Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-31-2013, 04:14 AM   #16
Clippersfan86
Banned

Default Re: What is your opinion of the Nuggets?

Pretty much capped out at 4-6 seed and 2nd round exit at best for the next few years IMO. Unless of course their young players like Faried and Lawson take it to a whole new level. I see a good team but one still without a go to player down the stretch in games. It's like one night it's Gallo, other night Lawson, other night Faried. They need to establish a pecking order in my personal opinion.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:45 AM   #17
Magic bird
The Banner

Exciting Offensive team. Improvements must be made in Half Court offense/set. Above Average depth. Only wish Jordan Hamilton would play more minutes. Probably the best player in the NBA playing under 11 minutes(Or something like that, have'nt watched too many Nuggets games)

Medium seed. I never see them winning a championship the way they are built now. If i was the Nuggets i would make a push to get a defense minded Center like KG?.

Also, i see Gallo becoming the Niggets leading scorer soon, only 24 years this season, he has the skillset and mentality to be the Go-to wing scorer that the Nuggets need to be a Championship team

Last edited by Magic bird : 01-31-2013 at 04:49 AM.
Magic bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:30 AM   #18
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
Pretty much capped out at 4-6 seed and 2nd round exit at best for the next few years IMO. Unless of course their young players like Faried and Lawson take it to a whole new level. I see a good team but one still without a go to player down the stretch in games. It's like one night it's Gallo, other night Lawson, other night Faried. They need to establish a pecking order in my personal opinion.

Nuggets have a pretty young core, but you're def right in saying unless one of their guy's takes a jump than they probably won't ever be more than a playoff team that gets knocked out in the 1st round. Hope for a 2nd round app. Which is probably what you hope for this year.

I don't think Karl will ever let there be a go to player down the stretch. He asks guy's to be aggressive but I don't think he likes when one guy just does everything. So like you said, Gallo has hit some huge shots. Ty will take a crack at it. Dre Miller has had some big 4th quarters. I dunno who I agree with but I think guy's like Gallo and Lawson need to get more looks when there feeling it, same time not really anybody on the roster could play 1st option for 82 games.

Circus shot by Danilo in the game last night
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:29 AM   #19
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

1st round exit 'cause they are in Western Conference, the team can make a run to 2nd round and even conference finals if they play in the East.
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:38 AM   #20
Shepseskaf
Old School

The talent is there but they have too many inconsistent players, which leads to lapses on both sides of the ball.

In the game last night, they should have put the Rockets away easily down the stretch but between Iggy's offensive gaffs and blowing defensive assignments, Houston almost got back into it.

Is Lawson the true lead guard, or is Miller?
Shepseskaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:43 AM   #21
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepseskaf

Is Lawson the true lead guard, or is Miller?

Lawson is without a doubt the better guard. Miller is a vet and Lawson will defer to him, as has been an issue his entire career. Not being aggressive enough. Even with his awful start to the season Lawson has still been better, now that he's kinda coming around it's kinda no contest.

Dre has been huge for Denver tho. Like you said we have alot of inconsistent players, including Lawson. He can be the calming vet presence at times.

Dre leads the 2nd unit, Lawson the starters. When there in together they kinda go back and forth running the offense.
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:03 PM   #22
Shepseskaf
Old School

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
Lawson is without a doubt the better guard. Miller is a vet and Lawson will defer to him, as has been an issue his entire career. Not being aggressive enough. Even with his awful start to the season Lawson has still been better, now that he's kinda coming around it's kinda no contest.

Dre has been huge for Denver tho. Like you said we have alot of inconsistent players, including Lawson. He can be the calming vet presence at times.

Dre leads the 2nd unit, Lawson the starters. When there in together they kinda go back and forth running the offense.
Thanks for the insight. To me, this team has a bunch of solid parts, but needs someone to step up and take control.

Like you said, it should be Lawson, but if I'm a fan of the team I'd still trust Miller more with the ball in crunch time. And Iggy should never be allowed to touch the ball on offense with a game in the balance.
Shepseskaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:32 PM   #23
kurple
NBA All-star

Nuggets have been BALLIN lately..

18-6 since December 3, only second to the Spurs who went 19-5. Pretty damn impressive.

Gallo is an allstar. No doubt. Lawson has been playing much better in january, and Ill Will have really made a difference in the half court game.

FT shooting is this teams only real weakness. that HAS to be fixed (**** you iggy and brewer)

And this team doesnt lack a closer. We have been pretty good in close games this season. Not any worse compared to when we had Melo
kurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:41 PM   #24
bagelred
Weird

Gallinari is playing great. He's turned into a very good all around player instead of the sharp shooter everyone thought he would be. Very smart. Great passer.

I always wonder....what if the Knicks simply kept this team.

PG - Nate Robinson
SG - Jamal Crawford
SF - Danilo Gallinari
PF - Zach Randolph
C - David Lee
6th Man - Wilson Chandler

Not too shabby. Isiah Thomas
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:30 PM   #25
Jacks3
Very good NBA starter

Good regular season that has zero chance in the post-season due to lack of any real star. Same as they've been for the past 3 seasons.
Jacks3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:32 PM   #26
Bigsmoke
Death Before Dishonor

the aight
Bigsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:33 PM   #27
iDunk
JC.IS.CA.AS.SD.TH.JS

1st or 2nd round exit

None of their young players seem to be developing into an All Star, I just don't think this team has a high ceiling.
iDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:45 PM   #28
kurple
NBA All-star

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDunk
1st or 2nd round exit

None of their young players seem to be developing into an All Star, I just don't think this team has a high ceiling.
every team in the east (except miami) would be a 2nd round exit in the west.

there is no shame in that
kurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:50 PM   #29
TyLawson3
omg pennies

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDunk
1st or 2nd round exit

Gallo has looked like one dating back to December, and Faried is certainly on his way as he is showing no signs of slowing down his progress. I believe by the end of next season, the Nuggets will have a player they can legit call an all-star.
TyLawson3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:04 PM   #30
niko
I Run NY.

Total bitch to play against but at best a spoiler type team because the way they play isn't going to suceed in the playoffs against the west powerhouses.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: