Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 02-02-2013, 09:36 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Some more thoughts on getting Rudy Gay

Now look at this deal from the Toronto angle: The Raptors are obliged to pay Gay $37 million over the next two seasons. Thatís ďgreat player,Ē money. Gay isnít a great NBA player. Never has been, likely never will be. So why are did the Raptors do this?

Buzz. Thatís the only thing I can figure. Toronto is the fourth-largest city in North America, and thereís plenty for a sports fan to do. The Blue Jays have made some major moves that make them an American League contender. The Maple Leafs are an almost religious experience to their core fans. And the NFL Buffalo Bills are just down the road and play one regular-season game annually in Toronto.

The Raptors were in danger of being an afterthought up there, and their general manager, Bryan Colangelo, might be running out of time. So it appears he did something bold and flashy Wednesday, grabbing Gay, who he considered drafting with the No. 1 pick in the 2006 draft.

-- Charlotte Observer
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:06 AM   #2
bluerap
Local High School Star

bluerap has decent reputation
Default Re: Some more thoughts on getting Rudy Gay

what else were we going to do with the cap space over the next 2 years?
sign hedo turkoglu? I think his free agency is pending again...

I just hope that our new gm can resign him (gay, not hedo) when he hits fa at a more reasonable salary.
bluerap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:29 PM   #3
Jballer
Local High School Star

Jballer has decent reputationJballer has decent reputation
Default Re: Some more thoughts on getting Rudy Gay

Quote:
Originally Posted by insidehoops
Now look at this deal from the Toronto angle: The Raptors are obliged to pay Gay $37 million over the next two seasons. That’s “great player,” money. Gay isn’t a great NBA player. Never has been, likely never will be. So why are did the Raptors do this?
-- Charlotte Observer

http://www.hoopsstats.com/basketball...ings/11/14/194

Say top 5 Shoorting forward all his career.... more or less...

Hmmm.... I wonder that the Charlotte Observer uses to define "great player" and great player money ???

I mean the Bobcats / Hornets have not had much going on since Larry Johnson (last century young guys).

Perhaps the Observer must use as a guage - the amount of money the alumini pay to UNC Tar Heel and Duke college players which on an after tax basis. This is probably as much as the Bobcats current roster.

I take critic of the deal - if informed - just not from the rah rah rag sheet of a semi pro NBA franchise owned by an ego maniac

Last edited by Jballer : 02-04-2013 at 12:33 PM.
Jballer is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: