Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-29-2013, 06:11 PM   #16
niko
I Run NY.

Default Re: Say what you want about Kobe, he was right about Dwight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointguard
LOL, over the last five years before this one nobody is close to him in rebounds, blocks and paint points. Its a complete and utter joke to say somebody over the previous 500 games put out like him. Only Lebron is the two way player he is - its another tier before you get to the next guy. Who else are you comparing him to??? You can add up all of the other two way players together and they won't have the same number of 20/20 games as DH or 25/20 games over the past five years. BS??? Please I'm waiting for a reply.

LOL, you apparently wasn't here when I was saying he wasn't MVP the year before last. Last year he wasn't bad despite crazy team issues and his back being out of whack. Still the best big man easily as he was the previous three years as well. Seriously, you have somebody even close to him? Well outside of KG in the championship run.

You basically can't start a new franchise and dis the first star you get. It would ruin your foundation as a franchise. Trust me that's not a reality. I was in PR production for years. No chance.

Even the Knicks couldn't afford to be like that to a player now because they have a local rival that would use that as leverage to steal better free agents. Mello or Amare haven't been booed and their is a huge let down in us not getting Lebron. Kim Kardasian seemingly had a few plants in the audience to boo Humphries and you going to tell me that Mello, who had less impact on wins than Lin at that exact same time, didn't get booed. Believe it or not there are paid people in the audience to control certain things.

And both stadiums have say so and can apply pressure on journalist through their advertising dollar. You Just don't know

You know nothing. Dwight would get torn to shreds by the media here period. Don't compare him to Melo, Melo doesn't say much, he doesn't joke, and he doesn't blow off the media. Howard does all three. And this thought he is KG like in his effort stems from where? KG right now is on a Boston team that is underachieving and he's playing ridiculously hard. Howard is on an underachieving team now for almost the third year in a row and he's whining and doign everything but trying hard.

And the stuff i bolded just made no sense and was stupid. No, the crowd in MSG is not controlled through paid plants. You're a moron. No the NY media is not controlled via money. It's extremely critical and lots of it works for competitors of MSG. The Knicks have shitloads of money and fought with the media forever. The Nets don't get it because they are still second class citizens still. It will come as their profile increases. It's not because they are paying people off.

You're just clueless, you are making shit up. Do you live in China or something that your view is so bizarre because it's from watching via the net or something? Serious question.

Last edited by niko : 01-29-2013 at 06:14 PM.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:16 PM   #17
upside24
Aspire To Be Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by coin24
Have you seen the guy play? Or just highlights of his dunks?

If dwight is your main offense you're going to have a bad time
This.

Without his athleticism he's not much of an offensive threat. Pretty much all he does is get spoonfed dunks and miss a lot of free throws.
upside24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:35 PM   #18
SpecialQue
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Kobe speaking about everyone not having to like each other, needing a little edge on Dwight's game, etc. might have been a message delivered in his usual dickish style, but he was right. Dwight's a clown. He laughs off losses. he doesn't try as hard if he's not feeling wanted or liked. WTF is that?

Dwight should thank god and light a freaking candle every day he didn't get sent to Brooklyn because this season, this uneven effort in Brooklyn. He thinks he's unhappy now? The media here would have crucified him. The WORST thing in the world in NY is to be soft and to not play as hard as you can. The only thing worse is if after you do so grinning and laughing it off. It would have been hilariously ugly.

If Dwight leaves after this year so be it but he should take one thing from Kobe, it's that anger and selfishness that i will do what i need to win. I will not whine for touches, i will threaten people unless they throw me the ball. I will not be a passive aggresive women passing notes that i hate my teammates, i will tell them in no uncertain tones that i hate them because of X,Y,Z and bury the shit so we can move forward.

Kobe's right about Dwight. 100%. And if Dwight's smart, he'll take the lesson and become an angrier less sensitive player.

Didn't the NY media practically crucify Melo a couple seasons back when, after a loss, he basically ran out and hid in a car rather than talk to the press?
SpecialQue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:07 PM   #19
Chrono90
Local High School Star

This guy Dwight should stfu and just play ball. He has to look at the mirror before saying anything about others. No leadership.

No touches in the post? Maybe cause you haven't prove yourself as a good post player this year.
Chrono90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:12 PM   #20
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATUTORY
Kobe was right when he pegged that fool as a glorified Tyson Chandler.

When you grow up as entitled and gifted as Dwight while being hailed as a miracle baby by your own mother you think you are living in a solipsist dream. But reality is he's a limited big on offense and it's time he accepts it.
He's basically Tyson Chandler that's 3 inches shorter, worse hands, less defensive fundamentals, no leadership and a bad attitude.

If he's lucky, by the time he's Tyson's current age he'll be 3/4s the player Tyson is.

He needs to stop thinking that he's Wilt Chamberlain mixed with Tim Duncan and accept the fact he is useless offensively. He needs to focus on trying to be Rodman or Ben Wallace, but he doesn't have it in him, he's so soft.

If we give him a max contract it will be the worst max contract of all time. Sign and trade this scrub.
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:19 PM   #21
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Quote:
LOL, over the last five years before this one nobody is close to him in rebounds, blocks and paint points. Its a complete and utter joke to say somebody over the previous 500 games put out like him. Only Lebron is the two way player he is - its another tier before you get to the next guy. Who else are you comparing him to??? You can add up all of the other two way players together and they won't have the same number of 20/20 games as DH or 25/20 games over the past five years. BS??? Please I'm waiting for a reply.

LOL, you apparently wasn't here when I was saying he wasn't MVP the year before last. Last year he wasn't bad despite crazy team issues and his back being out of whack. Still the best big man easily as he was the previous three years as well. Seriously, you have somebody even close to him? Well outside of KG in the championship run.

You basically can't start a new franchise and dis the first star you get. It would ruin your foundation as a franchise. Trust me that's not a reality. I was in PR production for years. No chance.

Even the Knicks couldn't afford to be like that to a player now because they have a local rival that would use that as leverage to steal better free agents. Mello or Amare haven't been booed and their is a huge let down in us not getting Lebron. Kim Kardasian seemingly had a few plants in the audience to boo Humphries and you going to tell me that Mello, who had less impact on wins than Lin at that exact same time, didn't get booed. Believe it or not there are paid people in the audience to control certain things.

And both stadiums have say so and can apply pressure on journalist through their advertising dollar. You Just don't know.
Marc Gasol, Grandpa Duncan, Andrew Bogut, Brook Lopez and Andrew Bynum are all much better than Dwight.

Dwight's only advantage on Bynum and Bogut is health, but if they are healthy they are twice the player Dwight is.

Dwight put up gaudy numbers on a bad roster built around inflating his numbers. No one else in the paint so Howard gets all the boards, surround Dwight with 3 point shooters and force the ball in to him, even then he could only get 20ppg.

If you need a center now to build your franchise around, only retarded GMs would take Dwight Howard.

I'd personally take Marc Gasol, I think Bogut and Bynum are better then him but too injury prone. Bynum has potential to be a dominant 27 ppg 12 rpg player but he has a bad attitude and is really immature so he's a bad choice. Marc Gasol all the way.

What retarded GM would take dwight over Marc Gasol, you tell me.

The cult of "Dwight=#1 concensus best center" is entirely built on ESPN hype train trying to market his clown ass to the kiddies. And stats. Statistically Monta Ellis is a top 3 SG in the NBA amirite?

Marc Gasol does every single thing better then Dwight, except for stupid uncalled goaltend "blocks".

If you put Marc Gasol in that Orlando situation I gaurantee his numbers would be similar if not much better than Orlando Dwight's. This is why people who judge players only on stats and no watching them are idiots.

Kevin Love has a bunch of 20/20 games, even a 30/30 game, best 2 way player in the league amirite?

Last edited by Nick Young : 01-29-2013 at 08:22 PM.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:24 PM   #22
Droid101
7-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Young

If you put Marc Gasol in that Orlando situation I gaurantee his numbers would be similar if not much better than Orlando Dwight's. This is why people who judge players only on stats and no watching them are idiots.
Marc Gasol would have averaged 6 assists with all those shooters.
Droid101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:29 PM   #23
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droid101
Marc Gasol would have averaged 6 assists with all those shooters.
Yep as soon as they double Marc he would pick teams apart, it would have been awesome to see a real center on those Orlando teams, instead we had to see no-fundamentals, whining quitting clown D12.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:37 PM   #24
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue&Orange
Howard continues to play like he always played, Kobe adjusted like he never did before.

Great analysis!

You sound like a BETA!....or Charlie!

Top 10 traits of a ALPHA

1. An Alpha male is very comfortable with himself. He always radiates confidence. He does not fear anyone, he does not really care how people think of him. Confidence is him. He knows he is more important than anyone else in his life.

2.Is very passionate in life. He knows what he loves to do and follows his dreams. A true Alpha male has goals and ambitions, and really high ones. He follows these to the ultimate end, and ends up living a fulfilled life. (And women love passionate men with ambition. They see these kind of men becoming very successful in life and in their subconcious minds this is a qualifying factor in choosing a mate that will be able to provide for their future kids.)

3. Failure is only a minor setback for a real Alpha Male. Its only part of the process, he is learning. He is moving. He will always bounce back from failure, learn from the experience and move ahead with life. Nothing holds him back, after all, he is the Alpha male. Nothing can put him down. This is how he overcomes the challenges in his life.

4. He is always composed. An alpha male never loses composure, he is always himself, thoughtful and calculated. He won’t be carried away in emotional spasms.

5. Driven. A real Alpha male is very self- driven and self disciplined. Once he decides his target, all his attention will be at achieving his goal. He will do everything persistently to achieve what he wants. This is also why Alpha males drive women crazy, they are men of their own, they don’t need to be told what they should do. Women prefer men who make the decisions.

6. High morals and values, but also can have many women. A true Alpha male is not what we will call a complicated man. He has high moral principles, but he also can take what is wanted. He is not abusive or arrogant and does not look down upon others. Many people confuse Alpha males and Bullies. But generally, while bullies are very agressive on the outside, alpha males are very calm, calculated and controlled people.

7. An Alpha male is a natural leader. He is always looked up upon to provide direction when needed.( Kobe at 18 was taking all the huge shots, when everyone else on the Lakers was scared!...cough Eddie Jones/Shaq)

8. An Alpha male is a Problem Solver. In a company or organization, he will always be put in a challenging position and because of this, he will be highly regarded and compensated. He will always be the best at what he does.( Kobe slightly Changed up his game, he's basically a better version of Oscar Robnertson now)

9. Dress- Code- Smart. Not that he really cares what anyone thinks of how he dresses; that is not very important to him. But he still dresses the best way possible, always. Its just part of his nature, after all, he wants the best in life! He doesn’t have to but he knows he should.

10. He believes in growth. He knows that change is an internal process and takes time. He does not blame anyone for his mistakes because he knows that he has the power to make his life better and become a better man. Life for him is all about constant growth. This is the real essence of a man living a life of purpose. Every successful man in history knew this. That life is learning process. It is only an arrogant person who thinks they know it all. Humble yourself and learn!

Kobe is a TRUE ALPHA...no doubt
AlphaWolf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:09 PM   #25
SevereUpInHere
Utryin2getthepipe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATUTORY
Kobe was right when he pegged that fool as a glorified Tyson Chandler.

When you grow up as entitled and gifted as Dwight while being hailed as a miracle baby by your own mother you think you are living in a solipsist dream. But reality is he's a limited big on offense and it's time he accepts it.

Chandler at least knows his role, plays with a hell of a lot of heart and would NEVER smile after a loss. This year Chandler > Dwight.
SevereUpInHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:46 PM   #26
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialQue
Didn't the NY media practically crucify Melo a couple seasons back when, after a loss, he basically ran out and hid in a car rather than talk to the press?
he was mad, he said IM NOT TALKING and walked out. And got killed to the point he apoligized and promised not to do it again. And didn't until one time this year but he's built up good will so it was ok.

Dwight does it often.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:03 PM   #27
konex
3-time NBA All-Star

I can't think of any guys who led a team to a title being happy-go-lucky all the time. Hopefully Dwight learns this. Fans do not want to see you yucking it up when you're getting your brains beat in.

I feel Nash could also learn form Kobe (and vice versa). You can't be a warm and fuzzy leader or drill-sergeant all the time either. Kobe's gotten softer over the years and Nash needs to get a bit tougher on guys

Last edited by konex : 01-29-2013 at 10:09 PM.
konex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:12 PM   #28
konex
3-time NBA All-Star

All that said, I think the LA media would be going at Dwight more if he wasn't a FA at the end of the year.

NY media would be doing the same (tiptoeing around their criticism) if Dwight was there, I think. No one wants to chase a star player away unless they're sure he's washed up lol

Last edited by konex : 01-29-2013 at 10:15 PM.
konex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:31 PM   #29
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Quote:
The team would have built around him if he came to Brooklyn. Its a chemistry issue that he's tied up in now. To be honest with every other team outside of LA he would have been the man from which play is generated. While I have said he was a bit of clown before and that he lacked leadership before, I never criticized his effort. He plays as hard every possession/other team possession as Kevin Garnett or prime Kobe did... nobody else is the workhorse he is. NY loves effort/production players and he would make Brooklyn a winning brand. On the Knicks there would be more pressure.

There is a part of DH I notice that doesn't care about outside pressure at all. So I will never call him a clown again because he's got guts. But yeah, you kind of wish he was that ruthless on the court.

Agreed, this is what I've been saying all the time. Dwight with the Nets is easily a 25/15/3 player on 65% FG, the fact that Lakers dont know how to utilize him does not make Dwight a worse player than he actually is.
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:21 AM   #30
Bandito
NBA Role Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
White text is where?
that was sarcasm
Bandito is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: