Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-03-2013, 11:33 AM   #16
iDunkOreo
I airball my layups

iDunkOreo has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Kyrie Irving a bust?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shady6121
iDunkOreo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:37 AM   #17
noob cake
Good college starter

noob cake has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budadiiii
He's a bust based on my expectations. I expected a fiery competitor who was going to contribute to a winning culture and benefit the Cavs franchise in the long run. I was wrong about the guy. He's definitely a bust at this point.

Irving's Sophmore season: 14-34 so far

Durant's Sophmore season + Goatbrook's rookie season": 11-37 first 48 games

How come Goatbrook wasn't able to carry Durant's ass to a better record?
noob cake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:47 PM   #18
returnofthemack
Serious playground baller

returnofthemack has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rysio
if the team that picks you number 1 still tanks 2 years in a row after the draft it shows that they dont trust you to carry the team to the playoffs let alone a championship. bust confirmed.

well when you consider that the cavs trusted lebron (lebrons better then kyrie) to carry them to a championship and it didnt work out can youu blame them for thinking one star player isnt good enough to win? they are trying to build a winner not sign a bunch of crappy free agents with no star potential. so they need to draft. to draft another good player or two they need to tank.
returnofthemack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:48 PM   #19
Dro
College star

Dro has decent reputationDro has decent reputation

All I know is every time I see him, he is beasting..
Dro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:49 PM   #20
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

brandonislegend is considered somewhat coolbrandonislegend is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by shady6121

Might be the funniest reply I have seen on here in ages.
brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:07 PM   #21
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

imdaman99 is considered somewhat coolimdaman99 is considered somewhat coolimdaman99 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by noob cake

Irving's Sophmore season: 14-34 so far

Durant's Sophmore season + Goatbrook's rookie season": 11-37 first 48 games

How come Goatbrook wasn't able to carry Durant's ass to a better record?
I see what you did there. Since you had no argument comparing thunder success in goatbrooks 2nd season as opposed to cav success in kyries 2nd season, you compare it to goatbrooks rookie year

Kyrie is nowhere close to bust. You can question his effect on the team but he's far from a bust. If the cavs suck for another 5 years while kyrie is here, maybe most ppls opinions will change though.
imdaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:18 PM   #22
noob cake
Good college starter

noob cake has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by imdaman99
I see what you did there. Since you had no argument comparing thunder success in goatbrooks 2nd season as opposed to cav success in kyries 2nd season, you compare it to goatbrooks rookie year

Kyrie is nowhere close to bust. You can question his effect on the team but he's far from a bust. If the cavs suck for another 5 years while kyrie is here, maybe most ppls opinions will change though.

I was comparing second year Durant to Irving. Westbrook vs Irving was never a necessary comparison.

Also 2nd year Westbrook would involve a 3rd year Durant. Third year Durant is certainly better than all of Kyrie's supporting cast added together.
noob cake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:23 PM   #23
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I was comparing second year Durant to Irving. Westbrook vs Irving was never a necessary comparison.

Also 2nd year Westbrook would involve a 3rd year Durant. Third year Durant is certainly better than all of Kyrie's supporting cast added together.
Why is Durant being talked about as the "supporting cast?"

Westbrook, as good as he is, is a part of Durant's supporting cast... Not the other way around.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:36 PM   #24
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

imdaman99 is considered somewhat coolimdaman99 is considered somewhat coolimdaman99 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:

Sorry dude, when you reply to budadii I think it's automatically a goatbrook discussion. So you feel as if 3rd year kyrie led cavs can succeed. We'll see. And then you can trade the entire rockets roster for kyrie if they don't.
Old 02-04-2013, 03:41 PM   #25
DCL
NBA rookie of the year

DCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this board

if he can't help the team win but only fill the stats, he'll just be another marbury.
DCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:42 PM   #26
chips93
NBA sixth man of the year

chips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by imdaman99
Sorry dude, when you reply to budadii I think it's automatically a goatbrook discussion. So you feel as if 3rd year kyrie led cavs can succeed. We'll see. And then you can trade the entire rockets roster for kyrie if they don't.

you cant be this dumb, must be trolling
chips93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:42 PM   #27
ganja0710
Banned

ganja0710 has not been impressing people

Richesly talking about busts because he's so used to the Hawks drafting a lot of them.
ganja0710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:49 PM   #28
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

Quote:
Originally Posted by chips93
you cant be this dumb, must be trolling
What are you talking about?

That poster already said he would trade the entire rockets roster for kyrie Irving. Is it really me trolling?
Old 02-04-2013, 03:50 PM   #29
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganja0710
Richesly talking about busts because he's so used to the Hawks drafting a lot of them.
Drafting Marvin Williams over cp3
Old 02-04-2013, 03:57 PM   #30
Rose
nanu nanu

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Dude is a top 5 point guard this season, by no definition is he a bust. and if you question his ability to help his team win, I guess the games you're watching are the cavs 5-5 practice games.

He might occasionally have a dumb hero ball type quarter but more often than not the guy helps his team win. And the hero ball thing is a part of growing up and maturing. He's already a ridiculously talented player, and he'll add more to his game.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: