Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-14-2014, 12:21 PM   #1
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Movies that reminded you of your young adult years

Those years between 18-25
What movies reminded you of the culture, the fashion, electronics, the whole vibe of that particular era in your life

For me a couple came to mind:

Mallrats

Empire Records
hateraid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 12:29 PM   #2
JamiesChrist
Banned

JamiesChrist has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Movies that reminded you of your young adult years

Wolf of Wall street
JamiesChrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 12:30 PM   #3
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateraid
Those years between 18-25
What movies reminded you of the culture, the fashion, electronics, the whole vibe of that particular era in your life

For me a couple came to mind:

Mallrats

Empire Records

You are not going to find many people who are going to be able to relate to this from a hindsight perspective given most posters seem to be ages 15-25.

For me, 4 years of that age range was college, so I think of college movies, but even then, most college movies take place at huge universities with much bigger parties than I was used to. After that, the next few years were grad school focused, so that has even fewer movies I relate to.

It happened after 25, but the movie that probably best relates to my life is 50/50.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 12:41 PM   #4
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
You are not going to find many people who are going to be able to relate to this from a hindsight perspective given most posters seem to be ages 15-25.

For me, 4 years of that age range was college, so I think of college movies, but even then, most college movies take place at huge universities with much bigger parties than I was used to. After that, the next few years were grad school focused, so that has even fewer movies I relate to.

It happened after 25, but the movie that probably best relates to my life is 50/50.

Yeah, I realized that.
I realize how dated I was when I watched Empire Records and my son asked what a cassette tape was
hateraid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 12:44 PM   #5
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateraid
Yeah, I realized that.
I realize how dated I was when I watched Empire Records and my son asked what a cassette tape was

Not long before people don't know what CDs are. I'm guessing it is starting with people not knowing what it stands for.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 12:46 PM   #6
Droid101
3-time NBA All-Star

Droid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Can't Hardly Wait
Droid101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 12:54 PM   #7
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Movie Alpha Dog reminds me exactly of my high school years and a few years after...
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 12:56 PM   #8
macmac
Gov'n

macmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Dazed and Confused
Superbad

Not exactly, but enough similar elements and vibe.
macmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 01:38 PM   #9
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
Not long before people don't know what CDs are. I'm guessing it is starting with people not knowing what it stands for.

People already don't know VHS... You see tons of people calling them VCR tapes.
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 01:40 PM   #10
#number6ix#
IN RILEY WE TRUST!!!!!

#number6ix# is a pretty well-respected poster#number6ix# is a pretty well-respected poster#number6ix# is a pretty well-respected poster

Superbad
Juice
#number6ix# is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 02:05 PM   #11
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Go
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7goCiIlF6Q

Reality Bites
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDYGo0UgIVM

The Boys and Girls Guide to Getting Down
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NONNlIJeqi0

The Young and Dangerous
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsKCun0HW5k
rezznor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 02:19 PM   #12
Ratnik
I hit open 5-footers

Ratnik has not been impressing people

Trainspotting
Ratnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 02:21 PM   #13
riseagainst
Lebron fan

riseagainst is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Shame.
riseagainst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 02:54 PM   #14
Levity
Dale, you giblet head!

Levity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
People already don't know VHS... You see tons of people calling them VCR tapes.

haha im surprised people even know to call it a VCR.
Levity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 03:14 PM   #15
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

ShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The Goonies!
ShannonElements is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: