Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 01-02-2013, 01:38 PM   #1
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Default Ray Lewis retired

I wnt to be the first to make thread!
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:45 PM   #2
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Default Re: Ray Lewis retired

If we have to lose, at least it's at the benefit of Ray Lewis getting closer to the superbowl.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:53 PM   #3
IGotACoolStory
Harry Giles:Next KG

Granted, I never really payed a great amount of attention to football until about 8-10 years ago (mainly just basketball before that), he's the best defensive football player I've ever seen.

What a beast. And the Ravens are going to go ape shit all over the Colts. I mean, who doesn't expect that to happen?
IGotACoolStory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:18 PM   #4
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

I don't buy it. Feels like playoffs motivation stuff, win one for the gipper and all. He'll "rethink" things come time for training camp, or immediately after camp anyway.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:33 PM   #5
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

He's the greatest middle linebacker I've ever seen. It is hard to imagine anyone ever playing the position any better than Lewis did during his prime.

And, that comes from someone who has no respect for the Ravens organization and hopes for nothing but failure for them.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:05 PM   #6
Heavincent
7-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
I don't buy it. Feels like playoffs motivation stuff, win one for the gipper and all. He'll "rethink" things come time for training camp, or immediately after camp anyway.

I doubt it.
Heavincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:28 PM   #7
Derka
Go C's!

Greatest middle linebacker the NFL has ever seen. A true sideline-to-sideline defensive threat.
Derka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:43 AM   #8
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

I hate the ravens, but I respect ray Lewis, even though he's been living off his rep the past few years.

The ravens won't be the same without him. It going to be hard to replace that leadership.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:13 PM   #9
Legend of Josh
Banned

HOF level dude. Teams feared him. They still do. Someone once told me he stabbed a nehga in a night club, and got off the charges, but I don't even know all about that. Not my business. What is my business is how well I analyze and talk about the game of NFL. On the field Ray Ray is a beast beast. All that matter.
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:42 PM   #10
niko
I Run NY.

He didn't stab the guy, the two people that were with him killed someone, and he lied and covered up about it. Charged with obstruction of justice Got off. Was a super duper ugly incident. Since then he's been the definition of "football player" on and off the field. Before that moment he wasn't. It's been an amazing transformation honestly which i think most young fans won't even know occurred. I think probably 90% of the people on this board probably think the leader he is now is what he always was, he was just a out of control wrecking crew early on, then he became the heart and soul of that defense.

He's the best middle linebacker i've ever seen play, and i saw Singeltary on the Bears.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:50 PM   #11
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:52 PM   #12
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

[quote=niko]He didn't stab the guy, the two people that were with him killed someone, and he lied and covered up about it. Charged with obstruction of justice Got off. Was a super duper ugly incident. Since then he's been the definition of "football player" on and off the field. Before that moment he wasn't. It's been an amazing transformation honestly which i think most young fans won't even know occurred. I think probably 90% of the people on this board probably think the leader he is now is what he always was, he was just a out of control wrecking crew early on, then he became the heart and soul of that defense.

He's the best middle linebacker i've ever seen play, and i saw Singeltary on the Bears.[/QUOTE]

You're watching a player just as good today. His name is Patrick Willis.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:55 PM   #13
niko
I Run NY.

[quote=Carbine]
Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
He didn't stab the guy, the two people that were with him killed someone, and he lied and covered up about it. Charged with obstruction of justice Got off. Was a super duper ugly incident. Since then he's been the definition of "football player" on and off the field. Before that moment he wasn't. It's been an amazing transformation honestly which i think most young fans won't even know occurred. I think probably 90% of the people on this board probably think the leader he is now is what he always was, he was just a out of control wrecking crew early on, then he became the heart and soul of that defense.

He's the best middle linebacker i've ever seen play, and i saw Singeltary on the Bears.[/QUOTE]

You're watching a player just as good today. His name is Patrick Willis.
Doesn't have the resume yet to compare although i get your point.
Old 01-04-2013, 03:09 PM   #14
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Pitt sports radio is really beating that murder case thing to death when discussing Ray Lewis.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:23 PM   #15
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
Pitt sports radio is really beating that murder case thing to death when discussing Ray Lewis.
I think the commissioner ****ed up (shocking, Goodell made a mistake). If i said Ray Lewis is an all time great player who has proved to be later in his career to be a great (you could use much stronger words) example and leader to other players, you say . If i say Ray Lewis has been a great player and exemplorary citizen his entire career, you spend a second "except for obstruction of a murder investigation".

Well the commissioner went the second rout and people reacted and now we have something beaten to death which IMO feels almost like something a different human being was involved in.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: