Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-01-2013, 07:45 PM   #46
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: So my views on religion have changed a tad bit...

I don't understand the point about being so passionate about something you DON'T believe in.

I know I'm certainly not going to go to a "Dragon's don't exist" 'club.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:00 PM   #47
Is He Ill
Cowboys & Spurs

Is He Ill is considered somewhat coolIs He Ill is considered somewhat coolIs He Ill is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
I don't understand the point about being so passionate about something you DON'T believe in.

Pretty much, it doesn't really serve a purpose imo.
Is He Ill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:02 PM   #48
Balla_Status

Balla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected poster

I remember taking a flyer on these guys back when I was a freshman but it seemed like a douchey club. I then went to the young aggie democrats club and thought the same thing as well.

I'd join a different club. Join a service organization or an organization that allows you to do something that is way cheaper if you were to do it after college (triathlon, sailing, flight school etc.). Professional organizations are sweet too.
Balla_Status is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:03 PM   #49
Balla_Status

Balla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:

Agreed. I don't really swing either way. I just go on about my day.
Balla_Status is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:03 PM   #50
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

If God doesn't exist already, we're going to build him eventually.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:13 PM   #51
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

The Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
Many atheists are just atheists to disprove religion...they are not atheists because they truly believe the big bang happened all on it's own somehow, but because they just want to point their finger at the Bible and say "look, that's impossible!...I figured it out on my own, look how smart I am!"...which also ignores the large % of Christians that don't take the Bible as literal. Then they will claim that religion is the source of all the world's problems (no, man is to blame, not religion) right after celebrating Christmas in all it's glory.

There are very few atheists that are actually in it because they have a faith of no God existing or other planes/dimensions of any kind...all they know is that the Bible is wrong, and science is awesome.

It's just that those assholes are the loudest atheists. Most atheists you wouldn't know unless you happened to ask them.

I don't believe in god but there could be other dimensions and shit. I just don't believe my consciousness will ever be going to any of them.

Science is awesome.
The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:30 PM   #52
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

I agree. I am an atheist but I wouldn't go to an atheist meeting.

I would go to a meeting that addresses concerns with the encroachment of religious values on secular society. But that would be more of a secularist meeting than a religious one. I am passionate about that though.
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:39 PM   #53
ace23

ace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

That is called "growing up", OP.
ace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:24 PM   #54
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

JEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Lolololololoolol at middle easterns not knowing anything about civilization.

Sumerian check
Babylon check
Major participant in retaining Hellenistic culture check
Marriage and family still viable options check
Avg sand nikka having decent global knowledge check

Btw good on u d rose. The atheists here at ISH are generally respectful an assset to himsn progresss and true seekers of truth. Can't say the same for the ones at reddit

Last edited by JEFFERSON MONEY : 02-01-2013 at 09:28 PM.
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:19 AM   #55
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

D-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Took awhile for me to reply to this...

but I guess the reason I went to the club is that in the area there's a hyper-Christian community and I thought it'd be aight to meet with some people that weren't that way, or had constructive dialogue about it. I'll say for the most part, the people are nice and respectful but I can tell most of them think they're better than believers and more intellectual as well.
D-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:29 AM   #56
SilkkTheShocker
RAY ALLEN FOR 3..BANG!

SilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace23
That is called "growing up", OP.

This. He is beginning to see the error of his ways. Definitely a start in the right direction.
SilkkTheShocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:30 AM   #57
nathanjizzle
OG

nathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsnathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsnathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsnathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsnathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsnathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts

people that try to push there beliefs are extremists, whether there religious or atheist its a bad thing.

who ever planned this debate between atheists and Christians in a room should be expelled from any further organized or even planning.
nathanjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:39 AM   #58
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

D-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
people that try to push there beliefs are extremists, whether there religious or atheist its a bad thing.

who ever planned this debate between atheists and Christians in a room should be expelled from any further organized or even planning.
I completely agree that people should have the right to believe what ever they want.

It's more of a discussion than a debate. There was a lot of healthy stuff that I saw coming out of that like understanding, but there was always the debate interjecting as welll.
D-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:11 AM   #59
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanjizzle

We are inquisitive beings. We all search for answers in the physical, intellectual, emotional and spiritual realm. None of us really knows the answers. When one becomes so absolutely certain of their beliefs that they attack others then they have become extremist, and extremists fukc it up for everybody.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:34 AM   #60
Blue&Orange
NBA lottery pick

Blue&Orange is a pretty well-respected posterBlue&Orange is a pretty well-respected posterBlue&Orange is a pretty well-respected posterBlue&Orange is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
I was actually reading study that close 60% of all Atheists suffer from a mental disorder. Such as depression, bi-polar disorder, etc.
It's Albert Einstein, Isaac Newton, Nietzsche, basically anyone that matters in the history of mankind, part of that list? lol

Low IQ people are prone to be sheeps, mindless worshipers, either from some imaginary being or Lebron, seeing how you do nothing but distill ignorance, and suck Lebron **** every time possible, it's not surprising you found religion.
Blue&Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: