Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-11-2010, 10:04 PM   #1
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Does Meek Mill appeal to mainstream hip hop?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLlaIwvhqKI

Meek has been the hottest rapper in Philly for a few years now and his popularity around here is crazy. Philly/Delaware/NJ radio play his stuff constantly. He's signed to Grand Hustle and just put out the remix to the song above with T.I. and Rick Ross.

Only question I'm asking is can his style break out of this area or is he only going to stay a local favorite? He says he has about 5 songs with T.I. right now so I'm hoping he's featured on his upcoming album.

GOBB WHERE U AT?

by the way I know this guy, he's a beast
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 10:16 PM   #2
alwaysunny
in Brooklyn

alwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Does Meek Mill appeal to mainstream hip hop?

Few years ago I would've think so, but now that today's mainstream is more pop oriented I think he's little too hardcore.
alwaysunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 10:24 PM   #3
PowerGlove
By Any Means

PowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

^^^

Translation: Philly rap is garbage.

Toronto>Philly.

That's what I think he was trying to say in a nice way.
PowerGlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 10:28 PM   #4
Styles p
NBA rookie of the year

Styles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

vinnie paz,cassidy,beans,pedi > meek
Styles p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 10:43 PM   #5
branslowski
BOW DOWN TO GREATNESS

branslowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebranslowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebranslowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebranslowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebranslowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebranslowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebranslowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebranslowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebranslowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebranslowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebranslowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I heard the guy spit over that Willy Wonka beat...Sick.

He's better than Reed, Jihad, Cyssero, exc...

Cassidy is the King of that Area though.
branslowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 11:16 PM   #6
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I dont think he does. But what he does need to go mainstream are hot singles that feature popular artists. If a hot artist featured on that single you posted? It would create a bigger buzz. Needs more exposure. Sure we know he is down with T.I but what have we seen of the two? A video appearance where people who know Meek Millz would recognize him? Meh.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 04:47 PM   #7
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerGlove
Toronto>Philly.
Philly>Cleveland, ATL, and all of Canada combined

"Ay you can catch me out in Philly on Suzukis poppin wheelies wit my ***** Meek Milly" - TI
Old 12-07-2010, 11:22 AM   #8
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Best "black and yellow" remix out

Lou Williams and DeSean Jackson in the vid!
Old 01-04-2011, 04:21 PM   #9
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Signed with Rick Ross to Maybach Music along with Wale.

Meek, Rick Ross, Wale - Play Your Part

Also they're releasing some song called Pandemonium today.

Wale on twitter:

Quote:
my ***** meek went in on this pandemonium joint

Quote:
when ****** hear #pandemonium they gonna understand about this vision for 2011 #nodaysoff
Old 01-04-2011, 04:22 PM   #10
JacobYah
Can barely lace up my sneakers

JacobYah has no real reputation yet.

He doing his thing right now. Congrats to him.
JacobYah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 04:26 PM   #11
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

You can put him in pop songs too!
Old 01-04-2011, 05:11 PM   #12
The Big Skinny
The champ is here.

The Big Skinny is considered somewhat coolThe Big Skinny is considered somewhat cool

Actually never heard of him until now and I like his stuff. That Rose Red song has a nice beat but its your standard song about a stupid subject. I like his flow and his rhymes, much better than Wiz Khalifa, who is complete garbage if you ask me.
The Big Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 05:54 PM   #13
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Skinny
Actually never heard of him until now and I like his stuff.
Old 01-04-2011, 07:05 PM   #14
The Big Skinny
The champ is here.

The Big Skinny is considered somewhat coolThe Big Skinny is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246

to be honest I didn't even care to look at him before because his name is Meek Mill. i actually thought he was like a young money ent. crony or something but I guessed wrong haha. pretty good stuff, much better than the garb on the radio..
The Big Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 01:07 PM   #15
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here

Signing with Rick Ross and Maybach Music + making of "Pandemonium" video
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: