Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-31-2013, 02:40 AM   #16
plowking
well DENG

Default Re: Removal of Rep System Increases Shitty Laker Threads (both for and against Lakers))

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
I actually spend way more time in the OTC. But the NBA forum has now become more ridiculous than the OTC forum. The difference is, the OTC is set up for some ridiculousness, while (in theory) the NBA forum should be about actual NBA conversations.

Same.
Just find another forum for decent sports chat. And live with the insanity here.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:40 AM   #17
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: Removal of Rep System Increases Shitty Laker Threads (both for and against Lakers))

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
I can't imagine the level of narcissism it must take to believe every dumb thought which crosses one's brain should be made into a new thread.

Seriously, people... STFU.

Seriously. And every aspect that could legitimately get talked about can fit into an already existing thread. For example, there should be a Kobe Twitter thread, not a completely new thread every time he tweets.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:42 AM   #18
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
Same.
Just find another forum for decent sports chat. And live with the insanity here.

There actually used to be some decent conversations here years ago. The only place you can find that now in the NBA forum is a game day thread for the non-Lakers, Heat, and maybe a couple other teams.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:42 AM   #19
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

Somebody should just create a thread for individuals. Seriously, biggest reason L.A gets hate is because of Kobe. Biggest reason they get praised on here is also because of him. People hate LeBron because they cheer for Durant, people hate on others because they cheer for LeBron. Jordan fans take shots at everybody, people create threads pimping out there player to piss off the Jordan fans.

If you removed all the people who only care for individuals things wouldn't be nearly as bad. Still have people trolling and hating other teams but there would be far less agenda's and be more conference, rivalry related such as Knick fans vs Heat fans, everybody vs L.A or the large fanbases etc.
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:42 AM   #20
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:45 AM   #21
ClutchOver9000
#Knickstape

Quote:

ClutchOver9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:46 AM   #22
Noob Saibot
NBA lottery pick

Quote:

dayum. the lakers are too damn popular. this crap is offensive.
Noob Saibot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:48 AM   #23
plowking
well DENG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
There actually used to be some decent conversations here years ago. The only place you can find that now in the NBA forum is a game day thread for the non-Lakers, Heat, and maybe a couple other teams.

The only time I find it is when discussing older players for the most part. Even then, most posters hold a grudge on here, and simply come in, cuss you out and leave the thread. Its hard to find any semblance of normality.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:51 AM   #24
oh the horror
7-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazzy
They're constantly deleting threads. The problem is only Jeff has ban power.

That's unreal to me
oh the horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:51 AM   #25
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noob Saibot
dayum. the lakers are too damn popular. this crap is offensive.
It gets just as bad after Heat games. I've seen entire pages of nothing but deleted threads. It's usually the same group of offenders after both Lakers/Heat games, though. This problem could easily be solved, but Jeff chooses the way we run this board.
Old 01-31-2013, 02:54 AM   #26
Graviton
The Lost Ninja Turtle

Default Re: Removal of Rep System Increases Shitty Laker Threads (both for and against Lakers

It has to get worse before it gets any better. I hate it too, but I am trying to make it so horrible that Jeff "MA AD MONEYZ" gives moderators more power to ban all the retarded trolls that spam all day. Make it so every thread in the NBA forum has to be approved by a moderator, implement harsher rules to discourage trolling, flaming and mindless spam. Tighten this shit up.

I am trying to sacrifice myself to help improve the quality of the forum. But Jeff definitely doesn't care about all that trolling, there are a lot of lurkers out there who visit just to witness the immature wars and get a laugh. That = more Ad money for Jeff. Why would he clean up the forum and promote more boring, methodical discussion? Cheap shits and giggles attract more people, you appeal to the ignorant majority, not the mature, objective minority that God forbid appreciates basketball and hates no player/team.
Graviton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:00 AM   #27
Mr. Jabbar
Da Real Lambo

Quote:
It gets just as bad after Heat games. I've seen entire pages of nothing but deleted threads. It's usually the same group of offenders after both Lakers/Heat games, though. This problem could easily be solved, but Jeff chooses the way we run this board.

Jeff runs things awesomly imo, this is the most fun bball board in the world. He is the kobe bryant of forum owners.
Mr. Jabbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:04 AM   #28
Noob Saibot
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Jabbar
Jeff runs things awesomly imo, this is the most fun bball board in the world. He is the kobe bryant of forum owners.

Like I've predicted its the Kobe System.
Noob Saibot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:05 AM   #29
BrickingStar
Banned

Quote:
I wish you could delete troll threads after lakers winning and not just after losses
BrickingStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:07 AM   #30
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickingStar
I wish you could delete troll threads after lakers winning and not just after losses
Unfortunately, I can't be on this board 24/7. I work a lot of nights. When I'm on here, I do my best.

I honestly couldn't care less whether the Lakers win or lose, btw.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: