Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2013, 03:49 PM   #76
OhNoTimNoSho
Your King
 
OhNoTimNoSho's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 3,402
Default Re: Rifles make up 4% of gun homicides...Handguns make up 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
sorry, it is illogical to first focus on the thing that does the least amount of damage...

that goes against logic
So 1 assualt rifle can do less damage than 1 handgun?

thats logic? thats what you claim to base your argument on? some bullshit strawman argument?

As long as you ignore shit like that you cant be taken seriously.


You ban the most powerful thing and then go downwards.

Last edited by OhNoTimNoSho : 01-31-2013 at 03:52 PM.
OhNoTimNoSho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:50 PM   #77
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH
 
-p.tiddy-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: -dallas, texas-
Posts: 14,999
Default Re: Rifles make up 4% of gun homicides...Handguns make up 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhNoTimNoSho
So 1 assualt rifle can do less damage than 1 handgun?

thats logic? thats what you claim to base your argument on? some bullshit strawman argument?


You ban the most powerful thing and then go downwards.
handguns killed 6,000 people last year...assault rifles 18

and logic tells you to focus on the rifles?



you are an example of the problem...
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:53 PM   #78
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH
 
-p.tiddy-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: -dallas, texas-
Posts: 14,999
Default Re: Rifles make up 4% of gun homicides...Handguns make up 72%

it is the concealability of handguns that makes them so much more of a threat in this country than ANY semi-auto rifle
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:59 PM   #79
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH
 
-p.tiddy-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: -dallas, texas-
Posts: 14,999
Default Re: Rifles make up 4% of gun homicides...Handguns make up 72%

furthermore, why should we have to work upward or downward in any of this?...as though it is impossible to address both at the same time or something?

why do you think it is impossible to address handguns without addressing "the more powerful" rifles first?



high powered hunting rifles are "the most powerful"...so your "logic" says we start there and then work our way to BB guns?"...there is no logic in that at all, just address them all at once.
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:59 PM   #80
OhNoTimNoSho
Your King
 
OhNoTimNoSho's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 3,402
Default Re: Rifles make up 4% of gun homicides...Handguns make up 72%

dude stop bullshitting can 1 assault rifle do more damage than 1 handgun, yes or no?
OhNoTimNoSho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:01 PM   #81
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH
 
-p.tiddy-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: -dallas, texas-
Posts: 14,999
Default Re: Rifles make up 4% of gun homicides...Handguns make up 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhNoTimNoSho
dude stop bullshitting can 1 assault rifle do more damage than 1 handgun, yes or no?
IDK what kind of handgun a .22 or a Desert Eagle?...why does it even matter when it is clear which one is ACTUALLY doing the most damage?


ANSWER: the one I can hide in my pocket
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:01 PM   #82
OhNoTimNoSho
Your King
 
OhNoTimNoSho's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 3,402
Default Re: Rifles make up 4% of gun homicides...Handguns make up 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
furthermore, why should we have to work upward or downward in any of this?...as though it is impossible to address both at the same time or something?

why do you think it is impossible to address handguns without addressing "the more powerful" rifles first?



high powered hunting rifles are "the most powerful"...so your "logic" says we start there and then work our way to BB guns?"...there is no logic in that at all, just address them all at once.
Logically no we should be able to address both at the same time, but people wont accept it that way. Because just as the way your dumbass is arguing 1 side there are similiar dumbasses arguing the other side.


I apoligize for my rudeness. but yes we should adress all at once, but we cant. so we need to do the next logical thing and address one at a time. starting from the top
OhNoTimNoSho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:02 PM   #83
OhNoTimNoSho
Your King
 
OhNoTimNoSho's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 3,402
Default Re: Rifles make up 4% of gun homicides...Handguns make up 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
IDK what kind of handgun a .22 or a Desert Eagle?...why does it even matter when it is clear which one is ACTUALLY doing the most damage?
SO a D Eagle is just as potentially dangerous as any assault rifle?

a d eagle is a magnum also and doesnt fall under the regular handgun category anyway

Last edited by OhNoTimNoSho : 01-31-2013 at 04:06 PM.
OhNoTimNoSho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:03 PM   #84
Bucket_Nakedz
Buckle up
 
Bucket_Nakedz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Anchorage, AK
Posts: 2,746
Default Re: Rifles make up 4% of gun homicides...Handguns make up 72%

what a stupid thread.
Bucket_Nakedz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:05 PM   #85
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH
 
-p.tiddy-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: -dallas, texas-
Posts: 14,999
Default Re: Rifles make up 4% of gun homicides...Handguns make up 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhNoTimNoSho
SO a D Eagle is just as potentially dangerous as any assault rifle?
handguns have more potential damage than any rifle because you can conceal them...

and what a coincidence, they cause more actual damage as well...
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:07 PM   #86
OhNoTimNoSho
Your King
 
OhNoTimNoSho's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 3,402
Default Re: Rifles make up 4% of gun homicides...Handguns make up 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
handguns have more potential damage than any rifle because you can conceal them...

and what a coincidence, they cause more actual damage as well...
you can conceal anything, cmon man you know what i mean, i know you are intelligent enough to interpert what im saying stop dancing around it and answer me straight
OhNoTimNoSho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:09 PM   #87
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH
 
-p.tiddy-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: -dallas, texas-
Posts: 14,999
Default Re: Rifles make up 4% of gun homicides...Handguns make up 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhNoTimNoSho
you can conceal anything, cmon man you know what i mean, i know you are intelligent enough to interpert what im saying stop dancing around it and answer me straight
a rifle is more powerful (on average)...that doesn't mean it is the most dangerous

and IMO you are the one dancing around facts and ignoring the fact that handguns are 10x the problem of assault rifles
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:25 PM   #88
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
Sarcastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: #KnicksTank
Posts: 22,679
Default Re: Rifles make up 4% of gun homicides...Handguns make up 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhNoTimNoSho
So 1 assualt rifle can do less damage than 1 handgun?

thats logic? thats what you claim to base your argument on? some bullshit strawman argument?

As long as you ignore shit like that you cant be taken seriously.


You ban the most powerful thing and then go downwards.


This is exactly why I brought up the atomic bomb comparison a few pages back.

Hey, A-bombs kill 0 people every year. Let's unban them.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:27 PM   #89
97 bulls
5-time NBA All-Star
 
97 bulls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 11,935
Default Re: Rifles make up 4% of gun homicides...Handguns make up 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
a rifle is more powerful (on average)...that doesn't mean it is the most dangerous

and IMO you are the one dancing around facts and ignoring the fact that handguns are 10x the problem of assault rifles
There in lies the argument. The pro gun side feels rifles with high capacity magazines are needed for protection and hunting. Heres the flaw in this argument. It shouldnt take 60-90 rounds to kill a dear or pig. And only a fool would really feel theres a need for that kind of firepower to defend a home. And saying you need it to fend off the government is just beyond retarded. So what legitimate purpose could having a high capacity rifle have?


Handguns do more damage because THERES MORE OF THEM. They dont need to be banned, but sure as hell need to be more regulated as to help lower the risk of them falling into the wrong hands. Your chances of surviving a shot from a handgun are much better than a rifle. Rifles with big clips arent needed in civilized society.
97 bulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:33 PM   #90
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH
 
-p.tiddy-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: -dallas, texas-
Posts: 14,999
Default Re: Rifles make up 4% of gun homicides...Handguns make up 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
This is exactly why I brought up the atomic bomb comparison a few pages back.

Hey, A-bombs kill 0 people every year. Let's unban them.
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:13 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy