Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-30-2013, 07:22 PM   #16
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Detroit has a great chance to make serious noise next year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
Sorry but in the OP did I ever give the impression that I know a ton about Detroit? Didn't think I did. Rather I was just thinking about what what Calderon could do for their bigs and the fact that Drummond has such massive upside.

Sorry bud but if you make a thread about a team and list its depth chart, you should know who plays on the team. Especially their best player.
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:23 PM   #17
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

hawkfan has not been impressing people

Calderon is underrated as a QB at the point guard position.
Detroit gets an upgrade to their team adding him.
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:24 PM   #18
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by BankShot
Sorry bud but if you make a thread about a team and list its depth chart, you should know who plays on the team. Especially their best player.

I obviously know who Monroe is and that he played for Detroit, it was an honest mistake, nothing more. How about you actually focus on the thread topic or just bail out? It seems a bit pointless to lock into a mistake in the OP and act like a douche about it no?
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:31 PM   #19
andremiller07
#Nenasty

andremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation here

Will the Pistons trade Knight/Stuckey for a good SG if they resign Jose? I said a while back they had a beast core going forward to.
andremiller07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:32 PM   #20
chips93
NBA sixth man of the year

chips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation here

i have a hard time seeing brandon knight playing the 2.

its not like hes an especially big pg.

i think he could be effective off the ball though.
chips93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:32 PM   #21
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by andremiller07
Will the Pistons trade Knight/Stuckey for a good SG if they resign Jose? I said a while back they had a beast core going forward to.

Would be stupid to trade Knight who actually has played good ball. I'd trade Stuckey for a SF or some depth.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:36 PM   #22
andremiller07
#Nenasty

andremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Would be stupid to trade Knight who actually has played good ball. I'd trade Stuckey for a SF or some depth.

Yeah I agree but one has to go and imo they could get a better SG/SF for Knight rather than Stuckey. But still they should trade Stuckey first.
andremiller07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:38 PM   #23
Clippersfan86
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by andremiller07
Yeah I agree but one has to go and imo they could get a better SG/SF for Knight rather than Stuckey. But still they should trade Stuckey first.

Stuckey is done in Detroit IMO. I agree Knight will bring in a better SG/SF but it's better to trade Stuckey for a solid one, then go for a very good one in free agency. A few good SG's and SF's this free agency and Detroit has good cap room right? May as well try to shed Villanova too.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:42 PM   #24
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Stuckey is done in Detroit IMO. I agree Knight will bring in a better SG/SF but it's better to trade Stuckey for a solid one, then go for a very good one in free agency. A few good SG's and SF's this free agency and Detroit has good cap room right? May as well try to shed Villanova too.
meh, he will re-emerge as a solid player IMO. 12 pts and 5-7 shooting in a starting role. what happens when calderon comes in? Do they start knight at the 2? I guess.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:46 PM   #25
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

If you're gonna play Knight at the 2, then you may as well trade him. What a waste of time.

Stuckey is a quality 6th man.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:46 PM   #26
Suckafree
High School Varsity 12th Man

Suckafree has an OK reputation so far

Does anybody really want stuckey on their team though?

I can't think of one team who would trade any assets for him.
He's on what, 8-9 mil per. So I guess he could be flipped as an expirer next year at the deadline.

Other than that, he can take his 11 points on 38% to Europe. He could be the next Bo Mcalebb
Suckafree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:48 PM   #27
Clippersfan86
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoah10115
If you're gonna play Knight at the 2, then you may as well trade him. What a waste of time.

Stuckey is a quality 6th man.

Plus I guess Stuckey is good insurance in case Calderon doesn't re-sign. Although I don't agree that Knight can't play the 2. I think he looks more natural as a scorer so using him off the ball may benefit him. Not like he's a great playmaker anyways. Calderon will get him a ton of easy shots.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:49 PM   #28
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by chips93
i have a hard time seeing brandon knight playing the 2.

its not like hes an especially big pg.

i think he could be effective off the ball though.

I've been saying this for a while. He's far too small to play SG in the NBA. He's a PG. They can play some small ball for a short amount of time during the game but Knight will be the one getting the minutes there.

I think they'll let Calderon's contract expire and go after a bigger trade or FA's. Since they aren't going to land Howard or CP3, Josh Smith is the only FA that makes any kind of sense. He's not a max contract type of guy like he thinks, and I would hate to over pay him. He's not going to turn the franchise around. Joe D must have another trade in mind.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:54 PM   #29
Rubio2Gasol
College star

Rubio2Gasol has decent reputation

A dude like Stuckey..I dunno. He's on this stupid contract that's gonna make him a really hard piece to deal. Meanwhile he hasn't really gotten a chance to re-coup the value he originally had going.

Then you think about a 3 man rotation of straight combo guards.

2 of them can shoot - which helps...but still.

They might as well hang onto him until the point the expiring contract becomes an incentive. If they can get a quality 2 or 3 for him - Burks, Ariza whomever - they might as well do it.
Rubio2Gasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:55 PM   #30
sfballa13
Kids at the park dunk on me

sfballa13 has not been impressing people

I wish Indiana would trade Granger for Stuckey and Jerebko

Calderon
Knight
Granger
Monroe
Drummond