Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-02-2013, 05:56 PM   #16
Nash
NBA lottery pick

Nash is starting to rub some people the wrong wayNash is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: iman shumpert back ALOT earlier than d rose, why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurobum
LOL at people (not just OP, it has been asked several times) thinking an ACL reconstruction is like a Macbook RAM update or something. B-b-b-b-b-but it said 3-4 weeks!

Exactly what I was thinking. OP's question is chocking as if every injury is exactly the same and the rehab is exactly the same length.
Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:59 PM   #17
knickswin
Good college starter

knickswin is popular on this boardknickswin is popular on this boardknickswin is popular on this boardknickswin is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikay0
Shump tore both his ACL and his MCL.

The difference is, Shump is a good role player for the Knicks. Rose is the franchise player, that makes a ton more money than him.

How is this even a question?

I don't think this is the reason. I think if Rose were ready to be back, he'd be back. he's just not healed and shumpert is. I doubt Rose being the franchise player has anything to do with it.
knickswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:05 PM   #18
Pointguard
NBA rookie of the year

Pointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy77x
Shumpert had his surgery weeks before rose /thread
They waited for Rose swelling to go down. And then as Takayo said. They are more cautious with their franchise player. But Shump is already showing his old self.
Pointguard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:10 PM   #19
JellyBean
College superstar

JellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation here

I think that it boils down to who they are and their general future in the NBA. You have the former MVP in Rose and then you have Shumpert.
JellyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:37 PM   #20
tikay0
Banned

tikay0 is starting to rub some people the wrong waytikay0 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickswin
I don't think this is the reason. I think if Rose were ready to be back, he'd be back. he's just not healed and shumpert is. I doubt Rose being the franchise player has anything to do with it.

Rose is already, physically ready. He has been for the past month. It's just that they're bringing him along slow. Teammates have already been quoted saying that he looks just like MVP Rose, but even better. In terms of explosiveness, better shot, same aggressiveness.

I've been following the Rose saga like a fiend. Trust me. He's ready. The Bulls FO are being extra, extra cautious with him.

In response to the bolded part.
tikay0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:40 PM   #21
tikay0
Banned

tikay0 is starting to rub some people the wrong waytikay0 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointguard
They waited for Rose swelling to go down. And then as Takayo said. They are more cautious with their franchise player. But Shump is already showing his old self.

Exactly. From what little I've seen of Shump. He looks almost the same to me, except a little mental hurdle.

Same with Rubio against the Lakers. He looked very explosive (by Rubio's standards).
Old 02-02-2013, 07:03 PM   #22
Blue&Orange
NBA lottery pick

Blue&Orange is a pretty well-respected posterBlue&Orange is a pretty well-respected posterBlue&Orange is a pretty well-respected posterBlue&Orange is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy77x
Shumpert had his surgery weeks before rose /thread
this
Blue&Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:57 PM   #23
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Shump tore both his ACL and his MCL.

The difference is, Shump is a good role player for the Knicks. Rose is the franchise player, that makes a ton more money than him.

How is this even a question?

Shump didn't tear his MCL. Rose's injury was worse.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:12 PM   #24
tikay0
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
Shump didn't tear his MCL. Rose's injury was worse.

No it wasn't. I read somewhere that Shumpert completely tore both. Rose's ACL tear was about as basic as it gets. No other tears.

Where in the Hell did you hear that it was worse? I think you got it twisted, since they waited for the healing to go down on Rose's, and to strengthen his hamstrings.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:24 PM   #25
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
No it wasn't. I read somewhere that Shumpert completely tore both. Rose's ACL tear was about as basic as it gets. No other tears.

Where in the Hell did you hear that it was worse? I think you got it twisted, since they waited for the healing to go down on Rose's, and to strengthen his hamstrings.

You have the fcking internet, you clown. Google it. Shumpert was ACL and miniscus. Rose was ACL and MCL.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:30 PM   #26
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
You have the fcking internet, you clown. Google it. Shumpert was ACL and miniscus. Rose was ACL and MCL.

Yea Meniscus isn't even serious. Nowadays the standard recovery for a Meniscus tear is about 3 weeks. I tore my MCL and it took about 8 months to heal without surgery to where now I can run and play ball again with no pain. ACL+MCL is way more serious than ACL+Meniscus as you said.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:37 PM   #27
tikay0
Banned

Quote:

Oh shit, I forgot he tore both.

Oh well, reports are that he looks even more explosive.

Love having a freak of nature as our franchise player.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:38 PM   #28
tikay0
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
Yea Meniscus isn't even serious. Nowadays the standard recovery for a Meniscus tear is about 3 weeks. I tore my MCL and it took about 8 months to heal without surgery to where now I can run and play ball again with no pain. ACL+MCL is way more serious than ACL+Meniscus as you said.

To be fair, Adrian Peterson tore both, but look at him now.

Not saying that Rose will look like AP right off the bat, but he's of a similar caliber, athletics wise.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:45 PM   #29
Blue&Orange
NBA lottery pick

Blue&Orange is a pretty well-respected posterBlue&Orange is a pretty well-respected posterBlue&Orange is a pretty well-respected posterBlue&Orange is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
To be fair, Adrian Peterson tore both, but look at him now.

Not saying that Rose will look like AP right off the bat, but he's of a similar caliber, athletics wise.
Isn't that the ped's guy? I doubt Rose goes that path.
Blue&Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:48 PM   #30
tikay0
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue&Orange
Isn't that the ped's guy? I doubt Rose goes that path.

Hopefully he did. I want my players juicing up like Canseco in his prime.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: