Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 02-03-2013, 07:55 PM   #46
Cowboy Thunder
2012 I rep flatulence

Cowboy Thunder has not been impressing people
Default Re: SuperBowl, who ya got?

Speaking from my experience in high school and college:

BBall players are usually shy, awkward, strange quiet confidence, wear dumb loose clothes, awkward.

Football players are the life of the party, loud, cocky, tons of hoes around, dress sharp.

BBall players have always been weird as shit.
Cowboy Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:56 PM   #47
Dbrog
National High School Star

Dbrog has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy Thunder

BBall players are usually shy, awkward, strange quiet confidence, wear dumb loose clothes, awkward.

Football players are the life of the party, loud, cocky, tons of hoes around, dress sharp.

Douchebags with 60 IQ? Ya, that sounds about right...
Dbrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:59 PM   #48
Money 23
Samurai Swoosh

Money 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graviton
It also takes the least brains outside the QB. You just need to be big, strong and fast and hit people or run in a straight line. While basketball has similar players, the actually good ones that win need IQ, fundamentals, ball handling/shooting/passing skill on top of athletic traits.

Listening to an interview with most NFL players is painful, they speak in very simple terms and repeat themselves. Compared to basketball stars who break down the game perfectly. From my experience basketball players seem more well spoken, intelligent and eloquent.
I'd agree with everything you said. The middle linebacker and free saftey have to have brains. They read the offense and are the quarterbacks of the defense. But yes, I'd agree. But I'm a douche, so who cares about my opinion.

Conversely Cowboy Thunder commented on something as well I've noticed. While I feel basketball players are more intelligent than football players on average (clearly) they are more isolated, eccentric at times socially awkward people, or different.

Football players are loud, dumb, obnoxious, walking meat heads, but usually can be the life of the party and pretty down to earth people.
Money 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:02 PM   #49
Graviton
Cavs fan since 1970

Graviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

I am talking about professionals genius, Kobe, CP3, Lebron, Duncan.

NFL has a lot more cavemen like players that are there just because of size, some even in gangs before someone "discovered" them. That skill to athletic gift ratio needed to play football is irrelevant, but for basketball you actually need a lot more or end up as Gerald Green/James White.
Graviton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:04 PM   #50
Cowboy Thunder
2012 I rep flatulence

Cowboy Thunder has not been impressing people

Quote:
I am talking about professionals genius, Kobe, CP3, Lebron, Duncan.

Kobe = weird
CP3 = gay
Lebron = gayweird
Duncan = weird

now compare to guys like:

Peyton Manning, Jared Allen, Clay Matthews, Wes Welker = awesome
Cowboy Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:05 PM   #51
Money 23
Samurai Swoosh

Money 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this board

Quote:
Kobe = weird
CP3 = gay
Lebron = gayweird
Duncan = weird

Graviton,

Trust me this dude is actually right.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:05 PM   #52
Graviton
Cavs fan since 1970

Graviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money 23
I'd agree with everything you said. The middle linebacker and free saftey have to have brains. They read the offense and are the quarterbacks of the defense. But yes, I'd agree. But I'm a douche, so who cares about my opinion.

Conversely Cowboy Thunder commented on something as well I've noticed. While I feel basketball players are more intelligent than football players on average (clearly) they are more isolated, eccentric at times socially awkward people, or different.

Football players are loud, dumb, obnoxious, walking meat heads, but usually can be the life of the party and pretty down to earth people.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:07 PM   #53
Overdrive
Local High School Star

Overdrive is considered somewhat coolOverdrive is considered somewhat cool

Quote:

I think it's the team aspect. In basketball you don't rely as heavily on others about your production. Basically you can score 25 a night by yourself. In football you cannot score on your own. So you need more social interaction inside your team and that makes you more open outside your team aswell.

I know a guy who only leaves his flat to play basketball and playing ball he almost never passes so there seems to be a correlation.
Overdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:07 PM   #54
MisterAmazing
Good High School Starter

MisterAmazing has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Kobe = weird
CP3 = gay
Lebron = gayweird
Duncan = weird

racism!
MisterAmazing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:09 PM   #55
Graviton
Cavs fan since 1970

Quote:
Graviton,

Trust me this dude is actually right.
We are not talking about personality, we are talking about their intelligence and ability to break down the game in interviews and educate, which they do well.

Compared to NFL meatheads that have one liner answers for everything...

"Yea that boy fast"
"He is just good man, he carries us"
"We just gotta fight hard"
"Stay tough guys!"
Old 02-03-2013, 08:11 PM   #56
kuniva_dAMiGhTy
The First School

kuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Kobe = weird
CP3 = gay
Lebron = gayweird
Duncan = weird

Sure, hick
kuniva_dAMiGhTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:13 PM   #57
Money 23
Samurai Swoosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overdrive
I think it's the team aspect. In basketball you don't rely as heavily on others about your production. Basically you can score 25 a night by yourself. In football you cannot score on your own. So you need more social interaction inside your team and that makes you more open outside your team aswell.

I know a guy who only leaves his flat to play basketball and playing ball he almost never passes so there seems to be a correlation.
I agree. It's an interesting evaluation from a sociological / psychological perspective.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:20 PM   #58
Graviton
Cavs fan since 1970

Honestly I seen some white people that really hate basketball and love baseball/football. I wonder why. In basketball the black players are the best and "in charge", embarassing unathletic white guys on daily basis.

Football has that hidden race factor. A white man(QB), usually the smartest in the team, leads an army of big strong black guys that have to protect him vs the white guy of another team with his own army of black men. Having recently watched Django Unchained that seems like the mandingo fight club.

Football/Baseball just make southerners comfortable with their shortcomings, basketball just re-reminds them of it so they hate it forr the reality check.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:22 PM   #59
Money 23
Samurai Swoosh

I'm white, and basketball is my favorite game. I embarrass athletic blacks on the daily at the gym, too. Being the minority in basketball, slept on, underdog and overcoming expectations is the best. Makes me more unique, too. Graviton is on point with fandom, and the racial undertones of why people like one sport over the other.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:25 PM   #60
Overdrive
Local High School Star

Overdrive is considered somewhat coolOverdrive is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Honestly I seen some white people that really hate basketball and love baseball/football. I wonder why. In basketball the black players are the best and "in charge", embarassing unathletic white guys on daily basis.

Football has that hidden race factor. A white man(QB), usually the smartest in the team, leads an army of big strong black guys that have to protect him vs the white guy of another team with his own army of black men. Having recently watched Django Unchained that seems like the mandingo fight club.

Football/Baseball just make southerners comfortable with their shortcomings, basketball just re-reminds them of it so they hate it forr the reality check.

Haha, I posted something like this on the first or second page and I really think it's true for some people.

When there was a (smart) black QB it used to get blown up by the media when I used to watch football, because it was an still is some kind of an abnormality.
Overdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: