Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2013, 07:24 PM   #16
Mach_3
Local High School Star
 
Mach_3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,384
Mach_3 has decent reputationMach_3 has decent reputation
Default Re: Newtown sides with the NRA, votes to put armed guard in schools

Quote:
Originally Posted by Is He Ill
Then we shall arm the children. Problem solved. +Blame the whole thing on video games.



Mach_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:25 PM   #17
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year
 
miller-time's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 7,992
miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Newtown sides with the NRA, votes to put armed guard in schools

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
... Until one of these guys goes bonkers and shoots some kids.

Doesn't even need to go bonkers. Just a false alarm could set them off. Which is even worse really.
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:26 PM   #18
FreezingTsmoove
#H3AT nation,GangGreen
 
FreezingTsmoove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,650
FreezingTsmoove posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryFreezingTsmoove posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default Re: Newtown sides with the NRA, votes to put armed guard in schools

These kids aren't dumb I wouldn't be surprised if the next school shooting (god forbid) starts with the armed officer getting killed
FreezingTsmoove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:30 PM   #19
bmulls
Great college starter
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 3,678
bmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Newtown sides with the NRA, votes to put armed guard in schools

And by the way, this already happens in thousands and thousands of schools around the country. Every school I went to through high school had an armed police officer.
bmulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:33 PM   #20
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!
 
ProfessorMurder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: In the year 2525
Posts: 25,873
ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Newtown sides with the NRA, votes to put armed guard in schools

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmulls
What are you trying to say? The violent crime rate in the UK is higher than the US. They've also got zones where police refuse to patrol because Muslim immigrants have taken over and instituted Sharia law.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#axzz2JhF9Y1b2

http://frontpagemag.com/2011/stephen...ones-sweep-uk/

Great statistics from the late 90s! Plus the second article says police are investigating the Sharia Law stuff. Good job posting terrible articles that don't prove a point.
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:38 PM   #21
bmulls
Great college starter
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 3,678
bmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Newtown sides with the NRA, votes to put armed guard in schools

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
Great statistics from the late 90s! Plus the second article says police are investigating the Sharia Law stuff. Good job posting terrible articles that don't prove a point.

You're such a phagg0t

Here's come current stats for you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsHRnlXCbcQ

The point remains. The violent crime rate is much higher in the UK than in the US. You were wrong, shut up.
bmulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:55 PM   #22
Balla_Status
______________________
 
Balla_Status's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 4,802
Balla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Newtown sides with the NRA, votes to put armed guard in schools

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
Great statistics from the late 90s! Plus the second article says police are investigating the Sharia Law stuff. Good job posting terrible articles that don't prove a point.

Yeah, since you're baseless "what-if" scenarios are really compelling.
Balla_Status is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:56 PM   #23
Balla_Status
______________________
 
Balla_Status's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 4,802
Balla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Newtown sides with the NRA, votes to put armed guard in schools

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller-time
Police officers are out there to stop a multitude of different crimes, from violence to theft to automotive.

This is a band aid solution and it solves nothing.

Shootings are made in gun-free zones for a reason. Less resistance.

Let me know what weapons cops bring to defend a shooting. Thanks.

MY middle school had an armed police officer. My HS had two to three.

Last edited by Balla_Status : 02-01-2013 at 08:03 PM.
Balla_Status is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:01 PM   #24
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 8,341
Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Newtown sides with the NRA, votes to put armed guard in schools

There was an armed police officer on duty, on-campus the day of the Columbine shootings. I always wonder what he was doing.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:14 PM   #25
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!
 
ProfessorMurder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: In the year 2525
Posts: 25,873
ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Newtown sides with the NRA, votes to put armed guard in schools

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balla_Status
Yeah, since you're baseless "what-if" scenarios are really compelling.

It's not baseless to say that somebody with a gun could shoot someone... And at this point it's purely hypothetical that this security person will stop a crime, so you're speaking in 'what-ifs' as well.

Great job!
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:14 PM   #26
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year
 
miller-time's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 7,992
miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Newtown sides with the NRA, votes to put armed guard in schools

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balla_Status
Shootings are made in gun-free zones for a reason. Less resistance.

I don't even know what this means. Shootings are made everywhere - and by inclusivity they happen in gun-free zones too.

The reasons they happen in school isn't because there are no guards. It is because that is generally the world the offenders live in. Same with work place and university shootings.

If gun-free zones were preferable because there is less resistance then you would expect to see more people (outsiders) taking advantage of them. Instead they take place there because that is what the offenders know. And they probably have some real or imagined problem with that institution or other people in it.
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:17 PM   #27
Balla_Status
______________________
 
Balla_Status's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 4,802
Balla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Newtown sides with the NRA, votes to put armed guard in schools

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
It's not baseless to say that somebody with a gun could shoot someone... And at this point it's purely hypothetical that this security person will stop a crime, so you're speaking in 'what-ifs' as well.

Great job!

Uh, did you not read the story about an armed guard at a school disarming a student in Atlanta? And that's just one of many. So it's not a what-if since it happens on a regular basis.

Your argument is invalid.
Balla_Status is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:19 PM   #28
Balla_Status
______________________
 
Balla_Status's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 4,802
Balla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Newtown sides with the NRA, votes to put armed guard in schools

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller-time
I don't even know what this means. Shootings are made everywhere - and by inclusivity they happen in gun-free zones too.

The reasons they happen in school isn't because there are no guards. It is because that is generally the world the offenders live in. Same with work place and university shootings.

If gun-free zones were preferable because there is less resistance then you would expect to see more people (outsiders) taking advantage of them. Instead they take place there because that is what the offenders know. And they probably have some real or imagined problem with that institution or other people in it.

It's easy to understand. If there's less resistance, they can kill more people. Check out the mall shooting in Oregon where an off duty cop detered the shooter because he had a gun.

You make a good point obviously though. I just think you live in a fantasy world where guns will disappear.
Balla_Status is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:20 PM   #29
The Macho Man
Randy Savage
 
The Macho Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Head Game Al Snow
Posts: 27,830
The Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Newtown sides with the NRA, votes to put armed guard in schools

I don't have a problem with having armed guards in schools, just a shame that it may be necessary or seen as necessary.
The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:25 PM   #30
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year
 
miller-time's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 7,992
miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Newtown sides with the NRA, votes to put armed guard in schools

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balla_Status
It's easy to understand. If there's less resistance, they can kill more people. Check out the mall shooting in Oregon where an off duty cop detered the shooter because he had a gun.

I was being a little bit facetious.

Quote:
You make a good point obviously though. I just think you live in a fantasy world where guns will disappear.

I don't live in that world. I don't think guns should disappear nor do I think it is possible. But reforms and changes in cultural attitudes should decrease both the number of guns and peoples desire to own one. It is a long wrong, but steps should be made in that direction.
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:29 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy