Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 02-24-2013, 10:11 AM   #1
Scholar
Gawdbe GOATsol Nashty

Scholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default The Iffy Future of the Gaming World

I've been hearing some good things and a lot of bad things about future game consoles and video games in general.

Among the good things are merely my favorite game titles extending into the future, such as Assassin's Creed.

The bad things, or better yet TERRIBLE things, are these rumors that games can only be purchased once, which means two things:
- No more used games
- If you buy a $60 game and somehow, someway your PS4 or XBox 720 (or w/e else will be out there) burns out, you're going to have to purchase that game again.

That terrifies me as a gamer because I'm not someone swimming in cash. I usually buy games used to avoid paying $60+. If I have to fork over $60 for a game because the used market isn't kicking in for it at a good enough pace, I wait a LOOOOOOOONG time to do it, checking reviews and videos of game play to see if the game is even worth my dough.

Another thing that I've been hearing is that Sony and Microsoft might make it so that you can only DOWNLOAD games through their respective video game markets. That sounds like b.s. to me, too, seeing as download times may be slow even a few years from now, so a game could take 2+ hours to download like it does today.

Lastly, among all the terrible rumors I've heard, one that's been floating around and been said constantly is that future gaming consoles will only allow you to play games online. So if you don't have an internet connection, you're out of luck. I don't know if I believe this one too much, but it sounds plausible.

Maybe these are small complaints/unrealistic thoughts to some of you guys, but this is something I've been worried about. I'm not losing sleep over any of it, but when I speak to my gamer friends, we do ponder how different the gaming world might be.

One last thing: I bought a brand new PS3 last weekend. I'd been running with the first gen PS3 since 2007, so it was time to upgrade. This new PS3 is retarded, though. Sure, it's slimmer, but it has a sliding top to insert games. That seems like a step back in technological advancements to me. My big, clunky 2007 PS3 seemed more futuristic than this shit because of the cool insert in the front. Now I can't even stand up the new PS3 to make room for other things when I'm playing.
Scholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:33 AM   #2
Rose
Moon Wizard

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: The Iffy Future of the Gaming World

No more used games probably won't happen, mostly because they've already gotten their money once.

The download thing is possible but I doubt it. Simply because that's a huge strain on their servers. And we all know sony's aren't the best. and M$ go out sometimes as well.

Then, even if any of those things happen you think people won't find a way to connect the ps4/720 controller to a pc, and become a pc gamer and just pirate the shit out of that stuff?
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:33 AM   #3
embersyc
Lurker

embersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputation

From Sony's little presentation back on the 20th, I'd say they are trying to duplicate something like Steam, but on the console. So I wouldn't worry about rebuying a game, it sounds like once you buy a game it will be linked to your user ID and you will always have it.

Personally the only thing that worries me about gaming's future is that games are not profitable anymore. It leads to free to play games which require you to spend money to be any good, or companies reskinning/rereleasing the same game every year.
embersyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:11 PM   #4
eriX
High School Starter

eriX has decent reputation

no such problem with PC

although PC gaming will be on a continuous decline as long as console gaming thrives on 12 year olds buying their games and continue to buy every CoD that comes out.
eriX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:01 PM   #5
Mr. I'm So Rad
So What If It Is

Mr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose
No more used games probably won't happen, mostly because they've already gotten their money once.

The download thing is possible but I doubt it. Simply because that's a huge strain on their servers. And we all know sony's aren't the best. and M$ go out sometimes as well.

Then, even if any of those things happen you think people won't find a way to connect the ps4/720 controller to a pc, and become a pc gamer and just pirate the shit out of that stuff?

Bingo
Mr. I'm So Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:43 PM   #6
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

The Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Everyones going to be connected to the internet at all times soon enough.
The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:33 PM   #7
Mr. I'm So Rad
So What If It Is

Mr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Macho Man
Everyones going to be connected to the internet at all times soon enough.

If Cincinnati Bell starts taking foodstamps as payment I will.
Mr. I'm So Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: