Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 12-23-2012, 10:17 AM   #1
bluerap
Local High School Star

bluerap has decent reputation
Default Bargnani trade proposal

Bucks receive
Bargnani

Raptors receive
Ilyasova
Dunleavy

This trade cannot be completed until after January 15.
bluerap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 10:33 AM   #2
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Bargnani trade proposal

Trade doesn't really accomplish anything. Ilyasova's contract is less on a per year basis but you're stuck with it for an extra year. I don't think he's THIS bad but still.

If you can't con someone into giving up even a marginal. long-term asset in a deal for Bargnani, just reduce his role and wait out his contract or amnesty him. Hopefully when a new GM takes over, the real rebuild will begin. No more quick fixes!
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 02:18 PM   #3
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'd prefer an expirer and a pick.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 05:46 PM   #4
Burgz V2
Decent college freshman

Burgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluerap
Bucks receive
Bargnani

Raptors receive
Ilyasova
Dunleavy

This trade cannot be completed until after January 15.

Ilyasova playing like trash this season and just got a fat contract. Do not want.

and Dunleavy would only complicate our wing rotation

we need to get a pick from a fringe playoff team to guarantee entry into the lottery, weak draft or not.

probably wont be able to get an expirer for Bargs, but if its a contract expiring next year im down

question? can you amnesty a player that you have just traded for? or do the amnesty rights stay with the team that had him under contract prior to the new CBA?
Burgz V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 06:50 PM   #5
BoogieWoogieMan
Wu is the Way

BoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgz V2
question? can you amnesty a player that you have just traded for? or do the amnesty rights stay with the team that had him under contract prior to the new CBA?

The bolded one.

I rather the Raptors wait till the trade deadline and see what's available in the market, than the team making a trade for the sake of changing things up. Unless we're robbing the crap out our trading partner, there's really no point at this time.
BoogieWoogieMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 07:15 PM   #6
Prodigy
Diaw Fan

Prodigy has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoogieWoogieMan
The bolded one.

I rather the Raptors wait till the trade deadline and see what's available in the market, than the team making a trade for the sake of changing things up. Unless we're robbing the crap out our trading partner, there's really no point at this time.

And let's be honest. The Raptors have never robbed another team when it comes to trades, only the other way around.
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 10:45 AM   #7
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos has not been impressing people

Ok ok- finally got it all figured out. But the raps have to move derozen to get the picks you want

Bargnani, Calderon, derozen, Amir, kleiza, and fields
For
D collison, Vince carter, Marion, morrow, petro, Kurt Thomas, devin Harris, Atlanta 1st and 1 ny 1st

All expirers except Marion and Vince who have 1 more season- get picks and rid of every bad contract

Atlanta takes amare and derozen
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 11:54 AM   #8
bluerap
Local High School Star

bluerap has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by el gringos
Ok ok- finally got it all figured out. But the raps have to move derozen to get the picks you want

Bargnani, Calderon, derozen, Amir, kleiza, and fields
For
D collison, Vince carter, Marion, morrow, petro, Kurt Thomas, devin Harris, Atlanta 1st and 1 ny 1st

All expirers except Marion and Vince who have 1 more season- get picks and rid of every bad contract

Atlanta takes amare and derozen

And Dallas does this because...?
bluerap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 11:54 AM   #9
BoogieWoogieMan
Wu is the Way

BoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy
And let's be honest. The Raptors have never robbed another team when it comes to trades, only the other way around.

Humpries and that suppose Australian Shaq for Araujo? I don't know about you, but that was high way robbery to me. Araujo shouldn't have been drafted, been in the league and actually be traded for a respectable role player. That was BC's best transaction by far!
BoogieWoogieMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 02:42 PM   #10
letshaveacorona
I airball my layups

letshaveacorona has not been impressing people

I havent seen much of IIlyasova but his stats project well. A 6"10 small forward 235lbs thats impressive. he could rebound well at that size. from turkey they have a good pedigree he could be coming into his prime at 25. hes worth taking a look at. dunleavy comes off the books after this season thats good.
letshaveacorona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:40 AM   #11
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluerap
And Dallas does this because...?
Dallas would have 4-5 mill more in capspace by taking fields for Vince and Marion. And Calderon would fit perfect w dirk and oj to make a run this year.

But for the perfect 3 team trade (at least perfect for ny, atl, and what some of you say you're looking for) how about

Atl gets Derozen, amare, Felton, j white, k Thomas

Ny gets Bargnani, Calderon, korver, pachulia

Toronto gets morrow, d Harris, petro, c copeland, ny 1st, atl 1st

Would Tor take all expirers and picks and start over?
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:58 AM   #12
Jballer
Local High School Star

Jballer has decent reputationJballer has decent reputation
Default Re: Varejao out for season with Blood Clot

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nba...?sct=uk_t2_a11

No dis to Varejao - hope he fares well...

A bit of a break for the Raptors Management. Assuming the only "big men" moving this year are:

1) Varejao Cavs - playing well
2) Cousins Kings - assuming they were finally going to pull the tigger
3) Bargnani Raps - assuming they are going another direction and the experiment is finally over
4) One of Milsap or another Utah player Jazz - assuming they would move a big to get back court help.

Bottom line is the competition to move a big man is down from 4 (3 if Kings out) to 3 (2 more likely)
Jballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:01 PM   #13
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Dr.Funk has decent reputationDr.Funk has decent reputation

I think that it is almost a guarantee that Bargnani will be traded to the Lakers in a deal involving Gasol.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:01 PM   #14
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Funk
I think that it is almost a guarantee that Bargnani will be traded to the Lakers in a deal involving Gasol.

I really, really don't mind Gasol. He is a good rebounding-passing big. Yes, he might not be as rough as most but it gives our bigs a person to learn off of. Learning off of Magloire is great and all but considering he didn't have many good years, I'd let Gasol teach.
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:08 AM   #15
clipse
I brick open layups

clipse has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Low
I really, really don't mind Gasol. He is a good rebounding-passing big. Yes, he might not be as rough as most but it gives our bigs a person to learn off of. Learning off of Magloire is great and all but considering he didn't have many good years, I'd let Gasol teach.

I wouldn't mind getting Gasol either, but the issue is that he has already stated he has no intention of being a role player off the bench. I wouldn't want Davis or Val (when healthy) coming off the bench.
clipse is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: