Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-29-2013, 11:10 AM   #61
Bcogswell
Raptors > You.

Bcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Any NHL fans? Teach me hockey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rose
Alright, here's another couple...

-Who are favs to win Cup this year?
-What individual awards are there?
-How many guys on a roster?

Also, don't think anyone answered my question about what nationalities most players in the NHL are from.

- NHL is never clear cut like the NBA is for who the front runner for the championship is, however the Kings did win it last year.

- Hart Memorial Trophy (MVP decided by the media)
- Vezina Trophy (Best goalie decided by the GMs)
- James Norris Memorial Trophy (Best Defensemen decided by the media)
- Calder Memorial Trophy (Rookie of the Year decided by the media)
- Lady Byng Memorial Trophy (Most Sportsmanlike combined with high level of play decided by the media)
- Frank J. Selke Trophy (Best defensive forward decided by the media)
- Jack Adams Trophy (Best coach decided by the media)
- Bill Masterson Memorial Trophy (Shows perseverance and sportsmanship decided by the media)
- Ted Lindsay Award (Most outstanding player decided by the players)
- Bridgestone Messier Leadership Award (shows leadership to his team both on and off the court decided by Messier)
- NHL Foundation Award (Enrich the lives of his community decided by the Media)
- General Manager of the Year (Decided on both GMs, executives, and media)

- There can be up to 23 players on the roster, however only 18 skaters and 2 goalies can be dressed for a game.

- Canadians make up the majority of the league, however there is still quite a few Americans, Russians, Swedish players and various other places.
Bcogswell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:43 PM   #62
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

It should also be mentioned that EA's NHL video game series is probably the best sports video game series around. I've been playing NHL '13 non stop lately.
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:53 PM   #63
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts
It should also be mentioned that EA's NHL video game series is probably the best sports video game series around. I've been playing NHL '13 non stop lately.

It puts everyone back at square one. I've been hooked
hateraid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:50 PM   #64
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

I enjoy watching the game, but I always feel like I don't know what I should be looking out for. I know the positions and stuff, but it seems like when they're out on the ice its just organized chaos and the only time they can actually get into formations and stuff is off of face offs and during power plays.

On a side note, I was supposed to go to a minor league hockey game tonight, but had to back out
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:38 PM   #65
Eat Like A Bosh
Banned

Eat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputation

Having been paying attention to hockey lately, but how are the Detroit Red Wings doing this year? Who are the best players on that team? How are they looking so far this season and what are their expectations?

Another question, are there currently any active black players in the NHL? If so, please send me an ESPN link.
Eat Like A Bosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:46 PM   #66
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eat Like A Bosh
Having been paying attention to hockey lately, but how are the Detroit Red Wings doing this year? Who are the best players on that team? How are they looking so far this season and what are their expectations?

Another question, are there currently any active black players in the NHL? If so, please send me an ESPN link.
Lots of black and mixed players in the NHL, most notably Wayne Simmonds, P.K. Subban, Evander Kane and Jarome Iginla

Here's a complete list

The Red Wings have started out OK, they're 3-2-1 so far. Their best player's are Pavel Datsyuk (One of the best players in the world) and Henrik Zetterberg.

Last edited by irondarts : 01-31-2013 at 06:49 PM.
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:22 PM   #67
Styles p
NBA rookie of the year

Styles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

i learned all the rules playing a the nhl video games. i didn't start getting into hockey till last season but i'm hooked now already been to 2 flyers games this season.
Styles p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:41 PM   #68
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styles p
i learned all the rules playing a the nhl video games. i didn't start getting into hockey till last season but i'm hooked now already been to 2 flyers games this season.

I love our team. Slow start but I think we'll get it back. Anything can happen in a shortened season. Although Pronger is probably done for his career and Hartnell being out for 2 months is going to hurt.
hateraid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:53 PM   #69
Styles p
NBA rookie of the year

Styles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateraid
I love our team. Slow start but I think we'll get it back. Anything can happen in a shortened season. Although Pronger is probably done for his career and Hartnell being out for 2 months is going to hurt.
yeah something must be wrong with giroux he hasn't looked to sharp. they're putting briere in the first line so hopefully that brings a spark to the offense. honestly our best player has been bryz who woulda thunk?
Old 01-31-2013, 09:55 PM   #70
Styles p
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateraid
and isn't there a amnesty thing in the new deal? why don't they just amnesty pronger i highly doubt he'll ever play again.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:27 PM   #71
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

D-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Hawks are 6-0-1, loving watching them. They play Vancouver tomorrow night, I'm glad the streams I'm using are working great.

We play the Sharks 3 times in the next 2 weeks, will be interesting to see!
D-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:35 PM   #72
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

D-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

First NHL avatar
Old 01-31-2013, 11:43 PM   #73
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Avalanche actually looked like a capable team tonight, well in the 3rd period atleast. John Mitchell and Pap have been big pickups so far. Had expectations for P.A because he was going to be playing with Duchene but Mitchell with 4 goals already looking good, had like 5 all of last year.
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:59 AM   #74
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

Damn, just saw Hawks beat Flames 3-2. Hossa scored with 2 seconds left in the 3rd period! Then Kane sealed it in the shootout. Freaking love it.
Old 02-03-2013, 01:12 AM   #75
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Watching some Hockey trying to get into it.Watched the Sharks 3rd period and OT there going into overtime.

Exciting stuff
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: