Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-30-2013, 01:20 AM   #61
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: What's the scariest or most disturbing movie you've ever watched?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
I've seen it, actually have it on DVD. Since I was a very young boy, I've always had this mental phobia of being stranded in very deep ocean water. I still have nightmares about it from time to time. Also, like being stranded in the vast ocean, I have the same nightmare about being deadlocked in deep dark space.

Not just fear of being stranded in a vast body of water. The decisions we make in order to survive, sacrifice, creepy things in the water, sharks.....
Very mind fudgin movie on all sorts of levels.
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:30 AM   #62
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateraid
Not just fear of being stranded in a vast body of water. The decisions we make in order to survive, sacrifice, creepy things in the water, sharks.....
Very mind fudgin movie on all sorts of levels.

I hate traveling anywhere from Australia, every direction is over an ocean!
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:55 AM   #63
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourPatchKids
Martyrs

My lil buddy.

Not the scariest, and perhaps not the most disturbing (although its up there). But certainly the most memorable.

I'm a horror fiend, I've seen my share of sick and twisted shit. There was a period in which every film was trying to out-gross each other, out-torture each other. I've seen psychological thriller films that had you on the edge of your seat.

But no film has left an impression on me like this one.

Shit was impaled into my mind for weeks.
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:15 AM   #64
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by usa hoops
In reference to The Cell. I found it disturbing that this crazy serial killer/ rapist thought of women as dolls. When Jennifer Lopez starts to walk in his mind, you see all these girls he killed, and they're all dolls. Then there's a scene where a cow gets sliced and it's still alive.

Not scary, but disturbing to think what goes on in a killer's mind.

LOL ... you think that's crazy or insane? My goodness, if only you seen what actually goes through my mind. It'd put this Cell serial killer's mind to shame. You see what goes through my normal mind day to day thoughts...
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:27 AM   #65
iamgine

iamgine is considered somewhat cooliamgine is considered somewhat cooliamgine is considered somewhat cool

iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:45 AM   #66
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamgine

This shit really isn't even all that psychologically damaging ... I just think it pertains to a certain generation. I suppose being in my bracket, it's just way more comical than "OMG, this so scurdyyyyyyy!" ... and you'd probably be in the same boat as LJJ, thinking Exorcist is just LOL material, not scary at all, when in actuality it's scary as fu*k compared to an older population/generation.
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:09 AM   #67
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Eden Lake comes to mind. Not scary but pretty disturbing. Watch it if you have not seen it. It has Michael Fassbender in it if you need extra motivation.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/eden_lake/
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:11 AM   #68
alenleomessi

alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation

a serbian movie
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:06 AM   #69
miller-time

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
Such an underrated horror movie.

Agreed. Just rewatched it today (last time was 20 years ago lol). I thought it was solid for a horror movie. I think they could have gone a bit more into whether Candyman was real or if it was in her head though - but then it might be too much like The Shining?
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:39 AM   #70
tomtucker

tomtucker is a pretty well-respected postertomtucker is a pretty well-respected postertomtucker is a pretty well-respected postertomtucker is a pretty well-respected poster

alot of folks saying they saw horror movies at age 6 or 7.......how and why......
tomtucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:45 AM   #71
tomtucker

tomtucker is a pretty well-respected postertomtucker is a pretty well-respected postertomtucker is a pretty well-respected postertomtucker is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred
[.jpg[/IMG]

Anyone see Angel Heart? With Mickey Rourke and Dinero? Holy sh-t, that was disturbing.

Natural Born Killers is frightening, but in a different way.

love Angel Heart......great movie
tomtucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:31 PM   #72
usa hoops
Serious playground baller

usa hoops has decent reputation

I'm still always disturbed by any movie scene where a dude gets penetrated. I would probably kill myself if that ever happened to me.
usa hoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:15 PM   #73
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

JEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by usa hoops
I'm still always disturbed by any movie scene where a dude gets penetrated. I would probably kill myself if that ever happened to me.

As a man who has a reputation for being a flamboyant homosexual, might I add that it is most wise to steer clear of these comments. The line between hatred and love, aversion and attraction are quite fuzzy and one is tempted to judge when certain things are on the mind.
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:19 PM   #74
Styles p
NBA rookie of the year

Styles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Gummo, it wasn't scary but it sure was disturbing.
Styles p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:19 PM   #75
LBJMVP
Cavaliers!

LBJMVP is considered somewhat coolLBJMVP is considered somewhat cool

vhs
LBJMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: