Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-31-2013, 01:00 PM   #1
highwhey
el vato encabronado

highwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default how do I make physics my b*tch?

taking first year calculus based physics(classical mechanics). scared sh*tless, every chapter is mindrape. yeah, i can remember the formulas, i take notes, i reead every chapter but this class isn't plug n play, every question is a darn puzzle.

i have first exam this monday and am very afraid. i've never felt so incompetent in my life. so how do i dominate this class? i wona beast like micheal beasly against gasol last night.

how??
highwhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:04 PM   #2
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: how do I make physics my b*tch?

If you’ve already successfully got that bitch to fall in love with you and she knows that you’re a pimp and she respects your word and is willing to do what ever it takes to make you happy, it’s pretty much a wrap at this point. A big part of being a pimp is knowing when to pull back from a bitch. See, what you’re doing as a pimp is providing a need and becoming a rock for your bitches, once they get a taste of that they’re going to become addicted to it. If you want to manipulate your bitches properly you need to know how to give that to them and take it away selectively. If you give a bitch a taste of what she craves then take it away, she will do anything to get it back and that’s the mind frame you want a bitch to be in. You want her willing to do whatever it takes to be close to you and be on your good side.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:12 PM   #3
highwhey
el vato encabronado

highwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
If youíve already successfully got that bitch to fall in love with you and she knows that youíre a pimp and she respects your word and is willing to do what ever it takes to make you happy, itís pretty much a wrap at this point. A big part of being a pimp is knowing when to pull back from a bitch. See, what youíre doing as a pimp is providing a need and becoming a rock for your bitches, once they get a taste of that theyíre going to become addicted to it. If you want to manipulate your bitches properly you need to know how to give that to them and take it away selectively. If you give a bitch a taste of what she craves then take it away, she will do anything to get it back and thatís the mind frame you want a bitch to be in. You want her willing to do whatever it takes to be close to you and be on your good side.

thanks for the laugh zen, i needed a lift for my spirits. good advice tho.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:18 PM   #4
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwhey

thanks for the laugh zen, i needed a lift for my spirits. good advice tho.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:27 PM   #5
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Draw that bitch Paris on its wall
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:27 PM   #6
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
Draw that bitch Paris on its wall
Old 01-31-2013, 01:46 PM   #7
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

lol I thought you wanted to get into Parkour or some other extreme sport from the title
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:15 PM   #8
blablabla

blablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Just like maths its a matter of practice
Physics used to be my main bitch but i have other bitches now
blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:19 PM   #9
DukeDelonte13
NBA sixth man of the year

DukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation here

practice. Just knowing the formulas isn't gonna do you any good. You have to practice solving the formulas, and you gotta be honest with yourself. Don't convince yourself you really know something when you really don't. You should be practicing your ass off from now until your exam.
DukeDelonte13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:31 PM   #10
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Are you taking physics for non majors?(or something along those lines)

Maybe use Khan Academy? It helped me with my math courses last year
https://www.khanacademy.org/science/physics
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:44 PM   #11
highwhey
el vato encabronado

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
practice. Just knowing the formulas isn't gonna do you any good. You have to practice solving the formulas, and you gotta be honest with yourself. Don't convince yourself you really know something when you really don't. You should be practicing your ass off from now until your exam.
I've been practicing but it mostly results in wasted time. I'm going to the tutoring center tomorrow, hopefully I can at least pass my exam.

And I signed up for cal 2.

I don't wona be a little btch about it but has anyone here done well in a similar major? (Someone who also lacked the apparent analytical problem solving skills/intuition required)
Old 01-31-2013, 05:47 PM   #12
highwhey
el vato encabronado

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
Are you taking physics for non majors?(or something along those lines)

Maybe use Khan Academy? It helped me with my math courses last year
https://www.khanacademy.org/science/physics
Started checking out some of their videos thanks. Prof told us not to rely on videos though, since we should be trying to grasp the concepts ourselves
Old 01-31-2013, 06:51 PM   #13
Batz
Shit just got serious

Batz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwhey
Started checking out some of their videos thanks. Prof told us not to rely on videos though, since we should be trying to grasp the concepts ourselves
He's right on the grasping part, but videos help from time to time, especially when you're stuck. My brother is majoring in Physics, he's one of those "really gifted" ones in a unique university program. Thing is, growing up, he was nothing special - especially in the math department. I ask him all the time, "The fuck is your secret? Do you have a master switch or something?"

He tells me that shit just makes sense, that it's really 'simple'. I give him a dull stare, he goes back to owning the shit out of his Advanced Physics and Mathematics courses (the guy doesn't even go to his classes?!?). All I can really say is, practice does make perfect. My brother has a work ethic of legends. It's unfathomable what this guy accomplishes on pure will-power alone on a daily basis. This is the type of work ethic guys who swallow ADHD medication try to achieve.

So want to make physics your bitch? Work. Anytime - all the time. Good luck.
Batz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:04 PM   #14
BuGzBuNNy

BuGzBuNNy has a near all-star reputation hereBuGzBuNNy has a near all-star reputation hereBuGzBuNNy has a near all-star reputation hereBuGzBuNNy has a near all-star reputation hereBuGzBuNNy has a near all-star reputation hereBuGzBuNNy has a near all-star reputation here

http://www.khanacademy.org/science/physics

Lot of good tutorials. Used this site for calculus help, never watched the physics vids but I'm sure they're just as good

already posted

Last edited by BuGzBuNNy : 01-31-2013 at 07:06 PM.
BuGzBuNNy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:45 PM   #15
Balla_Status

Balla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected poster

I was right there with you 6 years ago buddy. I somehow got an A on my first physics exam (I even made a thread on it I was so happy). But I got a C/D on the next two and ended up getting a C in the class. I was fine with that. I knew from then on that I had to work my butt off just to get by in a class.

The only thing I can say is you gotta work at it. If your book has a study guide. Use it. If your book has practice problems/examples during the chapter, go through them.

Send an e-mail to your TA asking if he/she has any tutoring time open. I hope he/she speaks english well. Are there tutoring places outside campus? If you can afford it, go to them.

From my experience, the first physics test is really easy. It's all just distance, velocity (1st derivative) and acceleration (2nd derivative). After that, you add friction, newton's law, kinetic energy, potential energy, it can get a little difficult.

My professor didn't use numbers for his tests. All his problems were symbols so you really had to know your shit.

Just wait for physics II...electricty, magnetism and optics. I'd take that at a community college if I was you.

Oh and to answer your question, you will never make physics your bitch. But it will be nice enough to you to let it pass if you work at it.
Balla_Status is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: