Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2013, 12:16 PM   #31
red1
Dinosaurs
 
red1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 10,277
red1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Chris Kyle dead.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
News flash retard!.....


- when you are a Navy Seal Sniper....you train all day to Kill.....That's the whole point!

- Why shouldn't he proud of what he trained his life to do.....Should a coach be proud of his team winning?.....or a player who trains to score?...he hould be proud.

- a Hero is somone who achieves greatness through will......save your sunshine and rainbows for the civillians....it has no place in combat.

- without the Millitary ....you wouldn't have your stupid Morals.
The point I am making is that this n*gga is not a hero. The american military is not some disadvantaged victim who is nobly fighting to protect freedom from evil people.

Last edited by red1 : 02-04-2013 at 12:20 PM.
red1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:17 PM   #32
red1
Dinosaurs
 
red1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 10,277
red1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Chris Kyle dead.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmulls
Exactly. Bunch of cowards criticizing behind a computer screen when we all know they'd never say these things to his face, let alone do something worthy of note. Beta as fck.
I can confidently say that you are an idiot.
red1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:22 PM   #33
bmulls
Great college starter
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 3,678
bmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Chris Kyle dead.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by red1
I can confidently say that you are an idiot.

Good one. Enjoy being a pseudo-intellectual loser.
bmulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:24 PM   #34
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain
 
AlphaWolf24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 8,081
AlphaWolf24 has decent reputationAlphaWolf24 has decent reputation
Default Re: Chris Kyle dead.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by red1
Zizozain was a bit harsh but he is actually right. No one doubts that this guy was a good soldier and no one is saying that he didnt make sacrifices to try and do what he thought was right. The point is that the agenda he was serving is some grimy political bullshit that ultimately brought about no good.

Go talk to an iraqi and see what they have to say about the bush regime that "brought freedom" to their country. All of the men he killed were most likely young men trying to fight for their country when they got invaded by a superpower who claims to be on the morally correct side yet doesnt hesitate to dirty its hands to protect any of its interests. Not to mention the civilian casualties and all of the damage done to the country. I know first hand how grimy your countries politics are


By that theory...No one should ever go to War.

- why did young Men join Saddam Hussein's army???...why did they follow equally corrupt Polliticians?

why did they follow him attacking the Kurds?....then Kuwait?....


why did the Japanese Join the Germans?......why did the Vikings attack Rome?......why did the Nazi Party declare war?.....Why did the Ghengis have so many followers?.....
AlphaWolf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:30 PM   #35
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain
 
AlphaWolf24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 8,081
AlphaWolf24 has decent reputationAlphaWolf24 has decent reputation
Default Re: Chris Kyle dead.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by red1
The point I am making is that this n*gga is not a hero. The american military is not some disadvantaged victim who is nobly fighting to protect freedom from evil people.


- How is he not a hero?.....he applied himself to become one of the greatest snipers in history?...In the realest Game ever...WAR.


- You can't change the rules of WAR....just because you ( 1 person) doesn't believe he should follow orders.

- Considering he sercved his country ( even though he may or may not have agreed with hs politicians)....he did his job the best he could ( even though it took a grea toll on him) and helped his elow Brothers....

he is a Hero....to everyman....American or not
AlphaWolf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:32 PM   #36
red1
Dinosaurs
 
red1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 10,277
red1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Chris Kyle dead.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmulls
Good one. Enjoy being a pseudo-intellectual loser.
Dont know where you got pseduo-intellectual from but bmulls for real you need to stop believing everything your govt tells you. Your government wants to paint soldiers as heros because they need to do that to keep the ball rolling. Your politicians dont truly give a fcuk about individual soldiers, when cheney was lining his wallet through halliburton I would bet a million dollars he wouldnt want any of his close family serving.

Why do you think so many countries in the world dislike america? Why do you think so many americans go to war and come back disillusioned about the whole thing? Its because they realize there is no such thing as the good guys vs the bad guys and they realize how bullshit the whole thing is.
red1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:37 PM   #37
red1
Dinosaurs
 
red1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 10,277
red1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Chris Kyle dead.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
By that theory...No one should ever go to War.

- why did young Men join Saddam Hussein's army???...why did they follow equally corrupt Polliticians?

why did they follow him attacking the Kurds?....then Kuwait?....


why did the Japanese Join the Germans?......why did the Vikings attack Rome?......why did the Nazi Party declare war?.....Why did the Ghengis have so many followers?.....
The other day my neighbour saved someone from drowning, that right there is a hero. A doctor who actually cares for the health of his patients, that right there is a hero. Chris kyle is a hero in the sense that he protected those that he served with but in the grand scheme of things the war itself was not heroic thus I am hesistant to paint a soldier who did so much damage in that war as a hero
red1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:40 PM   #38
tomtucker
NBA rookie of the year
 
tomtucker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 6,946
tomtucker has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Chris Kyle dead.....

right, we know that war was filled with lies....no WMD and so on.......but all wars since the dawn of time are filled with lies and are pointless, there has ever been a good war......war is terrible........but this guy has probably saved many allied soldiers lives......so therefore he is a hero......like there have been heroes in all wars
tomtucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:41 PM   #39
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain
 
AlphaWolf24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 8,081
AlphaWolf24 has decent reputationAlphaWolf24 has decent reputation
Default Re: Chris Kyle dead.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by red1
Dont know where you got pseduo-intellectual from but bmulls for real you need to stop believing everything your govt tells you. Your government wants to paint soldiers as heros because they need to do that to keep the ball rolling. Your politicians dont truly give a fcuk about individual soldiers, when cheney was lining his wallet through halliburton I would bet a million dollars he wouldnt want any of his close family serving.
Why do you think so many countries in the world dislike america? Why do you think so many americans go to war and come back disillusioned about the whole thing? Its because they realize there is no such thing as the good guys vs the bad guys and they realize how bullshit the whole thing is.


Why do you cling on to this?

We already know politicians are not always pure....

That is not some insightful Light that we are blinded too.....

We don't Fight for the politicians....



Following orders ( good or Bad) is a sacrifice you have to take.....but that's what makes any Millitary/Country strong.
AlphaWolf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:47 PM   #40
red1
Dinosaurs
 
red1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 10,277
red1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Chris Kyle dead.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
Why do you cling on to this?

We already know politicians are not always pure....

That is not some insightful Light that we are blinded too.....

We don't Fight for the politicians....



Following orders ( good or Bad) is a sacrifice you have to take.....but that's what makes any Millitary/Country strong.
There is nothing being clung to and the point is simple. Just think for yourself and see from other perspectives. "Fighting for freedom" "killing the terrorists" and "soldier= hero" are all simplistic and misaligned with the truth.
red1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:48 PM   #41
Burgz V2
Decent college freshman
 
Burgz V2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,928
Burgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Chris Kyle dead.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmulls
Shut the fck up retard. This guy survived 2 bullet wounds and 6 IEDs, killed hundreds of terrorists and saved hundreds if not thousands of American lives. He came back home and was killed trying to help a fellow veteran suffering from PTSD. He is the very definition of a hero. How embarrassing of you to sit there behind your computer and criticize when he accomplished more in his brief life than you ever will. I hope you realize what a pathetic insignificant phagg0t you are.

give me a f***ing break.

Terrorists? What terrorists do you speak of? Al-Qaieda? Taliban? WIthout the US governments funding, they would not exist. They were funded by YOUR government in order to fight the Soviets.

Many people would not be quick to applaud those for a problem they created themselves. Sure, they coordinated 9/11, but not a single person involved in 9/11 was Iraqi or Afghani. Those wars were ideological wars against regimes supposedly in possession of WMDs (false) and supposedly threatened the "democracy" of the United States.

be a good lamb and gobble this s*** up, but I for one will never accept the murder of hundreds of thousands of people over the span of 20 years as "heroic". They call the Arab world barbaric, but who are the real barbarians here.
Burgz V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:48 PM   #42
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain
 
AlphaWolf24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 8,081
AlphaWolf24 has decent reputationAlphaWolf24 has decent reputation
Default Re: Chris Kyle dead.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by red1
The other day my neighbour saved someone from drowning, that right there is a hero. A doctor who actually cares for the health of his patients, that right there is a hero. Chris kyle is a hero in the sense that he protected those that he served with but in the grand scheme of things the war itself was not heroic thus I am hesistant to paint a soldier who did so much damage in that war as a hero




- He may not have pulled someone from a Pool...but he Learned how to swim in an Ocean full of Sharks ( called combat)..and not only did he swim.....he completed his swim better then most....and along the way he taught others how to survive in the Ocean full of Sharks.....so they too would not drown.

- only a selfish person would not call him a hero....
AlphaWolf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:52 PM   #43
red1
Dinosaurs
 
red1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 10,277
red1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Chris Kyle dead.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
- He may not have pulled someone from a Pool...but he Learned how to swim in an Ocean full of Sharks ( called combat)..and not only did he swim.....he completed his swim better then most....and along the way he taught others how to survive in the Ocean full of Sharks.....so they too would not drown.

- only a selfish person would not call him a hero....
You are not getting the point. It has nothing to with being a good soldier.
red1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:53 PM   #44
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain
 
AlphaWolf24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 8,081
AlphaWolf24 has decent reputationAlphaWolf24 has decent reputation
Default Re: Chris Kyle dead.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgz V2
give me a f***ing break.

Terrorists? What terrorists do you speak of? Al-Qaieda? Taliban? WIthout the US governments funding, they would not exist. They were funded by YOUR government in order to fight the Soviets.

Many people would not be quick to applaud those for a problem they created themselves. Sure, they coordinated 9/11, but not a single person involved in 9/11 was Iraqi or Afghani. Those wars were ideological wars against regimes supposedly in possession of WMDs (false) and supposedly threatened the "democracy" of the United States.

be a good lamb and gobble this s*** up, but I for one will never accept the murder of hundreds of thousands of people over the span of 20 years as "heroic". They call the Arab world barbaric, but who are the real barbarians here.[/


- You don't seem to mind using Barbarian technology....posting on a barbarian website.....on the interwebz wich happened to be invented by Barbarians...

- all I know is someone bombed us again....and if that happenes....someone is gonna get merked.....look what happened to Japan.

- Thats what makes America...good or bad...it has to be that way
AlphaWolf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:55 PM   #45
bmulls
Great college starter
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 3,678
bmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Chris Kyle dead.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by red1
Dont know where you got pseduo-intellectual from but bmulls for real you need to stop believing everything your govt tells you. Your government wants to paint soldiers as heros because they need to do that to keep the ball rolling. Your politicians dont truly give a fcuk about individual soldiers, when cheney was lining his wallet through halliburton I would bet a million dollars he wouldnt want any of his close family serving.

Why do you think so many countries in the world dislike america? Why do you think so many americans go to war and come back disillusioned about the whole thing? Its because they realize there is no such thing as the good guys vs the bad guys and they realize how bullshit the whole thing is.



Hilarious how you think you've got it all figured out and we Americans are just naive 'Merica loving pawns.

The US isn't doing anything different than the UK, Spain, France, Rome and every other global empire has done throughout history. Do you not realize the only reason your country exists is because of England's colonialism?

"So many countries that dislike America" would be doing the exact same thing if they were in the US' position.

Ironic how you recognize that there are no good guys vs. bad guys yet you still fail to see the forest for the trees.
bmulls is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:56 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy