Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-17-2013, 01:21 PM   #1
CanYouDigIt
Banned

CanYouDigIt has one of the lowest reputations on this boardCanYouDigIt has one of the lowest reputations on this boardCanYouDigIt has one of the lowest reputations on this boardCanYouDigIt has one of the lowest reputations on this boardCanYouDigIt has one of the lowest reputations on this boardCanYouDigIt has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default What is Kobe's trade stock?

Could LA pick up some lottery picks and young players for him?
CanYouDigIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 01:28 PM   #2
scm5
Good college starter

scm5 has decent reputation
Default Re: What is Kobe's trade stock?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanYouDigIt
Could LA pick up some lottery picks and young players for him?

Maybe last season before the injury. He's such a huge question mark right now that almost no team would be willing to gamble on it. I realize he's Kobe and I have the utmost confidence in him coming back and playing at at least an all-star level, but he did just blow his achilles.

Also, as far as lottery picks go, maybe not. Teams that have lottery picks aren't contenders, and unless you're a contender, you don't want Kobe at this point in his career. You can't build around a 35 year old player.
scm5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 01:29 PM   #3
SilkkTheShocker
RAY ALLEN FOR 3..BANG!

SilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Kobe for Joe Johnson and Reggie Evans seems fair for both sides.
SilkkTheShocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 01:47 PM   #4
poido123
Cameron Bairstow!!

poido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Kobe will likely retire a Laker in the end.

Whether his actual play is worth the contract he is on or the next one he gets, the revenue and popularity he generates make him worth more than any contract he could get paid.

Unless he demands a trade, I can't see him leaving.
poido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 01:52 PM   #5
strike first
Great young streetballer

strike first has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by poido123
Kobe will likely retire a Laker in the end.

Whether his actual play is worth the contract he is on or the next one he gets, the revenue and popularity he generates make him worth more than any contract he could get paid.

Unless he demands a trade, I can't see him leaving.

what does that have to do with the thread?

The questions is what is his trade stock
strike first is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 02:02 PM   #6
Haymaker
College superstar

Haymaker is a pretty well-respected posterHaymaker is a pretty well-respected posterHaymaker is a pretty well-respected poster

Knowing the Lakers, they will look to get Kobe's worth and a a little more. So I'd say they try to get Westbrook and Ibaka for Kobe. I know Kobe is better than Westbrook, but the age is a factor and right now Westbrook is more valuable as a long term asset. Lakers could take Perkins' contract off OKC to make the contracts match I think.
Haymaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 02:06 PM   #7
I<3NBA
NBA lottery pick

I<3NBA posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryI<3NBA posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Wiggins.
I<3NBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 02:09 PM   #8
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

not much. He makes more than half a teams cap, wont play much this year, is a UFA at the end of the year, and will be a total asshole if traded to a place he doesnt like (I guess he still has the trade restriction in his contract anyways).

You could take back some other terrible contract and maybe a pick, but teams arent going to give up a ton for a guy who wont be happy and will demand the team structure around him (with no idea if hes coming back next season).
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 02:11 PM   #9
Goldrush25
Local High School Star

Goldrush25 has decent reputation

Doesn't he have a no-trade clause?
Goldrush25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 02:13 PM   #10
I<3NBA
NBA lottery pick

I<3NBA posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryI<3NBA posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldrush25
Doesn't he have a no-trade clause?
yeah, so what? this thread is not discussing the possibility of a trade but merely talking about Kobe's trade stock.
I<3NBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 02:13 PM   #11
poido123
Cameron Bairstow!!

poido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by strike first
what does that have to do with the thread?

The questions is what is his trade stock

Well his trade stock would be zero, if I'm saying he will stay with the Lakers.

So I kinda answered it, but sorry to get your knickers twisted
poido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 02:22 PM   #12
FKAri
Great college starter

FKAri is a pretty well-respected posterFKAri is a pretty well-respected posterFKAri is a pretty well-respected posterFKAri is a pretty well-respected poster

lottery picks? lmao nikka more like lottery tickets for dat old broke toy soldier ass nikka.
FKAri is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 03:33 PM   #13
kNicKz
College superstar

kNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected poster

Nobody can afford him anyway
kNicKz is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: