Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-05-2007, 11:24 AM   #16
j Fresh
Local High School Star

j Fresh has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Dark Horse to Win the East....TORONTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySic
They wont be a dark horse, they'll be a sacraficial lamb.

: you have the weirdest avatar
j Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 11:28 AM   #17
bonez26
Local High School Star

bonez26 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
There are so many examples, the Raptors are too young to understand this right now.. it takes time

People keep bringing this up but if you take a close look at the roster it's not so much a factor.

Garbajosa is 28 playued in the european championships which is like the equivalent to the playoffs here for years. Parker the same and Bargnani is younger but has still gone. Calderon Ditto.

Mo Pete has been there before twice with the Raps.

Fred Jones with Idinana a few times.

TJ Ford Last year with the Bucks.

Basically the only ones who haven't already been to the playoffs are Bosh, Graham, Humphries, Sow, Slokar...the last three barely play anyways.

As I said this will not be as big of a factor as most people think. But that's just IMO.
bonez26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 11:36 AM   #18
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Knicks and Celtics fans hating, they wish they were in our shoes :
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 11:39 AM   #19
Valliant13
NBA lottery pick

Valliant13 is considered somewhat coolValliant13 is considered somewhat coolValliant13 is considered somewhat cool

The Rap are my team but I can't see them getting past detroit in 7 game series.
I can see them pulling a first round upset, and I think they will win their crappy division, but that's as far as they will likely go this year.

Still compared to last year thats like them winning a title.
Valliant13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 11:41 AM   #20
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
1. A Bonified Superstar...Bosh

2. Total Team, Unselfish play

3. One of the best benches in the league

4. One of the best point gaurd combos in the league. Ford & Calderon

5. First in the Atlantic and Surging ahead and improving every game.

6. Colangelo could be GM of the year again.

7. All this with a percieved Lame duck coach.

Defense?
DeuceWallaces is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 11:45 AM   #21
JohnnySic
green is good

JohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Knicks and Celtics fans hating, they wish they were in our shoes
No thanks. I'll take a high draft pick in this upcoming draft over a first-round KO any day.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 11:45 AM   #22
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

TJ Ford
Mo Peterson
Anthony Parker
Rasho Nesterovic
Jorge Garbajosa

all play good D, IMO
Old 02-05-2007, 11:48 AM   #23
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Quote:
No thanks. I'll take a high draft pick in this upcoming draft over a first-round KO any day.

you WISH you were winning the Atlantic, but you aren't so you say that

You are what we were in 2003, a sh!t team with an all star swing man, and scrubs. We have our high pick from a great draft, he's starting in the all star game. So, we're three years ahead. With a better GM as well. Good luck with your situation.
Old 02-05-2007, 11:54 AM   #24
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
They wont be a dark horse, they'll be a sacraficial lamb.

Stern said we could offer the Celts as a sacrifice instead.

Second round here we come!
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 12:00 PM   #25
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Raptors would get smoked by Pistons and Miami in a 7 game series.
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 12:03 PM   #26
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Raptors would get smoked by Pistons and Miami in a 7 game series.

Wouldn't be till second round probably at the earliest. Detroit will be the top seed and Miami is either gonna end up being in the top 4 or 7th/8th.
Old 02-05-2007, 12:14 PM   #27
Orealius
Great young streetballer

Orealius has an OK reputation so far

NO chance against Detroit, Miami or Chicago in a 7 game series. Against any other team, there is hope. I just wanna get to the playoffs first.
Orealius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 12:15 PM   #28
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

If all Canadian basketball teams were divided into two conferences, and one of those conferences were called "the East," and the Raptors were in that conference...

Then yes. They certainly could win the East.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 12:22 PM   #29
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

I don't think we'll win the East, but I like your enthusiasm, Safka.
Old 02-05-2007, 12:30 PM   #30
power works
High School JV MVP

power works has an OK reputation so far
Smile Re: Dark Horse to Win the East....TORONTO

Whoa…slow down brotha.

I wouldn’t go as far as say the Raps are the darkhorse of the east. (US TV execs are probably having nightmares with this scenario)

I’d be happy if they win at least 48 games, and get past the 1st round this year. That’s a major step in the right direction.

The Pistons are probably the best team in the east at this point, and I can’t see the Raps beating them this year. They have 4 bona fide all stars who’ve been there done that. We also haven’t beaten the Bulls since Kevin O’Neill was coach.

This weekend will be a good test since we're playing the Lakers and Pistons back-to-back. Plus we have to play the Spurs and Rockets at the end of this month. If we smoke all 4 of those teams the way we smoked the last 3...then I'll be really, really scared.

One of the main reasons for the recent success has been defence and rebounding. Rasho, Garbo and AP are all good defenders. Rasho in particular clogs the middle, and frees up Bosh from not guarding the best low post players of the other team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by i seen hippos
Stern said we could offer the Celts as a sacrifice instead.

Isn't that happening already? What is it 14 and counting.......
power works is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: