Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 01-30-2013, 07:58 PM   #46
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Official: Rudy Gay to Raptors for Ed Davis and Calderon

This makes the Derozan extension even more mind-boggling considering he is simply a carbon-copy of the recent Rudy Gay, but worse.

Hopefully Rudy is prepped by his agent on what needs to be done next:

Rudy: "I love Toronto. The city is great, the fans are great and I hope to stay for a long time."

Colangelo: "Ok, $80 million. If you could just sign here..."
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:24 PM   #47
neilio23
I hit open layups

neilio23 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo

Rudy: "I love Toronto. The city is great, the fans are great and I hope to stay for a long time."

Colangelo: "Ok, $80 million. If you could just sign here..."

Lol. So sad that this is probably the way things will unfold.
neilio23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:42 PM   #48
keantona
I hit open 5-footers

keantona has decent reputation

Don't like this at all. Davis and Calderon were my two favorite Raptors (although I do know it made sense to trade Jose).

Mildly surprised that Colangelo didn't find a way to include Ross and our next first rounder into the deal too.
keantona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:39 PM   #49
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

Jose is expiring and will probably re-sign here in the offseason. We pretty much dealt Ed Davis for Rudy Gay, a 2nd round pick and cash. Good deal for the Raps.
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:48 PM   #50
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

RaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

What.

A.

DISASTER.

If I'm doing my math right, the Raptors currently have about $71M in salaries committed to 2013 before amnesties and trades. And now, no draft picks. This makes them a... 7th place team for the next 2 years as is? Maybe? Wonderful. Love those first round blowouts.

Awful. AWFUL.

There HAS to be something more, right? I mean, we still have all of our picks in 2014 to trade away? What about Valanciunis? If we're going all in might as well go all the way and shoot for 6th!

Holy crapola.

Last edited by RaininThrees : 01-30-2013 at 09:52 PM.
RaininThrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:58 PM   #51
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

RaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Raps In Trade Talks For Rudy Gay

Quote:
Originally Posted by el gringos
I think that's a great trade for the raptors. You can always get another Ed Davis with Mle money or a mid/late 1st. Only question now is what do you do with 45 million dollars of sg's and sf's? Obviously colangelo loves Bargnani but if he wants to avoid hate from the fans being taken even farther either kleiza or fields or both need to be packaged together with bargnani for a new pf

I think Lowry can be pleased over the next year as the clear cut #1 pg but one more piece needs added because I think gay and Lowry would be better as the #2 and 3 options as opposed to 1 and 2

I'm really curious to know what you think a package like this would net the team.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:01 PM   #52
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

[IMG][/IMG]

Playoff push baby!!!!
Old 01-30-2013, 10:22 PM   #53
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Pistol Pete has decent reputationPistol Pete has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaininThrees
[IMG][/IMG]

Playoff push baby!!!!

Best part of that Hollinger analysis is that John Hollinger is the one making the trades in real life for Memphis now.
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:22 PM   #54
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm dying to hear as to what the narrative will be now when it comes to extending Derozan, signing Fields, drafting Ross and now trading for Gay.

"Depth at the 2 and 3 spots in the NBA is paramount to building a winning team. We felt that we had to address these issues and all those moves were leading up to us adding Rudy."

Does that sound about right?
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:44 PM   #55
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

RT @ekoreen Colangelo told NBA TV he's shopping Andrea Bargnani. Has talked with agent about moving him, but won't just trade him to trade him.

I will enjoy watching someone else's problem play for the Toronto Raptors.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:45 PM   #56
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

I guess one positive is we won't be seeing the 5 year $55 mill extension for Ed Davis this offseason we all know Colangelo was going to offer up.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:10 PM   #57
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Ok so BC says he's not gonna trade Bargs just to trade him. I wonder to myself, now that the whole package him with Lowry or Calderon option is out the window, what are the chances of someone just straight up wanting to take him and the remaining years on his contract based on how much they like him and want his talents? Not only is that extremely unlikely, we'd probably also have to sweeten the pot by throwing in a draft pick or something. I bet teams are gonna be like "i'll take Bargs off your hands if you give us a 1st or Ross." Rudy Gay wasn't the piece we need. And yeah Ed is replaceable but in a deal like this which arguably might not even make us much better, it simply wasn't worth it.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:18 PM   #58
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Dr.Funk has decent reputationDr.Funk has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaininThrees
RT @ekoreen Colangelo told NBA TV he's shopping Andrea Bargnani. Has talked with agent about moving him, but won't just trade him to trade him.

I will enjoy watching someone else's problem play for the Toronto Raptors.

What's the over/under on Kobe making Andrea cry as teammates?
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:20 PM   #59
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
Ok so BC says he's not gonna trade Bargs just to trade him. I wonder to myself, now that the whole package him with Lowry or Calderon option is out the window, what are the chances of someone just straight up wanting to take him and the remaining years on his contract based on how much they like him and want his talents? Not only is that extremely unlikely, we'd probably also have to sweeten the pot by throwing in a draft pick or something. I bet teams are gonna be like "i'll take Bargs off your hands if you give us a 1st or Ross." Rudy Gay wasn't the piece we need. And yeah Ed is replaceable but in a deal like this which arguably might not even make us much better, it simply wasn't worth it.

That's what I mean... the other option to what you've said here is the trading team says "here's our horrible contract back". Unless BC can swindle some poor sap into giving value back, I certainly don't see a second trade coming that pushes this team into any sort of upper echelon.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:23 PM   #60
bluerap
Local High School Star

bluerap has decent reputation

If this Rudy Gay trade happened during the off-season the hype on this board would have been unreal.

I'm pretty sure we can find an acceptable trade for AB. There is always someone dumber out there.
bluerap is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: