Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-30-2013, 05:57 PM   #16
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Indiana Pacers want Bledsoe for Danny Granger

Granger was putting up 19/5/2/1/1 this year. I think I get your point that offensive efficiency wise they are similar but Granger is FAR more consistent on both ends of the floor and at this stage of his career can do a lot more.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:58 PM   #17
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonislegend
Shooting 39% and like 9 turnovers and even more bad decisions

Yes his shot has been poor and he has been racking up turnovers a bit. Nothing unexpected considering he went from 10-20 minute a game bench player to running this high powered offense overnight. Not going to be a smooth transition, especially considering he's used to being able to go all out and has been in foul trouble as a result.
Old 01-30-2013, 05:58 PM   #18
R.I.P.
NBA lottery pick

R.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceJammeR
indiana is stupid if they do this trade.

The salary difference is like 10 million. Need to throw in Jordan, Odom or Butler, if you are the Clippers. I guess they could afford to lose Butler with Hill and Barnes on the roster.
R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:59 PM   #19
Clippersfan86
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.I.P.
The salary difference is like 10 million. Need to throw in Jordan, Odom or Butler, if you are the Clippers. I guess they could afford to lose Butler with Hill and Barnes on the roster.

Correction we would be HAPPY to give them Butler. I love his leadership and he's a great guy but he really hurts the team a lot at times.
Old 01-30-2013, 06:00 PM   #20
fpliii
sick of agendas...

fpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Who would be your backup ball handler if you ship out Bledsoe (I guess Odom is out of the question too, but that's not what he's being asked to do right now it seems). I suppose it boils down to what Billups' status is (Grant Hill probably won't do that nowadays, but maybe he could for limited possessions).
fpliii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:00 PM   #21
Haymaker
College star

Haymaker has decent reputationHaymaker has decent reputation

So they gonna move Caron? I'm all for it since he's been so inconsistent since his injury back in Dallas. Granger would be a nice fit for the Clippers offense. CP3 might resign with this move. But unless they plan to play Billups, I don't know who's backing up CP.
Haymaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:01 PM   #22
qrich
King Heno

qrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
No man... just no. Granger is pretty much ready to go and nearly 100 percent and is a superior player to Bledsoe. He's only 29 so he's got a few good years left and he fills a big need at the SF spot with his defense, rebounding and ability to score 20 at any time reliably.

I absolutely DO see Granger putting us over the top with his versatility and he would give us a legit "big 3" with Griffin and CP3. Not that a big 3 is everything but it's great to have that core then have surrounding pieces like DJ+Crawford.

KG is 36 years old man. He's a great player and fit but not at his age as a long term fix. Melo is WAY too ball dominant to fit our system and roster although obviously he would be a great player to have. Granger would be a perfect 2nd or 3rd option.

He's coming off a 19/5 year while shooting 41.2%. 17/6 in the playoffs while just under 40%. Has always been an average defender. Scored over 20 29 times last year out of 62 games he played in and since 08/09 he has regressed statistically and even on the court.

KG would throw up in definite tier 1 for this and next year. Granger won't.

And by Melo, I mean Fab Melo, not Carmelo. NY definitely wouldn't trade him

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpliii
Question for both of you...what do you do with Butler if you can acquire Granger?

Trade Butler + 2 2nds for Calderon.

Calderon - Crawford - Barnes - Hill - Turiaf as the second unit.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:03 PM   #23
Clippersfan86
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpliii
Who would be your backup ball handler if you ship out Bledsoe (I guess Odom is out of the question too, but that's not what he's being asked to do right now it seems). I suppose it boils down to what Billups' status is (Grant Hill probably won't do that nowadays, but maybe he could for limited possessions).

Billups is returning within the next two weeks, Hill has been playing PG odd as it may seem. Hill, Odom, Griffin, Crawford are all excellent ball handlers and playmakers for their position (well Crawford ball handling, solid passer). Our team has so much versatility that losing Bledsoe won't hurt much IF we can upgrade like Granger.
Old 01-30-2013, 06:05 PM   #24
Clippersfan86
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haymaker
So they gonna move Caron? I'm all for it since he's been so inconsistent since his injury back in Dallas. Granger would be a nice fit for the Clippers offense. CP3 might resign with this move. But unless they plan to play Billups, I don't know who's backing up CP.

If the trade happened Billups would play a little less SG and ALL of the backup PG minutes I'm sure. So something like 15-20 minutes a game at SG (start there) and 10-15 minutes at PG for Billups.
Old 01-30-2013, 06:07 PM   #25
SCdac
Very good NBA starter

SCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputation

Clippers would be so stacked.

Griffin + Paul + Granger .. can get you scoring from pretty much anywhere
SCdac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:07 PM   #26
JGXEN
COOL STORY BRAHHHHHHH

JGXEN is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
No man... just no. Granger is pretty much ready to go and nearly 100 percent and is a superior player to Bledsoe. He's only 29 so he's got a few good years left and he fills a big need at the SF spot with his defense, rebounding and ability to score 20 at any time reliably.

I absolutely DO see Granger putting us over the top with his versatility and he would give us a legit "big 3" with Griffin and CP3. Not that a big 3 is everything but it's great to have that core then have surrounding pieces like DJ+Crawford.

KG is 36 years old man. He's a great player and fit but not at his age as a long term fix. Melo is WAY too ball dominant to fit our system and roster although obviously he would be a great player to have. Granger would be a perfect 2nd or 3rd option.
.... Fab Melo
JGXEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:09 PM   #27
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

This is too good for the Clippers. Do you all realize that Granger is the ideal fit? He does what Butler is doing, but he actually does it well.

He's a much better shooter and a great off-ball player. He's a great shooter, able to space the floor, and he could probably play the 2 if the team wants to go big. The only thing about this trade is that they stack the SF position even more. Grant Hill can help run some point and Barnes can play some 2 and even some 4.

Of course, this makes it imperative that Billups comes back soon and that he becomes the backup PG...no more starting at the 2.

But the Pacers should not do this. Yea, they'll become a great defensive backcourt, tho small. Two combo guards, with Hill being a better fit as a 2, but it kills any chance of them adding a potential star...like Eric Gordon, who I would go out of my way to pursue.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:10 PM   #28
Clippersfan86
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGXEN
.... Fab Melo

Yea I got that after the fact. I have zero interest in another young project center. As it is I feel DJ is a weak link and we need a more stable veteran there.
Old 01-30-2013, 06:11 PM   #29
Mr. NBA
I hit open layups

Mr. NBA has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Just read on ESPN Insider that the Pacers top target right now is Eric Bledsoe and they would likely swap Danny Granger for him. Seems like they are rightfully clearing the wing spot for their young star Paul George. I say hell yes to this trade as long as Indy takes Butler too (would have to anyways to match cap).
If this deal goes through. Bledsoe can be the wildcard when he is defending someone like Wade in the playoffs. Bledsoe doesnt need anything called for him. Just let him go out there play amazing defense and pair him with Augustine or Hill at the same time. Both teams get better in this trade.
Mr. NBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:13 PM   #30
Clippersfan86
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. NBA
If this deal goes through. Bledsoe can be the wildcard when he is defending someone like Wade in the playoffs. Bledsoe doesnt need anything called for him. Just let him go out there play amazing defense and pair him with Augustine or Hill at the same time. Both teams get better in this trade.

Agree. I think Hill prefers SG anyways in that Iverson type of role. Although small they would be a DEADLY combo of scoring+defense. The issue would be teams exposing them because neither are great playmakers or floor generals.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: