Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Philadelphia 76ers Forum

Philadelphia 76ers Forum Philadelphia 76ers forum - 76ers message board - Sixers fan forum

Old 06-28-2006, 02:25 PM   #16
mln03
I airball my layups

mln03 has an OK reputation so far

maybe the FO should not have gotten rid of them (Bell/Stack/Hughes) so soon and watch them blossom elsewhere. That's not AI's fault that they were relatively inexperienced when they were in Philly.

Has AI ever had anyone even remotely close to amare/marion combo on his squad to play with? Ever? I like Nash, but his job is not that difficult with those guys running the floor making themselves available for plays. You've never seen AI play that role because there's no other threats on his squad.
mln03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 02:42 PM   #17
ppierce34
High school junior varsity star

ppierce34 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
How about Raja Bell or Stackhouse, both played major roles in their teams going as far as they did.

Stackhouse played a season and a half with AI and scored fine, did you think he wasn't gonna improve over his career? And how many times has Stack been traded now. No one thought Raja Bell was going to develop into a starter, it took time and hard work. Give me a break.

Quote:
Hughes in Cleveland.

Hughes in Cleveland, Hughes was actually better in Washington if you wanted to have a good argument. Even still his production per time he was in the court is the same as when he was a young player in Philly. You wanna know why he is gone. Go find Larry Brown.

Quote:
Thomas in Phx

So you want to ignore the rest of Thomas' disappointing career and ignore that he's also in his contract year?

Quote:
Maybe they are not superstars but they play great role players. McKie and Snow, they both helped their teams when it mattered most. Why couldn't they do it in philly? Simple answer

Snow and McKie both thrived playing next to Iverson, that's not a good point.

Quote:
A.I. is the go to man, instead of the go through man like Nash. Give me Nash, McKie, Bell, Stack anyday. These guys know how to play TEAM ball. And I'm not bashing A.I. he's great. My opinion is that he would make more of an impact if he got others involved like Nash or Arenas.

He shouldn't be the go-through man. He's not Steve Nash and hasn't played with the caliber of players Nash has. I'd love to hear that you truly thought Raja Bell would be the player he is right now when Philly had him. And Stack knows how to play team ball, it just took a number of years and him becoming a sixth man. And Arenas gets people involved more than AI? Are you high?
ppierce34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 05:35 PM   #18
23jordan23
Great young streetballer

23jordan23 has an OK reputation so far

Fact Iverson is still top 10 in the leauge ...sure his stock dropped...is this becuase he may of became a team player???ever thought about that hes not mentioned with the kobes no more cuz he toned down his game? A next thing to the Iverson haters...The team in philly sucks point blank ..and iverson is not a Point guard hes a 2 guard he took philly to the finals as a 2 guard ..I hope he leaves philly cuz most of u people in philly r ungreatful ..hes the face of philly ball and cuz ur teams shyt ur pointing the finger at him ..when u brought in 2 ****ty coaches and ****ty players to compliment iverson lolol dont make me laugh..
23jordan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: