Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2013, 09:27 PM   #31
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year
 
miller-time's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 7,992
Default Re: Newtown sides with the NRA, votes to put armed guard in schools

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Macho Man
I don't have a problem with having armed guards in schools, just a shame that it may be necessary or seen as necessary.

If you think it is a shame, then you have a problem with it? It shouldn't be necessary and if it has gotten to the point where it is then you should want to fix the problem at the source - not have armed guards roaming around the place.
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:29 PM   #32
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!
 
ProfessorMurder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: In the year 2525
Posts: 28,946
Default Re: Newtown sides with the NRA, votes to put armed guard in schools

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmulls
You're such a phagg0t

Here's come current stats for you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsHRnlXCbcQ

The point remains. The violent crime rate is much higher in the UK than in the US. You were wrong, shut up.

How was I wrong for jokingly saying UK was anarchic?

The UK has less murders, less gun violence, and less suicides than the States. They banned guns, we haven't. They're not a broken country, and neither are we. Both have pluses and minuses in different crimes.
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:29 PM   #33
DMV2
NBA Stats Watcher
 
DMV2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 10,435
Default Re: Newtown sides with the NRA, votes to put armed guard in schools

Legalize prostitution is the answer to this problem.

Sex cures everything!
DMV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:30 PM   #34
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!
 
ProfessorMurder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: In the year 2525
Posts: 28,946
Default Re: Newtown sides with the NRA, votes to put armed guard in schools

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balla_Status
Uh, did you not read the story about an armed guard at a school disarming a student in Atlanta? And that's just one of many. So it's not a what-if since it happens on a regular basis.

Your argument is invalid.

Uh, did you not read all the stories about people shooting each other around the world? So it's not a 'what-if' that someone can shoot someone with a gun.

Your argument is invalid.
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:36 PM   #35
reppy
Apparently likes anime
 
reppy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,174
Default Re: Newtown sides with the NRA, votes to put armed guard in schools

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmulls
What are you trying to say? The violent crime rate in the UK is higher than the US. They've also got zones where police refuse to patrol because Muslim immigrants have taken over and instituted Sharia law.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#axzz2JhF9Y1b2

http://frontpagemag.com/2011/stephen...ones-sweep-uk/

So, what you're saying is that you want these Sharia patrol guys to have guns..?
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:38 PM   #36
daily
I rattle in 5-footers
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,300
Default Re: Newtown sides with the NRA, votes to put armed guard in schools

Virgina Tech had it's own SWAT team to go along with it's own police force. Columbine had two armed security officers. Let's not pretend armed guards are going to be the ultimate deterrent. It's a good tool to have but it needs to go along with gun reforms
daily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:40 PM   #37
Balla_Status
______________________
 
Balla_Status's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 4,911
Default Re: Newtown sides with the NRA, votes to put armed guard in schools

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
Uh, did you not read all the stories about people shooting each other around the world? So it's not a 'what-if' that someone can shoot someone with a gun.

Your argument is invalid.

How many of them were armed guards and/or CHL/CCW holders? That's where your argument holds no weight.
Balla_Status is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:40 PM   #38
daily
I rattle in 5-footers
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,300
Default Re: Newtown sides with the NRA, votes to put armed guard in schools

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMV2
Legalize prostitution is the answer to this problem.

Sex cures everything!
except STDs
daily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:52 PM   #39
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!
 
ProfessorMurder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: In the year 2525
Posts: 28,946
Default Re: Newtown sides with the NRA, votes to put armed guard in schools

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balla_Status
How many of them were armed guards and/or CHL/CCW holders? That's where your argument holds no weight.

I wasn't making an argument you nut. You attacked me and acted like I was fighting some battle because I said an armed guard could shoot someone. I said nothing about banning guns, you're just so obsessed that you think anything someone says that isn't 'give everyone guns' means they're against you.

Oh and there's been 499 murders by concealed weapon carriers in the past 5.5 years, 23 of which were mass shootings.
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 04:42 PM   #40
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom
 
boozehound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 24,433
Default Re: Newtown sides with the NRA, votes to put armed guard in schools

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhornfan1234
Quote:

The nation continues to confront the concept of "good guys with guns" in schools, armed guards are coming in force to Newtown, Connecticut. Late Thursday the Newtown Board of Education voted to request the presence of two kinds of guards inside the town's elementary schools.

The people have spoken.

http://news.yahoo.com/newtown-votes-...152326609.html
You do realize that one of obama's measures is to increase the number of armed guards (and providing funding for it, one thing the NRA has glossed over) at schools?
Try and get some facts straight, at least once. This isnt an NRA thing.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...school-guards/
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:50 PM   #41
MJ23forever
High School Varsity 6th Man
 
MJ23forever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 754
Default Re: Newtown sides with the NRA, votes to put armed guard in schools

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket_Nakedz
a school shooting happens, and the only solution to prevent future occurrences, is to put guns in school...





MJ23forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:57 PM   #42
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year
 
miller-time's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 7,992
Default Re: Newtown sides with the NRA, votes to put armed guard in schools

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ23forever

False equivocation.
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:18 PM   #43
nathanjizzle
life is exasperating
 
nathanjizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 8,659
Default Re: Newtown sides with the NRA, votes to put armed guard in schools

really no need to spend tax money on armed gaurds because of one incident. if you were a good principle, you would take it upon yourself to protect your employees and your students, just like any business owner would protect his business and employees.
nathanjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:37 AM   #44
kNicKz
College superstar
 
kNicKz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4,996
Default Re: Newtown sides with the NRA, votes to put armed guard in schools

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller-time

This is a band aid solution and it solves nothing.

Banning "assault weapons" with scary stocks isn't
kNicKz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:38 AM   #45
ClutchOver9000
#Knickstape
 
ClutchOver9000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,874
Default Re: Newtown sides with the NRA, votes to put armed guard in schools

Quote:
Originally Posted by Is He Ill
Then we shall arm the children. Problem solved.

ClutchOver9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:21 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy