Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-25-2013, 03:30 AM   #1
ClutchOver9000
#Knickstape

Default Tigers = Alpha

Saw this vid and went "holy shit ". Dat acceleration/burst, dat closing speed...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KD7x0-YnchU

^^ Imagine you were the target instead of the bowl. You wouldnt even have time to shit yourself

Anyway, tigers are amazing.

ClutchOver9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:01 AM   #2
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets

Default Re: Tigers = Alpha

cute too.

my facebook profile pic is me hugging a 1 year old sumatran tiger
magic chiongson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:04 AM   #3
maybeshewill13
**** u Thabo u ****

Grizzlies are cooler.
maybeshewill13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:04 AM   #4
AngelEyes
Sentenza

Tigers are the true king, lions are weak in comparison.
AngelEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:09 AM   #5
JohnnySic
green is good

I love tigers.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:35 AM   #6
Budadiiii
Live Strong.

Lion > Tiger and it aint close
Budadiiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:47 AM   #7
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

Let me out it this way if you had to select three apex predator toughguys from the mammalian phylum they'd undoubtedly be the polar bear orca and Siberian tiger.

Second tier are the kodiaks and the lions and the Bengal Indonesian tigers .

Sib Tigers are significantly larger than lazy axe African llions and possess the tough cold solitary upbringing to sharpen their instincts.

Tell me smiths feline that cherishes a good dip in the water well besides fishing cats and ocelots
Tell me a creature so rare but so influential in do many cultures
Tell me an animal whose eye is a symbol of street hunger
Tell me an animal that can look basass with orange fur
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:52 AM   #8
nathanjizzle
life is exasperating

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY
Let me out it this way if you had to select three apex predator toughguys from the mammalian phylum they'd undoubtedly be the polar bear orca and Siberian tiger.

Sib Tigers are significantly larger than lazy axe African llions and possess the tough cold solitary upbringing to sharpen their instincts.

Tell me smiths feline that cherishes a good dip in the water well besides fishing cats and ocelots

you cant put lions ins the same category as bengal tigers, since bengal tigers can woop on lions all day. i would put bengal tigers in the top tier.
nathanjizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:05 AM   #9
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
you cant put lions ins the same category as bengal tigers, since bengal tigers can woop on lions all day. i would put bengal tigers in the top tier.

Word?

I hope so but stats make it unlikely.

488 lb Bengal Tiger whereas Lions are 350-550.

I know sibos are tougher and more athletic and can just pounce on those lazy hairy fukks all day, but never knew Bengals could as well.

Facts about Tigers:
Quote:
1. The tiger was the symbol of the Olympic Games on Seoul, South Korea, in 1988.
2. The word for a group of tigers is streak.
3. Tigers are packed with muscle so they can leap 10 yards (9 meters) or jump 15 ft. in the air (4.5 meters) to catch prey.
4. Exxon is helping keep the tigers going and use money from a tiger show they do to keep them going.
5. Once lion and tiger use to live side by side.
6. (Writers' opinions) The tiger is more the king of beasts than lion because of its strength and size.
7. One of the tigers' teeth are at least 10 times bigger than the biggest tooth in your mouth.
8. Tigers are so strong that a single tiger can pull a water buffalo more than a ton (900 km.). It takes 13 men just to move that much.
9. Even though this animal is packed with muscle, it can move so gracefully that it doesn't make a sound.
10. A big, hungry tiger can eat about 100 pounds of meat (45 km.) at one sitting. This is about 1/5 of its weight.
- http://library.thinkquest.org/6341/Facts.htm

Species
Siberian
Bengal
Indochinese
Sumatran
South China
Bali (extinct)
Caspian (Extinct)
Javan (Extinct)

Tiger testicles are believed to be one of the strongest medicines on Earth!

1. Tigers have eyes with round pupils, unlike domestic cats, which have slitted pupils. This is because domestic cats are nocturnal whereas tigers are crepuscular Ė they hunt primarily in the morning and evening.

2. Despite not being strongly adapted to the dark, tigersí night vision is about six times better than humansí.

3. Most tigers have yellow eyes, but white tigers usually have blue eyes, due to the gene for blue eyes being linked to the gene for white fur. The gene for being cross-eyed, or boss-eyed, is also linked, so many white tigers have crossed blue eyes.

4. Tigers scratch trees and use their urine to mark their territories. Their urine smells strongly of buttered popcorn.

5. Tigers can tell the age, gender, and reproductive condition of other tigers by subtleties in the smell of urine markings.

7. Tigers do not normally roar at other animals, but instead they roar to communicate with far-off tigers. A tiger about to attack will therefore not roar, but might hiss and fuff instead.

8. When several tigers are present at a kill, the males will often wait for females and cubs to eat first, unlike lions, which do the opposite. Tigers rarely argue or fight over a kill and simply wait turns.

9. The stripes on each tiger are unique, like human fingerprints.

10. The markings on a tigerís forehead closely resemble the Chinese character for king, giving tigers a cultural status as a regal animal.

14. Tigresses are fertile for a period of only four or five days throughout the entire year. During this time, they mate frequently. They are pregnant for a little over three months, and usually give birth to two or three cubs.

15. Tigers are completely blind for the first week of their life. About half do not survive to adulthood.

16. Tiger penises do not become erect when aroused. Instead, they contain a bone (called a baculum) and are covered with barbs which help maintain connection during copulation.

17. Tigers prefer to hunt large prey by ambush. If you look at a tiger, it is less likely to attack, as it has lost the element of surprise. In some locations in India, people traditionally wear a mask on the back of their head while walking through forests to prevent tigers from pouncing from behind.

18. Tigers do not normally view humans as prey, but will attack if threatened. Most cases of purposeful human predation are due to lack of a tigerís normal prey species due to habitat loss.

19. A small number of tigers develop a taste for human flesh and become man-eaters. One tigress defended her cubs against unwitting humans and subsequently began preying on humans almost exclusively. She is thought to be responsible for the deaths of 430 people.

20. Due to their instinctive ambush hunting, even man-eating tigers do not directly enter human settlements, but stay near the outskirts and attack solitary people. They tend to hunt at night when humans are less able to see them sneak up.

21. Tigers cannot purr. To show happiness, tigers squint or close their eyes. This is because losing vision lowers defense, so tigers (and many other cats) only purposefully do so when they feel comfortable and safe.

22. Tigers can sprint at over 60km/h for short distances.

23. Tigers can leap distances of over 6m, and jump up to 5m vertically. Their muscular legs are so powerful that they can remain standing even when dead.

24. Only one in ten tiger hunts are successful, so tigers typically go several days without eating before gorging themselves on over 30kg of meat after a triumphant hunt.

25. Although tigers can comfortably fast for several days, they starve more quickly than other animals due to their immense size. A tiger will starve to death in only two or three weeks, whereas humans take 30-40 days.

26. Tigers have been known to imitate the call of other animals to successfully attract prey.

27. Bears make up a part of the diet of many tigers, due to overlapping habitats. Sometimes tigers will imitate the sound of a bearís prey to lure unsuspecting bears towards them.

28. Tigers usually kill prey by strangulation or blood loss. They ambush the animal by leaping out and seizing its neck in their teeth. If a major artery is severed, the animal dies in seconds. Otherwise, the tiger hangs on as the prey thrashes, and it quickly dies of strangulation.

29. Although they favor killing using their 10cm teeth, tigers will sometimes use their paws. One swipe from a tigerís front paw is strong enough to smash a bearís skull or break its back.

30. Tigers can bite through bones with their powerful teeth and jaws. They will break the neck vertebrae of prey simply by biting straight through them.

http://listverse.com/2012/09/10/50-u...-about-tigers/
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:24 AM   #10
nathanjizzle
life is exasperating

lions just dont have the fighting instincts that tigers have.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BW8yBRHQLy4

Last edited by nathanjizzle : 01-25-2013 at 11:33 AM.
nathanjizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:19 PM   #11
Bucket_Nakedz
Buckle up

yes, i too would put the tiger beast in the same category as me.
Bucket_Nakedz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:41 PM   #12
Budadiiii
Live Strong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
lions just dont have the fighting instincts that tigers have.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BW8yBRHQLy4
**** outta here. No one knows what would happen, but I guarentee you the Lion wouldn't back down. A Tiger would try to avoid the fight at all costs. Tigers are ****ing *******.
Budadiiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:52 PM   #13
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

I wonder Grizzly vs Siberian tiger who wins.

I believe that these are the two most fearsome solo land predators on the planet. Some chinese circus or evil russian king must have had a death match at some point, wonder who won.

Wonder if a siberian tiger can take down a rhino.

I think overall though wolves are the most dangerous land predators, they roll in packs and have master plans, bears and tigers get by on athleticism.

Grizzly is like MDE Shaq

Tiger is like 3x MVP Prime Lebron

Wolves are like Pistons, 04 or Isaiah version, take your pick.
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 03:10 PM   #14
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

this shows that you have no clue what alpha male actually means. It applies to animals that live in social groups (chimps, lions, wolves). Tigers cant be alpha males, as they are solitary animals. SMFH at this dumb shit.

and, yes, tigers are incredible predators. The true king of the jungle (since lions dont live in jungles).
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 03:11 PM   #15
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY

nope. short faced bear, and probably sabre tooth cats need to be in there.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: