Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 01-30-2013, 04:06 PM   #31
Molson
Great young streetballer

Molson has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Raps In Trade Talks For Rudy Gay

We don't need Rudy Gay. What we need is a SF who:

1. Shoots 45% for his career from the field
2. Shoots a career 35% from the 3 pt line
3. Is one of the top shot blocking SF's
4. Is one of the top thieves at the SF position
5. Is one of the best rebounders at the SF position
6. Has led a solid NBA team in scoring
7. Can pass the ball a bit and gets to the line a bit

If we can get something like that at the SF position which has been a black hole for years, then I would be happy.
Molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:42 PM   #32
Burgz V2
Good college starter

Burgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beebo
This will ruin any chance of us getting Wiggins next year.

there are too many unknowns and variables to even speculate if we had to begin with. not smart to place all your hope in a player who hasn't even graduated HS yet imo.

I think Gay would be an amazing addition, but it cannot stop there. We'd instantly become a playoff contender, but is that what we want, or do we want a team that goes deep in the playoffs. Management has been to complacent in recent year and I think us reaching the playoffs as a 8 or 7 seed will just further exacerbate the root of the problem.

As long as Rudy is in it for the long haul, I'm down. if he's just gonna bolt in 2 years then why do it?
Burgz V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:52 PM   #33
Burgz V2
Good college starter

Burgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molson

If we can get something like that at the SF position which has been a black hole for years, then I would be happy.

he satisfies almost every one of those categories. who exactly are you looking for? this makes no sense, Rudy is a close to this player as possible, and he's actually available
Burgz V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:17 PM   #34
letshaveacorona
I airball my layups

letshaveacorona has not been impressing people

Personally I would prefer Josh Smith but unless Ive got an extnsions signed i wouldnt trade for him unless they were willing to take Barngani. lol

As far as Rudy Gay goes most of you ISH posters are talking crap about championship and how to get there. What are we talking bout CHAMPIONSHIP? I mean really we talkin bout CHAMIONSHIP right? I mean we havnet made the playoffs in how many years and we talkin bout CHAMPIONSHIP? We are the toronto raptors and we talkin bout CHAMPIONSHIP? CHAMPIONSHIIOP right?

Had to do that A.I thing there after reading all these posts about how Rudy Gay wont make us a championship team. lol seriously people

One foot in front of the other usually works best so in order to get to a, wait for it, CHAMPIONSHIP, we need to have a contending team. Before being contenders we need to be a playoff team. I know some you are catching on. lol Now Ive just sat through 5 or whatever stinkin years of garbage ball adn watching the draft more closely then i would have liked and now you want to blow this team up and you want me to sit through another 5 years of draft lotteries? All the while knowing that tanking most of the time DOES NOT WORK , draft position is based on a bunch pingballs, and we could possibly be in this here position 5 years from now if things dont go exatly as planned? Hell to the mothastinkin NO THANK YOU. Bring in Rudy Gay or Josh Smith and lets start winning some ball games to start.

Even Cleveland who drafted Lebron James never won a CHAMPIONSHIP.
letshaveacorona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:11 PM   #35
Legends66NBA7
Face Of Death

Legends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molson

5 or 6 of the things you mentioned, Rudy Gay is there.

I mean, unless were getting LeBron, who else can fill that up ? Besides, it's not just the most all-around player we need, but the best player we can get. If we could have chances at a Carmelo Anthony or Kevin Durant, then go for it.
Legends66NBA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:12 PM   #36
Molson
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgz V2
he satisfies almost every one of those categories. who exactly are you looking for? this makes no sense, Rudy is a close to this player as possible, and he's actually available

Those are actually Rudy Gay's facts and stats that I posted. Was just trying to make a point. We're on the same page bud.
Old 01-30-2013, 06:14 PM   #37
Molson
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
5 or 6 of the things you mentioned, Rudy Gay is there.

I mean, unless were getting LeBron, who else can fill that up ? Besides, it's not just the most all-around player we need, but the best player we can get. If we could have chances at a Carmelo Anthony or Kevin Durant, then go for it.

Actually they are all Rudy Gay's stats and facts. I was trying to make a point.
Old 01-30-2013, 06:23 PM   #38
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

Molson, you so sneaky.

I'm okay with getting Gay (ha!), but I'd absolutely rather not have to give up Davis.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:31 PM   #39
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Pistol Pete has decent reputationPistol Pete has decent reputation

If this trade goes through, this franchise will have officially murdered my soul. So I leave you, gifs, just gifs to capture the entire process.

*Raptors are pursuing Rudy Gay*

*Raptors are nearing a deal to acquire Rudy Gay for Jose Calderon and Ed Davis*

*FUTURE: Official: Raptors Acquire Rudy Gay for Davis, Calderon*

NOTE: As I make this post, it seems to be official that the Raptors have dealt Calderon and Davis for Gay and Haddadi....

*MEANWHILE IN MEMPHIS*

Finally, if you're reading this Bryan Colangelo. Please, Please for the love of God:

Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:42 PM   #40
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos has not been impressing people

I think that's a great trade for the raptors. You can always get another Ed Davis with Mle money or a mid/late 1st. Only question now is what do you do with 45 million dollars of sg's and sf's? Obviously colangelo loves Bargnani but if he wants to avoid hate from the fans being taken even farther either kleiza or fields or both need to be packaged together with bargnani for a new pf

I think Lowry can be pleased over the next year as the clear cut #1 pg but one more piece needs added because I think gay and Lowry would be better as the #2 and 3 options as opposed to 1 and 2
el gringos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:51 PM   #41
Grey Dawn
KG cancer to the NBA

Grey Dawn has not been impressing people
Default Re: Official: Rudy Gay to Raptors for Ed Davis and Calderon

Nooooooooo

Not saying much, but I think Ed Davis was the best Raptor at this point.
Grey Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:04 PM   #42
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Dawn
Nooooooooo

Not saying much, but I think Ed Davis was the best Raptor at this point.

He was, and now he's gone. Good thing he was only 23 years old, showing significant ability to develop and improve, and was on a cheap contract -- none of that is good for rebuilding.

On the bright? side, I guess we saved ourselves the pain of when Colangelo would have happily given Ed a 5 year, 55 million dollar deal somehow.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:31 PM   #43
DJMason
High School JV MVP

DJMason is considered somewhat coolDJMason is considered somewhat cool

I wasn't against picking up Gay, but not at the cost of Davis (especially with the fact that it now means Bargnani will start when he gets back... Ugh) I'm totally bummed by this. 3 volume perimeter scorers in our starting 5 sounds like a balanced attack. Wait, no, the opposite of that. My bad.
DJMason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:33 PM   #44
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJMason
I wasn't against picking up Gay, but not at the cost of Davis (especially with the fact that it now means Bargnani will start when he gets back... Ugh) I'm totally bummed by this. 3 volume perimeter scorers in our starting 5 sounds like a balanced attack. Wait, no, the opposite of that. My bad.

Wouldn't be totally opposed to this if the plan is to trade Derozan and Bargnani. But I'm sure that's not the plan. If it is, there is potential redemption somewhere here...

/postitive spin
Old 01-30-2013, 08:44 PM   #45
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Dr.Funk has decent reputationDr.Funk has decent reputation

Gay, Gasol and Lowry is going to be a decent core.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: