Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Philadelphia 76ers Forum

Philadelphia 76ers Forum Philadelphia 76ers forum - 76ers message board - Sixers fan forum

Old 06-26-2006, 06:13 PM   #1
phillystrong
Can barely lace up my sneakers

phillystrong has an OK reputation so far
Default The time is now to trade A.I.!

A.I. is 31 years old, he has shown last season that he is capabile of being a team player with 28ppg, 7 1/2 assists. I think that last seasons stats makes him more of a value then say 3 years or so ago. You can get some good players for him now. Evenually A.I.'s game won't put butts in seats and teams in the playoffs. Philly needs to act now!
phillystrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 06:19 PM   #2
ppierce34
High school junior varsity star

ppierce34 has an OK reputation so far

Well I don't think the stats make that big of a difference and you didn't even get them right at that, he averaged 33 points a game. A 28 year old AI coming off a 30 and 9 showing against the Pistons had some pretty damn high value.
ppierce34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 06:30 PM   #3
phillystrong

I guess stats don't mean anything but place value on a person. If stats didn't mean anything why do they keep them. And A.I. is 31 not 28, or do you forget that it is 2006 and A.I. was born in 75. You were right he averaged 33.3 ppg. that was my fault. And I'm not trying to down play his skills, I thing he's still one of or not the most explosive and entertaining players in the game. But at the sametime I don't think its wise of the sixers to miss the opportunity of getting prime players for him now.
Old 06-26-2006, 06:35 PM   #4
ppierce34

I don't think the fact that trading Iverson now has anything to do with his stats or his current skill level. I think he'll be fine the next 3 years of his deal. The reason to trade him now would be because the management doesn't have the money or players to build a contending team around him. They tried bringing in another star in Webber to help, but in the process killed any depth they had and hurt the team defensively and then in the past offseason they killed the depth and defense even more by not wanting to go over the luxury tax.

And I know how old AI was, I was referring to you saying he has more value than 3 years ago. 3 years ago he was coming off a dominant series against the Pistons and was 28.
Old 06-26-2006, 06:48 PM   #5
phillystrong

No I agree with you in that Philly doesn't have a good surrounding cast for A.I. or means to get one. I'm saying that we trade him now because his stock is high because of his game. You have to admit he has always been a dominate player but just this year he showed that he has the ability to be dominate and give others the opportunity to be play makers themselves. Thats where the stats came in. His 7.4 assists where outstanding in that he has never done that before. Because of that I believe Philly can get more value in a trade then say two years from now when he's 33. You may not agree but He is going to produce more value now then later.
Old 06-26-2006, 07:29 PM   #6
ppierce34

Of course although he proved he could involve the team last year as well, he actually dished out more assists last season than this season.
Old 06-27-2006, 02:14 PM   #7
phillystrong

so based on what your saying if philly can find a group of guys that can support A.I. then we should keep him for the remainder of his contract.
Old 06-27-2006, 02:37 PM   #8
ppierce34

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillystrong
so based on what your saying if philly can find a group of guys that can support A.I. then we should keep him for the remainder of his contract.

If is the key word. Problem is they can't, especially not with Billy King as the GM.
Old 06-27-2006, 03:40 PM   #9
Randy450

Randy450 has an OK reputation so far

Iverson is not the problem the sixers have. Webber is way overpaid. He is a horrible player. All he can do is shoot 15 footers. His defense is terrible. The sixers would have far less problems if they never got webber.
I am not saying a trade would be terrible, but iverson is not the problem. The sixers will not win until they get rid of webber.
Randy450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 04:01 PM   #10
WilliamPhiladelphiaSmith

Default asdf

Will you please shut the FUUUCK up troll.

ENough of the AI trade rumors, this is getting ridiculous.

He'z not a cancer at all.

We need bigmen, an athletic SF, and Iguodala to be biitchslapped and to take on a more offensive role. A Pg too.
Old 06-27-2006, 04:07 PM   #11
Randy450

Randy450 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamPhiladelphiaSmith

We need bigmen, an athletic SF, and Iguodala to be biitchslapped and to take on a more offensive role. A Pg too.

i agree completely
Randy450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 04:16 PM   #12
phillystrong

No one accused A.I. of being a cancer. But the truth be told they showed a few times they could post some wins without A.I. And A.I. is not Steve Nash in that he has not shown that he can be dominate and bring out the best in the others around him at the same time. I'm cool with keeping A.I. he's a great player, but at the same time if you are serious about making a change in Philly it starts with A.I. and Webber. Just my opinion.
Old 06-27-2006, 04:16 PM   #13
phillystrong

No one accused A.I. of being a cancer. But the truth be told they showed a few times they could post some wins without A.I. And A.I. is not Steve Nash in that he has not shown that he can be dominate and bring out the best in the others around him at the same time. I'm cool with keeping A.I. he's a great player, but at the same time if you are serious about making a change in Philly it starts with A.I. and Webber. Just my opinion.[/quote]
Old 06-27-2006, 06:28 PM   #14
ppierce34

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillystrong
No one accused A.I. of being a cancer. But the truth be told they showed a few times they could post some wins without A.I. And A.I. is not Steve Nash in that he has not shown that he can be dominate and bring out the best in the others around him at the same time. I'm cool with keeping A.I. he's a great player, but at the same time if you are serious about making a change in Philly it starts with A.I. and Webber. Just my opinion.

You shouldn't be comparing Iverson and Steve Nash in the first place, they are entirely different players in entirely different roles on their team. When was the last time Steve Nash didn't play on a team that was loaded with offensive talent? Nash doesn't have to play the role of distrubutor and main scoring option. And Iverson has proved that he can get his offensively and keep others playing well. Name me a player that has fallen off coming to Philly or exploded upon leaving?
Old 06-28-2006, 10:16 AM   #15
phillystrong

How about Raja Bell or Stackhouse, both played major roles in their teams going as far as they did. Hughes in Cleveland. Thomas in Phx. Maybe they are not superstars but they play great role players. McKie and Snow, they both helped their teams when it mattered most. Why couldn't they do it in philly? Simple answer
A.I. is the go to man, instead of the go through man like Nash. Give me Nash, McKie, Bell, Stack anyday. These guys know how to play TEAM ball. And I'm not bashing A.I. he's great. My opinion is that he would make more of an impact if he got others involved like Nash or Arenas.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: