry defensively is that Collins moves around, he always has his hands up and he's active. Curry on the other hand, puts his hands up and just stays there. If he was as agressive on the defensive end as he is on offense, we'd be a really good team. Jason Collins just flat out stinks though, but don't say this to Nets fans. They are in denial. Nets fans can have a starting lineup of

Jerome James
Jason Collins
Michael Doleac
Tyronn Lue
Speedy Claxton

and they still would'nt complain! Loyalty pays off... right???
j Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 12:14 PM   #3
cangoods
I brick open layups

cangoods has an OK reputation so far

Yeah i hear you.

I am just so sick and tired of watching nets games and hearing what a great defensive player collins is, and watching curry do teh same stuff and get killed.

Curry is not geat , but he isnt aweful. Last year he was aweful. Everytime someone drove the lane last year itw as a foul.

One criticism of larry brown that i never thought was fair, is that he didnt play curry enough. Curry couldnt stay on the floor last year. if he wasnt getting offensive fouls he was getting defensive ones.

- Cangoods

PS .. what ever happened to Jackie Butler, i know he signed with SA. But havent heard a thing since.
cangoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 02:45 PM   #4
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool

no... most of us are in agreement that Collins is terrible on everything except his post defense.

right now, since our trading chips are low, we would not give him up unless we get a big man who can score and defend.

besides, Collin's contract is an albatross given his recent knee issues and the fact his post defense is now being exposed by the refs as mostly flopping.

and it doens't hurt his free throw shooting is worse than Curry's.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 05:35 PM   #5
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Nobody is saying collins is better than Curry. Collins is pure garbage. All he does is flop around the court. Curry is average on defense but his offense does make up for it. He has help. How many team in the league have 3 guys getting 7+ boards on the same squad?
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: