Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-01-2013, 02:41 PM   #31
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: So my views on religion have changed a tad bit...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanners
unless you actually believe in magic, it is pretty obviously a fairy tale.
Our existence is "magic" no matter which angle you take...
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:42 PM   #32
BuGzBuNNy

BuGzBuNNy has a near all-star reputation hereBuGzBuNNy has a near all-star reputation hereBuGzBuNNy has a near all-star reputation hereBuGzBuNNy has a near all-star reputation hereBuGzBuNNy has a near all-star reputation hereBuGzBuNNy has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanners
unless you actually believe in magic, it is pretty obviously a fairy tale.
wha? this sentence basically says "unless you actually believe in God, it is pretty obviously a fairy tale."

What is magic to the creator of existence?
BuGzBuNNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:55 PM   #33
Is He Ill
Cowboys & Spurs

Is He Ill is considered somewhat coolIs He Ill is considered somewhat coolIs He Ill is considered somewhat cool

I agree with you even though I'm more of a pantheist. But when religious people start spouting anti-gay bs or anti-science bs, I am forced to tap out. That drives me insane.
Is He Ill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:05 PM   #34
IamRAMBO24
College superstar

IamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this board

As much as I hate atheists who only believe in a material reality (which has been disproven and makes their position delusional), I also resent religion because it believes in one God that happens to look like the person worshiping him with all the habits, mores, etc. that go along with the culture. It doesn't accept the idea of other Gods which makes it stupid since there are so many different interpretations of the same thing.

I only believe in a spirituality that encompasses all of mankind and different cultures are simply trying to explain the same thing using their own worldly perspective.

This is the premise of Buddhism.
IamRAMBO24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:26 PM   #35
SilkkTheShocker
RAY ALLEN FOR 3..BANG!

SilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Is He Ill
I agree with you even though I'm more of a pantheist. But when religious people start spouting anti-gay bs or anti-science bs, I am forced to tap out. That drives me insane.

For the most part they are right when it comes to that "bs"
SilkkTheShocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:30 PM   #36
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

KingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Radical atheists are def assholes. I used to be one too and holy crap, they're arrogant as hell. I'm consider myself a deist now but to be fair, radical anything is bad. Atheist, Christian, Muslim, Feminist (holy shit these are the most annoying by far) etc..
KingBeasley08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:30 PM   #37
Is He Ill
Cowboys & Spurs

Is He Ill is considered somewhat coolIs He Ill is considered somewhat coolIs He Ill is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
For the most part they are right when it comes to that "bs"

Old 02-01-2013, 04:29 PM   #38
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

RoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

After careful consideration I have come to the conclusion that religion is not the problem it's the people. That is not to say that religion is some great thing though. I think it's fair to say the same thing about guns. They are tools that can be used for good but in the wrong hands they are dangerous.

So I think religion has a very high capacity to do harm to a lot of people. I really don't care if you believe in god, I'm not going to argue with someone that needs to believe in something to find inner peace. I just don't want someone preaching to me.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:46 PM   #39
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Many atheists are just atheists to disprove religion...they are not atheists because they truly believe the big bang happened all on it's own somehow, but because they just want to point their finger at the Bible and say "look, that's impossible!...I figured it out on my own, look how smart I am!"...which also ignores the large % of Christians that don't take the Bible as literal. Then they will claim that religion is the source of all the world's problems (no, man is to blame, not religion) right after celebrating Christmas in all it's glory.

There are very few atheists that are actually in it because they have a faith of no God existing or other planes/dimensions of any kind...all they know is that the Bible is wrong, and science is awesome.
Old 02-01-2013, 05:33 PM   #40
Nash
NBA rookie of the year

Nash is starting to rub some people the wrong wayNash is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Atheist people are religious too, they act like religious people when it comes to their atheism.
Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:09 PM   #41
CelticBaller
lite kobe

CelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

There's always assholes in groups, I am a Christian and I hate the Westboro Baptist church(well, any sane person would). Some atheist do tend to be disrespectful, but its okay, I am a laid back person who doesn't get offended over words
CelticBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:12 PM   #42
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
and yes atheists are as close minded as it gets...reject everything

That is a pretty closed minded statement. I mean it is just a flat out generalization of a group of people, and it is indicative of everything you say you aren't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
and yes some atheists are as close minded as it gets.

Fixed.
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:14 PM   #43
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller-time
That is a pretty closed minded statement. I mean it is just a flat out generalization of a group of people, and it is indicative of everything you say you aren't.

Fixed.
okay...I agree with that
Old 02-01-2013, 07:04 PM   #44
Mach_3
Local High School Star

Mach_3 has decent reputationMach_3 has decent reputation

Quote:
From my experiences with Atheists, they tend to be overweight, ugly, kids that were picked on in school, came from broken homes, etc. They seem more mad at our Lord than anything.

Sounds like you just described the average american
Mach_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:10 PM   #45
Is He Ill
Cowboys & Spurs

Quote:
I was actually reading study that close 60% of all Atheists suffer from a mental disorder. Such as depression, bi-polar disorder, etc.

Talking to/asking for things from an invisible entity isn't a mental disorder? Particularly since the supposed entity already has a plan, which makes it even more puzzling.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: