Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-03-2013, 09:19 PM   #1
Money 23
Samurai Swoosh

Money 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this board
Default Iron Man 3, Super Bowl Spot, Thoughts?

The first film is an instant classic, and one of the best comic book movies ever.

The second film was messy, redundant, tongue in cheek ... and frankly stupid.

Just saw the tv spot during the Superbowl for the 3rd. What is everyone's thoughts thus far?
Money 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:23 PM   #2
RoboticWang
Larry Legend

RoboticWang has an incredible reputation hereRoboticWang has an incredible reputation hereRoboticWang has an incredible reputation hereRoboticWang has an incredible reputation hereRoboticWang has an incredible reputation hereRoboticWang has an incredible reputation hereRoboticWang has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Iron Man 3, Super Bowl Spot, Thoughts?

http://youtu.be/S9wFAtmo-14

RoboticWang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:32 PM   #3
CelticBaller
lite kobe

CelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

just want sum war machine
CelticBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:58 PM   #4
ROCSteady
~NO FATE~

ROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

what a let down. I didn't even see Mandarin in the big bad Super Bowl promo video. So lame, still excited for the movie tho.

I don't understand why Iron Man 2 gets such a bad rap. I enjoyed it. The settings and locations were badass and Mickey Rourke was a cool villain.
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:06 PM   #5
Money 23
Samurai Swoosh

Money 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCSteady
I don't understand why Iron Man 2 gets such a bad rap. I enjoyed it. The settings and locations were badass and Mickey Rourke was a cool villain.
Because the movie was totally arbitrary and made no sense. Rourke's villain was severely underused. Downey's enthralling performance in the original, becomes a caricature and annoying in the 2nd film. It was basically just a necessary step to the Avengers.
Money 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:12 PM   #6
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I hate trailers these days. For example, one of my only complaints about TDKR is that the trailer ruined some of the coolest action scenes when Bane blew up the field and isolated the city by detonating the bridges. Could have been a really cool, shocking scene but instead it was something I had seen a dozen times on TV. Still a good scene but I would have preferred a surprise.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:46 PM   #7
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCSteady

What did he do that was so cool as a villain? I don't see it. He looks cool, but his motivation was explained in about 30 seconds at the beginning, we see him take down Iron Man once on the race track in a decent scene, we watch him build and build and build for about 2 hours (might as well watch somebody play with Legos), and then we see a shitty final fight scene that was really brief between him and Iron Man/War Machine. So in summary, he did not have any interesting dialog, nothing about his character made you think, his motivation was so straight forward it was explained in about 30 seconds even though the movie is 2+ hours, and the final fight was shit; leaving us simply with how he appears and 1 decent scene on the race track.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: