Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-30-2013, 01:22 AM   #16
tikay0
Banned

tikay0 is starting to rub some people the wrong waytikay0 is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: andre drummond put up 18pts and 18rebs tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by copper
Like most other teams they were probably thinking about Darko.....Joe D was thinking.." that cant happen twice, can it"?

Pretty much this.
tikay0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:37 AM   #17
Jolokia
Serious playground baller

Jolokia has decent reputationJolokia has decent reputation

This guy is my guy. Skilled and talented... if these two big guys unfold nicely, LeBron should take a look at going to the Pistons if they can get some 3 point shooters lol.
Jolokia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:31 AM   #18
supe12sta12z
I hit open layups

supe12sta12z has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolokia
This guy is my guy. Skilled and talented... if these two big guys unfold nicely, LeBron should take a look at going to the Pistons if they can get some 3 point shooters lol.

Skilled?

He's a natural talent with elite tools like Athleticism, Speed, Agility,Strength, and length. Most of his offense is coming off of rebound/putback and dunks. He's no doubt going to be a beast but he isn't skilled... at least not yet. He has elite talent with the potential to be great if he develops. I'm curious to see where his post offense is in 3 years.
supe12sta12z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:09 AM   #19
Magic bird
The Banner

Magic bird has decent reputation

Drummond should have gone to the Cavs, would have gotten more minutes playing behind Varajao whose always injured, and next to an elite PG like Kyrie

Kyrie/Thompson/Drummond

The new big 3
Magic bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:09 AM   #20
2LeTTeRS
Retired Bloggissist

2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by supe12sta12z
Skilled?

He's a natural talent with elite tools like Athleticism, Speed, Agility,Strength, and length. Most of his offense is coming off of rebound/putback and dunks. He's no doubt going to be a beast but he isn't skilled... at least not yet. He has elite talent with the potential to be great if he develops. I'm curious to see where his post offense is in 3 years.

Agree completely. Anybody who says "how could you pass him up in the draft" didn't watch him at UCONN. He's been a much better NBA player, but there were legit questions about his skill level and motor.
2LeTTeRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:04 AM   #21
chips93
NBA sixth man of the year

chips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekindled
nah the teams that should go oops are Charlotte and Cleveland. if they offer MKG or waiters for Drummond, pistons would die from laughter.

terrence ross is actually legit and have a pretty high ceiling.

the cavs were, and still are committed to tristan thompson, and he the cavs wouldnt be able to play tristan and andre together, they are both too raw, neither is effective 10 feet from the rim, it just wouldnt work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS
Agree completely. Anybody who says "how could you pass him up in the draft" didn't watch him at UCONN. He's been a much better NBA player, but there were legit questions about his skill level and motor.

this

he was very mediocre at uconn, especially in the boards, albeit in a tough situation.

hindsight is always 20:20

Last edited by chips93 : 01-30-2013 at 06:07 AM.
chips93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:41 AM   #22
Kujo
National High School Star

Kujo has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekindled
nah the teams that should go oops are Charlotte and Cleveland. if they offer MKG or waiters for Drummond, pistons would die from laughter.

terrence ross is actually legit and have a pretty high ceiling.

A higher ceiling than Drummond? I don't see it. I think Ross will be a solid pro, but never approach all-star level. Drummond looks to be a future all-star.
Kujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:52 AM   #23
JohnnySic
green is good

JohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
The only guy that should have been drafted over Drummond is Davis, and I'm not sure Drummond doesn't turn out to be better than him as well.

Drummund should have been #1, even over Davis.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:23 AM   #24
hoopaddict08
Decent college freshman

hoopaddict08 is a pretty well-respected posterhoopaddict08 is a pretty well-respected posterhoopaddict08 is a pretty well-respected posterhoopaddict08 is a pretty well-respected poster

Drummond could probably be the best out of his draft class. I'm so happy the Pistons got him because we really needed a guy like him, even if he is mainly a defensive center. He has shown a lot more than I thought he would and I love that he has a laid back personality and just seems like a good kid.
hoopaddict08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:53 AM   #25
Jasper
Bucks Brigade

Jasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Some teams try to go back in their history to acquire players that are similar and have proven styles

This dude looks like a young Bob Lanier....
Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:00 AM   #26
Rake2204
5-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Skilled?

You know, it's funny, he looks absolutely clueless in the post. And he really has no size up one-on-one moves. It's almost face-palm worthy at times. But then there's these moments where he'll be able to finish an acrobatic layup inside or drop a sharp pinpoint dime that belies his size, age, and supposed offensive inability. He has big gaps in strange places and then skills in other areas that kind of surprise me.
Rake2204 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:02 AM   #27
InfiniteBaskets
Decent college freshman

InfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputation

The thing about Drummond is that I didn't see any noticeable improvement in his offensive arsenal between when he first set foot on campus and when he left. That's reminiscent of Hasheem Thabeet, albeit Drummond only staying for one season compared to three.

Still, if you had seen Drummond's highlights even prior to Uconn, his main strengths were using his athleticism to create offense off the break or put backs. The one thing he's way better than any other center in the league IMO is his ability to pick off passes by getting into the passing lane and also using his length to pick off weaker dribblers. This strength his continued in the NBA - I remember him picking Wade's pocket twice in a row the other week.

However, I still question his work ethic on his post game. He could truly be great if he put a lot of time into shooting FT's and post moves.
InfiniteBaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:52 AM   #28
Jolokia
Serious playground baller

Jolokia has decent reputationJolokia has decent reputation

Quote:
Skilled?

For his size, his footwork is pretty good. At times, you see him use his ball handling skill to get around defenders and utilizes that hop step. He can also finishes softly around the basket. He reminds me of a small forward stuck in a center's body...kind of like a bigger Blake Griffin during his rookie year. If you don't count shot blocking, ball handling, boxing out, and footwork as a skill, then I don't know what is for big men anymore. I know he can't shoot yet but you gotta remember he's like Dwight Howard size, probably bigger. He doesn't show any bad shooting mechanics at the free throw line either. Does skill only include the offensive post game now? Not too many 19 year olds guys can represent Hakeem's post game arsenal especially someone who grew up playing guard/forward in high school. For what it is, I believe he's quite skilled for his size and only getting better if he gets his work ethic in check. Definitely someone to watch age in the NBA.
Jolokia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:45 AM   #29
strifed169
National High School Star

strifed169 is considered somewhat coolstrifed169 is considered somewhat cool

He is averaging 23 PER in 20 minutes, if he had starters minutes he would probably be a top 10 players in the league.
strifed169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:06 PM   #30
no pun intended
Mozart Basketball

no pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by strifed169
He is averaging 23 PER in 20 minutes, if he had starters minutes he would probably be a top 10 players in the league.
So does that make Daniel Orton the greatest player of all-time? 18bpg per 36 minutes
no pun intended is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: