Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-31-2013, 03:11 PM   #31
tikay0
Banned

Default Re: You know What really "Grinds my gears?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey3000
I have no problem with you taking him over any of them. Thatís your choice. As you said, you enjoy his highlights and I do think he is more athletic than any of the guys mentioned there besides maybe Westbrook who is at best on par with Rose.

But again, this is my problem. Unless Rose is the absolute reason for success, rose fans get upset. I never said he was not good, all I simply stated is he has not done as much for this team as people claim.

They canít beat good teams in the playoffs without him? What good team have they beaten with him?

You want to shut me up? Name a completely healthy good team that Rose has defeated in the playoffs. The Pacers? The Sixers? Where are you getting this "They cant win the playoffs with out him" Crap?

And that is what really Grinds my gears.

You can say the same damn thing with every superstar in the league. Why Rose's name, out of all the NBA players?

You got something personal against him?

Also, who in the bloody hell said, "they can't win in the playoffs without him"?

I didn't. I think you got me confused with another poster. I'm the one that said you're a straight up hater. Which you are.
tikay0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:14 PM   #32
Glide2keva
NBA sixth man of the year

Rose must be coming back soon because the haters are getting in mid-season troll form.
Glide2keva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:19 PM   #33
Joey3000
High school junior varsity star

Thats all the time we have today. Tune in next time for another episode of

"What really Grinds my gears"

Joey3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:20 PM   #34
Ikill
i be killah swag

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanjizzle

pls tell us OP. how many bulls games did you watch in 2011-2012? be honest. 3?

and do you really believe melo is above rose? rofl.

and for you to say if rose was healthy they would be 3rd in conference. LOL they would be first, like they have been the last 2 years
You can definitely make a case that Melo is playing better than 2011 Rose this year.
Ikill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:21 PM   #35
tikay0
Banned

Quote:
Thats all the time we have today. Tune in next time for another episode of

"What really Grinds my gears"

Bro. If you would've proven a point, this would've been some what amusing, but you came in here, and made an ass out of yourself.

Your now, bowing out in defeat, and trying to be funny about it.

You got sonned by nearly every Bulls fan in here.

Old 01-31-2013, 03:37 PM   #36
Jacks3
Very good NBA starter

Bulls offense with Rose: #5
Bulls offense without Rose: #21

Them "sharing the ball" means nothing when they have zero play-makers and scorers. They've survived without him because of their amazing defense, but won't do anything in the playoffs. Another 1st-round exit unless he comes back.

Basically,

Bulls with healthy Rose: 62+ wins/Very strong contender
Bulls with without Rose: Solid team that has no chance to win it all.
Jacks3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:42 PM   #37
Joey3000

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikay0
Bro. If you would've proven a point, this would've been some what amusing, but you came in here, and made an ass out of yourself.

Your now, bowing out in defeat, and trying to be funny about it.

You got sonned by nearly every Bulls fan in here.

No I made all my points. Yall got butt hurt and started putting up a bunch of smilies thinking your making points.
Old 01-31-2013, 04:17 PM   #38
nathanjizzle
life is exasperating

the only point that OP has proven was the point that he is a low IQ nba fan.
nathanjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:18 PM   #39
nathanjizzle
life is exasperating

Quote:
No I made all my points. Yall got butt hurt and started putting up a bunch of smilies thinking your making points.

are you this delusional? you made no points at all, you gave us a poor opinion.
nathanjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:57 PM   #40
Joey3000

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
are you this delusional? you made no points at all, you gave us a poor opinion.

Here are my points:
  • The Bulls are obviously not a bad team with out Rose.
  • The Bulls as a team dont get enough credit for what they are doing with out their star player.
  • People act like Rose has lead this team to huge wins in the playoffs, but cant name any of these Huge wins since all the teams they haven beaten have been teams that were not that great.

Infact, theres nothing to dispute here. Those are all facts.
Old 01-31-2013, 05:09 PM   #41
nightprowler10
Bring Back Bogans!

I apologize in advance for the following wall of text.

You know what really grinds my gears? People taking credit away from Rose after watching a handful of Bulls games every season. I've missed just a handful of Bulls games in the last 5 years. Here's a high level description of Rose vs the rest of the team since his rookie season.

2009/10:

Bulls under Vinny del Negro were just biding the time before they go and sign a big name during the infamous 2010 FA. Rose was still learning to show leadership on the floor. The team respected him, but he struggled in this role and never tried to take over games and deferred to his teammates too much. This was horrible to watch as we'd blow leads all the time and struggled to get any rhythm. It wasn't until a few weeks before the all-star break that he started taking over and we started winning games. Had he been doing that all year, we would have a better record and I'm sure he'd be in the MVP talks.

2010/11:

Bulls acquire 9 FAs and a new coach. Lose Boozer and Noah to injury throughout the season (they combined to miss something like 55 games). Thibs, who is by far the reason we have a good record this year, did not coach offense. At all. Go watch any of the games from that year. Rose, by Thibs own admission, was his plan on offense. If you need further proof, watch how bad our offense was whenever Rose wasn't on the court. Thibs was excellent defensively, but he barely ever did anything on offense. Almost all of his timeouts were taken when the bulls did something stupid defensively, never to get the offense going, because again Rose WAS his offense. This lack of planning on Thibs part caused undue fatigue for Rose and he started breaking down in the playoffs, even starting from the 1st round. Not saying we would've beaten Miami with a fresh Derrick though, after all, our offense still depended too much on Rose.

2011/12:

Starting from game 1 of the season on Xmas day against the Lakers, you could tell Thibs had made some huge adjustments in his offensive planning, as in, he actually had a plan now. The interior passing became excellent and the ball didn't need to be in Rose's hands on every possession for us to score. Due to the excellent coaching we became very productive on offense with or without Rose, though we still needed Rose to facilitate the offense against elite PGs or when we couldn't get the offense going no matter what. Even in his injury ridden season, he brought us back into games several times and hit game winners. Again though, the team wasnít as dependant on him anymore in the regular season, but we still needed him to facilitate the offense in the playoffs.

2012/13:

This season has seen Thibs build on the offensive schemes he had developed last year. While we had an excellent bench last two years, this bench has a lot more playmaking ability, which is why weíve seen them do a good job keeping the offense going throughout the game. Thibs has done an incredible job keeping the team playing hard and guys like Joakim and Boozer have really stepped up. That said, not having someone like Rose in the lineup hurts us when we canít generate offense for whole quarters. We donít have a run killer. We donít have someone to rally the offense when no one can hit their shots. Sure, Deng and Bellinelli have made game-winning plays here and there, but we got that killer instinct with Rose night in night out. With Rose at the helm, we were never out of any game. Like Boozer said the other night, when Rose was there, they got lazy because they knew Rose would get **** done with 5 seconds left on the shot clock. Thatís changed now, hopefully for good.
nightprowler10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:40 PM   #42
tikay0
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightprowler10
I apologize in advance for the following wall of text.

You know what really grinds my gears? People taking credit away from Rose after watching a handful of Bulls games every season. I've missed just a handful of Bulls games in the last 5 years. Here's a high level description of Rose vs the rest of the team since his rookie season.

2009/10:

Bulls under Vinny del Negro were just biding the time before they go and sign a big name during the infamous 2010 FA. Rose was still learning to show leadership on the floor. The team respected him, but he struggled in this role and never tried to take over games and deferred to his teammates too much. This was horrible to watch as we'd blow leads all the time and struggled to get any rhythm. It wasn't until a few weeks before the all-star break that he started taking over and we started winning games. Had he been doing that all year, we would have a better record and I'm sure he'd be in the MVP talks.

2010/11:

Bulls acquire 9 FAs and a new coach. Lose Boozer and Noah to injury throughout the season (they combined to miss something like 55 games). Thibs, who is by far the reason we have a good record this year, did not coach offense. At all. Go watch any of the games from that year. Rose, by Thibs own admission, was his plan on offense. If you need further proof, watch how bad our offense was whenever Rose wasn't on the court. Thibs was excellent defensively, but he barely ever did anything on offense. Almost all of his timeouts were taken when the bulls did something stupid defensively, never to get the offense going, because again Rose WAS his offense. This lack of planning on Thibs part caused undue fatigue for Rose and he started breaking down in the playoffs, even starting from the 1st round. Not saying we would've beaten Miami with a fresh Derrick though, after all, our offense still depended too much on Rose.

2011/12:

Starting from game 1 of the season on Xmas day against the Lakers, you could tell Thibs had made some huge adjustments in his offensive planning, as in, he actually had a plan now. The interior passing became excellent and the ball didn't need to be in Rose's hands on every possession for us to score. Due to the excellent coaching we became very productive on offense with or without Rose, though we still needed Rose to facilitate the offense against elite PGs or when we couldn't get the offense going no matter what. Even in his injury ridden season, he brought us back into games several times and hit game winners. Again though, the team wasnít as dependant on him anymore in the regular season, but we still needed him to facilitate the offense in the playoffs.

2012/13:

This season has seen Thibs build on the offensive schemes he had developed last year. While we had an excellent bench last two years, this bench has a lot more playmaking ability, which is why weíve seen them do a good job keeping the offense going throughout the game. Thibs has done an incredible job keeping the team playing hard and guys like Joakim and Boozer have really stepped up. That said, not having someone like Rose in the lineup hurts us when we canít generate offense for whole quarters. We donít have a run killer. We donít have someone to rally the offense when no one can hit their shots. Sure, Deng and Bellinelli have made game-winning plays here and there, but we got that killer instinct with Rose night in night out. With Rose at the helm, we were never out of any game. Like Boozer said the other night, when Rose was there, they got lazy because they knew Rose would get **** done with 5 seconds left on the shot clock. Thatís changed now, hopefully for good.

No need to apologize. I read every last word of your post, and whole heartedly agree with everything you said.

DA BULLS!!!

Old 01-31-2013, 06:44 PM   #43
tikay0
Banned

Quote:
So him out playing those guys has nothing to do with his teamís Defense swarming them and forcing turnovers and bad shots?

It was just Rose on the floor dominating on both ends of the court? Is that what I'm lead to believe?

News Flash!!! These guys are still being contained!!!

Watch the games for yourslef. the media is always gunna give you a hero. I just dont by it.

Moral of the story. The opposing team can't seem to contain him.

Old 01-31-2013, 07:23 PM   #44
SwayDizzle
Local High School Star

Quote:
And that there is the problem. He hasnít lead them anywhere. So to say "They can only go so far without him." Is baseless. It would be more accurate to say that they carry him. Why can that be said? because they are proving right now that they can do it without him.

If this team goes to the playoffs, and lose in the second round to the Miami heat... what would have been different from last year when he was healthy?

He has not done enough for this team to deserve this title of a "leader" that he gets.

Will he help? Absolutely!!! Is he what makes this team successful? Check their record with and without him for that answer.
What you talking about brew? We all saw what happened after Rose got injured. Bulls got bounced by the 76ers in the first round. They didn't even make it to play the Heat. And the year before that, they reached the ECFs.
SwayDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:20 PM   #45
Fatstogey
I airball my layups

Sorry bra but no. Lebron is the best basketball player on planet earth right now. I dont care if people are tired of him getting mvp, he deserves it. Lebron even deserved it when rose got it last time.

Dont give his mvp to someone else again. It already happened once.
Fatstogey is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: