Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-31-2013, 01:06 PM   #31
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: What is your opinion of the Nuggets?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred
Gallinari is playing great. He's turned into a very good all around player instead of the sharp shooter everyone thought he would be. Very smart. Great passer.

I always wonder....what if the Knicks simply kept this team.

PG - Nate Robinson
SG - Jamal Crawford
SF - Danilo Gallinari
PF - Zach Randolph
C - David Lee
6th Man - Wilson Chandler

Not too shabby. Isiah Thomas
That team is garbage. Chandler is hurt all the time, Gallo often, Lee can't defend at Center, and the ball movement would be ass. Nate is playing well and he'll probably be cut by Chicago as soon as they can.

It reminds me of the Nets that team, talent with no upside because it could never mesh. It's a team you'd watch that wuold have nice moments but ultimate be a 500 team.
niko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:17 PM   #32
NugzFan
NBA lottery pick

NugzFan is considered somewhat coolNugzFan is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: What is you're opinion of the Nuggets?

Quote:
Originally Posted by imdaman99
great team at home, below average on the road. which is no revelation since about 75% of the league is shitty on the road. if they can somehow steal a game on the road, they can upset someone in the 1st round.

http://espn.go.com/nba/standings/_/s...ercent/group/1

whats the definition of "below average"? 12th best road record in the nba while playing in the much tougher conference. (ie, we dont have the luxury of miami, chicago, brooklyn etc getting to play extra road games at washington, orlando, charlotte, detroit, etc...)
NugzFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:38 PM   #33
iDunk
JC.IS.CA.AS.SD.TH.JS

iDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurple
every team in the east (except miami) would be a 2nd round exit in the west.

there is no shame in that
That's where you're wrong.
iDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:47 PM   #34
NugzFan
NBA lottery pick

NugzFan is considered somewhat coolNugzFan is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDunk

you must have misread his post.

he's right. the west is that good.
NugzFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:49 PM   #35
RoundMoundOfReb
Top 1 NBA/NFL Mind

RoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDunk
No he isn't. I really hope you're not talking about the knicks.
RoundMoundOfReb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:04 PM   #36
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: What is you're opinion of the Nuggets?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
See this is why I made this thread. Nuggets are weird. They dominate the paint. Lead the lead in scoring in that area, top 5 I believe in FTA .. all tho last in the league at shooting them. They also are a top 5 rebounding team. They have 3 capable 7 footers, which no other team can say.

Teams with size that can rebound while dominating the paint? That's success. At the same time they are a transition team that can't shoot and are a work in progress defensively which generally doesn't = success.

Gallo is starting to kinda step up too. Obviously not a real All-Star or even close to a superstar but he's hit some big shots and his production is becoming that of one of those fringe All-Star players like last year before he got hurt. Averaging 19 points on 46% shooting, 43% from deep in January. Averaged 16 on 42% shooting, 41% from deep the month before. Averaging 17 on the season.

Either way the big thing will be HC. Dominant at home, shitty on the road like somebody else said. Guess the question is can they catch Memphis while staying ahead of Golden State.

Gallo can step up. Nuggets had a superstar and still were a transition team that couldn't shoot (except for 2008-2010) and they had no success. They had bigs that could board, at the top of the league in FTA...but when team's force them to shoot in the postseason...they were dreadful to watch in the halfcourt. It was Melo on 5, because ball movement was forced to the perimeter and guys would clank shots.

I would actually say they may just be more dangerous now, because it's at least possible that of their many weapons, a couple guys could get hot and open up things for others. That's really what you hope for when you have this type of team. It depends on matchups, sorta like the Pistons. Rip was their main offense in the postseason in 04, but the advantage Chauncey had @ pg was what they used to actually win the finals.

This type of team has only won what? Once? And based on awesome defense.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:39 PM   #37
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Total bitch to play against but at best a spoiler type team because the way they play isn't going to suceed in the playoffs against the west powerhouses.

See I don't think people realize they are one of the best rebounding teams in the league and great at forcing turnovers. Why are post players so valuable? Obviously alot of reasons but one of those reasons are because of points in the paint. Gives you easy looks, gets you to the free throw line. Denver leads in that area and I think that's a big deal. Obviously we'd get smacked around in 7 game series against the West powerhouses like everybody else sans Miami but I think the rebounding and ability to kill you inside + the size is what separates Denver from that typical running team.

Quote:
This type of team has only won what? Once? And based on awesome defense.

Exactly. I don't think we've seen this team before. Pistons had one of the best defensive players of this generation. Guy's who routinely made the All-Star game during there stretch in Rip and Chauncey. Denver is more offensive than defensive. I don't like the comparison and I think people make it because of the dept/winning games. I think Indiana is more like Detroit than Denver.

Plus they're young. I honestly don't know the stats off the top of my head but I recall announcers mentioning they were the 3rd youngest team in the league. I think that's impressive, because I think at this point besides 4-5 teams in the league Denver has kept up with everybody. I do agree that they'll probably never win a championship tho. I think if people really looked deep enough you could say the same for over 3/4's of the league.
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:49 PM   #38
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
See I don't think people realize they are one of the best rebounding teams in the league and great at forcing turnovers. Why are post players so valuable? Obviously alot of reasons but one of those reasons are because of points in the paint. Gives you easy looks, gets you to the free throw line. Denver leads in that area and I think that's a big deal. Obviously we'd get smacked around in 7 game series against the West powerhouses like everybody else sans Miami but I think the rebounding and ability to kill you inside + the size is what separates Denver from that typical running team.

Exactly. I don't think we've seen this team before. Pistons had one of the best defensive players of this generation. Guy's who routinely made the All-Star game during there stretch in Rip and Chauncey. Denver is more offensive than defensive. I don't like the comparison and I think people make it because of the dept/winning games. I think Indiana is more like Detroit than Denver.

Plus they're young. I honestly don't know the stats off the top of my head but I recall announcers mentioning they were the 3rd youngest team in the league. I think that's impressive, because I think at this point besides 4-5 teams in the league Denver has kept up with everybody. I do agree that they'll probably never win a championship tho. I think if people really looked deep enough you could say the same for over 3/4's of the league.

Running teams don't win in the playoffs. I'm not saying i don't think Denver has upside or will never improve, etc. btw. Just this year, this team, i don't see it. The best teams in the West have size up the ass and also are pretty tough physical teams. I just think that the pace will slow down and it will stop them. The problem with playing at pace is not matter what the last few minutes the pace goes to a crawl.

You have a CHANCE though, it's not ridiculous to say you'd beat any team in any individual series. I don't mean that as a backhanded compliment, those are very tough teams out west.
Old 01-31-2013, 06:52 PM   #39
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I predicted Nuggets would be a Top 2 seed, probably beating out Lakers.

Well, I was half right.
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:53 PM   #40
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
I predicted Nuggets would be a Top 2 seed, probably beating out Lakers.

Well, I was half right.

That's because you are counting the part of the season that already past. The new Laker season starting tomorrow will be better.
Old 01-31-2013, 06:56 PM   #41
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
That's because you are counting the part of the season that already past. The new Laker season starting tomorrow will be better.

That's true. The Lakers season starts.....wait...wait for it......NOW!

But on the other topic, I think you are underrating that Knick team above. Nuggets are winning and Gallo is a big part of that. Warriors are winning and Lee is a big part of that. Grizzlies are winning and Zach is a big part of that. Clips are winning and Crawford...well....at least part of that.

One wonders...what if they all stayed TOGETHER. Championship!!!
Old 01-31-2013, 06:59 PM   #42
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
That's true. The Lakers season starts.....wait...wait for it......NOW!

But on the other topic, I think you are underrating that Knick team above. Nuggets are winning and Gallo is a big part of that. Warriors are winning and Lee is a big part of that. Grizzlies are winning and Zach is a big part of that. Clips are winning and Crawford...well....at least part of that.

One wonders...what if they all stayed TOGETHER. Championship!!!
No, they are a bunch of guys who need to play with guys not like them to excel. Especially Nate, he's a nutcase. I love Nate (he loved us knick fans so i am not throwing that away) but he can't be a starter on a good team. Nate? And Lee's defense is....spotty....i'll be nice.

Zach is good on a team with a lot of good character guys and Gallo if healthy could be a starter on a good team but the others, no. Even Crawford, he's better off the bench, too selfish as a starter.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:01 PM   #43
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Running teams don't win in the playoffs. I'm not saying i don't think Denver has upside or will never improve, etc. btw. Just this year, this team, i don't see it. The best teams in the West have size up the ass and also are pretty tough physical teams. I just think that the pace will slow down and it will stop them. The problem with playing at pace is not matter what the last few minutes the pace goes to a crawl.

You have a CHANCE though, it's not ridiculous to say you'd beat any team in any individual series. I don't mean that as a backhanded compliment, those are very tough teams out west.

I'm not saying Denver are better than those teams. They aren't. There not better than SA, OKC, Clippers at the moment. I think that's where in the end everybody we'll probably agree about Denver. They would need a miracle to beat OKC or something. I think that's more just not as much talent than anything tho .. not playing style. OKC/SA/Clips etc. are simply better because they have more top end talent, SA just being better coached, well ran etc.

However, Denver just isn't a running team. They rebound at an elite level. They score in the paint at an elite level. They are top 5 in FTA's. I think the rebounding thing sticks out to me because people are constantly saying rebounding! you need to rebound to win in the playoffs and Denver is 2nd in rebounds per game and 3rd in rebounding differential. Defensively they still struggle and they push the pace Iggy is still one of the best defenders in the league and I think that defensively + our size is a huge wildcard. Were terrible defending as a team but guy's like Iggy, Gallo, Chandler are good defenders themselves.

What teams do you think have more size than Denver, not in the West but league wide? Mosgov, Kosta, McGee. Those are 3 7+ footers than can legit play basketball. Iggy is like 6'8 and are starting SG. Gallo like 6'11 as our starting SF ... Kenneth Faried and Ty would be are undersized players I guess but I'm not seeing the size argument at all. It's one thing that would be one of the few things Denver would have going for them. Size + athletic ability might be our best thing in a series.

Do you think it's more likely they catch Memphis or Golden State and get knocked out in the 2nd round as opposed to staying 6th and getting tossed out in the 1st round? ... I still don't really know.

Last edited by NuggetsFan : 01-31-2013 at 07:04 PM.
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:03 PM   #44
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Nick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Perennial 8 seed. Their future is bright, if they keep drafting decent #18 picks they might be able to get to 7 seed in a few years
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:04 PM   #45
bagelred
Weird

Quote:
No, they are a bunch of guys who need to play with guys not like them to excel. Especially Nate, he's a nutcase. I love Nate (he loved us knick fans so i am not throwing that away) but he can't be a starter on a good team. Nate? And Lee's defense is....spotty....i'll be nice.

Zach is good on a team with a lot of good character guys and Gallo if healthy could be a starter on a good team but the others, no. Even Crawford, he's better off the bench, too selfish as a starter.

You are being a little rough on Zach, Gallo, and Lee....who are all playing at very high levels, me thinks.

It's ok, we got rid of Lee and Zach so we could get Amare. Wait....what?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: