Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 02-07-2013, 02:54 AM   #16
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people
Default Re: Start Darius Morris/Bench Metta World Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
D'Antoni has made one adjustment that has worked for the better, and that move is that he doesn't have them run as much. The half court sets look great and that can be attributed to how Kobe and Nash have been running the show. It's good that he's letting them do that.

They don't run unless there is a for sure scoring opportunity. Remember that play against the Nets when Nash threw a half court pass to Kobe ahead of the D for the wide open layup? D'Antoni's system has been altered and improved by his pieces and it has become more of a read n react type of offense. Im enjoying watching it. They've also been defending other teams well. Brooklyn, OKC, Utah, and all the other teams we beat were pretty low scoring. Perhaps its beginning to turn around in the land of 17 championships.

I don't believe for 1 second that 'Antoni had anything to do with changing his style, I am positive that he was forced to do it, either by the players or the front office....or both. There is no way in hell that 'Antoni did it.
Please don't mention championships, just mention we hope to make the playoffs.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 02:57 AM   #17
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
I don't believe for 1 second that 'Antoni had anything to do with changing his style, I am positive that he was forced to do it, either by the players or the front office....or both. There is no way in hell that 'Antoni did it.

Wasn't Pau quoted in saying that the players just started running the offense on their own? It seems like he said something along those lines. It wasn't exactly worded like that but you could tell what he meant.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:02 AM   #18
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
Wasn't Pau quoted in saying that the players just started running the offense on their own? It seems like he said something along those lines. It wasn't exactly worded like that but you could tell what he meant.

Oh yeah.....I forgot but yes he did.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:15 PM   #19
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Well whether he was forced or not, he did it, and they are successful lately. I didn't mean its a championship team, just acknowledging that this is the land of 17 championships :).
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:58 PM   #20
DKLaker

Quote:
Well whether he was forced or not, he did it, and they are successful lately. I didn't mean its a championship team, just acknowledging that this is the land of 17 championships :).

I hear you, it's just that I'm not even thinking about the past, I'm mourning the future with 'Antoni. I don't see us winning anything as long as he's here.....not even close.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:41 PM   #21
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Start Darius Morris

Quote:
Dude!!!! Can you ever post anything without adding my name....and Kobe to it? It's kinda getting creepy....like a Manti Te'o Catfish creepy level

I love you bro... no homo.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:54 PM   #22
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
D'Antoni has made one adjustment that has worked for the better, and that move is that he doesn't have them run as much. The half court sets look great and that can be attributed to how Kobe and Nash have been running the show. It's good that he's letting them do that.

They don't run unless there is a for sure scoring opportunity. Remember that play against the Nets when Nash threw a half court pass to Kobe ahead of the D for the wide open layup? D'Antoni's system has been altered and improved by his pieces and it has become more of a read n react type of offense. Im enjoying watching it. They've also been defending other teams well. Brooklyn, OKC, Utah, and all the other teams we beat were pretty low scoring. Perhaps its beginning to turn around in the land of 17 championships.

Slowing the pace helped a lot but IMO, Kobe sharing the ball resulting to better ball movement somewhat energized the team to work harder esp on defense. I posted stats before where their defensive stats are better when Kobe takes less shots.
Also by passing more, Kobe is MISSING LESS shots. He has a career ave of 11 missed FGs, they nearly lost the Nets game if not for Clark, Pau, Jamison, Stepping up as Kobe decided to take 24 shots, missing 15.
The games vs Jazz,OKC, Hornets he missed 14 shots IN THREE GAMES.
I understand there are certaing games where he can dominate a shorter defender but at times, he gets carried away hence their offense becomes too predictable.

Last edited by tamaraw08 : 02-07-2013 at 09:58 PM.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:19 AM   #23
DKLaker

Default Re: Start Darius Morris

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08
I love you bro... no homo.

Old 02-08-2013, 05:26 PM   #24
kkinchen
High school junior varsity star

kkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this board

We need MOrris youth and athleticism.
kkinchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:06 PM   #25
kkinchen

kkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Does anyone agree with me now?
Old 02-20-2013, 07:41 PM   #26
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkinchen
Does anyone agree with me now?

I'm one of the biggest Morris supporters on this board and I don't agree still.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:56 PM   #27
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkinchen
We need MOrris youth and athleticism.

Yes those are his attributes but he problem IMO is that he is not a very smart player..yet. esp if you compare him to Blake. Right now, the team can't afford to commit too many turnovers esp with their lack of speed in transistion defense.
Dictating the right tempo, court vision, when to attack and knowing when to pull back, ability to make that entry pass etc etc etc.
Another weakness is that he is not a great shooter. Hence he can't spread the floor that much.
Old 02-24-2013, 11:25 PM   #28
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08
Yes those are his attributes but he problem IMO is that he is not a very smart player..yet. esp if you compare him to Blake. Right now, the team can't afford to commit too many turnovers esp with their lack of speed in transistion defense.
Dictating the right tempo, court vision, when to attack and knowing when to pull back, ability to make that entry pass etc etc etc.
Another weakness is that he is not a great shooter. Hence he can't spread the floor that much.

I think in the future morris can be a useful role player because of the skills he has so far. He's improved on his IQ this season over the last season. If he were to remain here next season, I'd love to see his jumpshot improved and his playmaking ability. Anyone that can control the tempo other than Kobe and Nash is just another great help. I like the kid's potential though.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:58 PM   #29
kkinchen

Is anyone with me now. Having Metta and Nash out there at the same time is like playing 5 against 3 for the opposing team.

Will somebody tell D'antoni to use some common sense and move Metta to the bench and give either Meeks or Morris the starting role in his place.
Old 03-01-2013, 11:58 PM   #30
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

Quote:
I think in the future morris can be a useful role player because of the skills he has so far. He's improved on his IQ this season over the last season. If he were to remain here next season, I'd love to see his jumpshot improved and his playmaking ability. Anyone that can control the tempo other than Kobe and Nash is just another great help. I like the kid's potential though.

I like this kid too esp his speed and ability to attack the basket. IMO, he is like Ramon Sessions. If I was the coach, I would use him for like 12 mins, hound the opposing pgs and disrupt their offense, attack the other pgs etc.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: