Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-12-2013, 07:23 PM   #31
DirkNowitzki41
#MFFL

Default Re: Community Season 4

Britta >>>>

Anyways, this episode was pretty bad. Some lame moments. Hopefully they go back to the ways of season 1-3
DirkNowitzki41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:32 PM   #32
ZeN
Stormblessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkNowitzki41
Britta >>>>

Anyways, this episode was pretty bad. Some lame moments. Hopefully they go back to the ways of season 1-3
Showrunner Dan Harmon is gone for good.. so theres no going back to that.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:44 PM   #33
bagelred
Stare

Love the AbedTV sitcom stuff. Which is basically an "F U" to Big Bang Theory and their audience. Making fun of worthless, terrible comedy....

Overall, good episode. Fred Willard as Pierce, lol. Did anyone notice that Chevy Chase seemed to be marginalized in this episode. Did nothing. No one even spoke to him. Think real life is creeping into show a bit.
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:06 PM   #34
knickballer
NBA All-star

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred
Love the AbedTV sitcom stuff. Which is basically an "F U" to Big Bang Theory and their audience. Making fun of worthless, terrible comedy....

Overall, good episode. Fred Willard as Pierce, lol. Did anyone notice that Chevy Chase seemed to be marginalized in this episode. Did nothing. No one even spoke to him. Think real life is creeping into show a bit.

Pierce is the GOAT character, dude is straight out hilarious.

BTW, I think you guys would enjoy this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r73C0N8FDek
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:34 PM   #35
bagelred
Stare

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
Pierce is the GOAT character, dude is straight out hilarious.

BTW, I think you guys would enjoy this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r73C0N8FDek

The actor who plays Leonard will be 88 in June. Makes Chevy Chase look like a youngster.
Old 02-13-2013, 02:57 AM   #36
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:

Well, Chevy did end up leaving the show before they finished the filming the final episode of the season, so it makes sense that he was mentally leaving before that.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:20 PM   #37
bagelred
Stare

Just watched last night's episode. Very weak.

Not a bad idea, turning Pierce's mansion into a haunted house, parody of House in the Woods, but humor was almost nonexistent. Where were the writers?

Probably one of the worst Community episodes ever.
Old 02-16-2013, 12:53 PM   #38
stax
Mooooooooooose

These characters are becoming annoying as f***, it's like Saved By The Bell crossed with Reddit humor, a bit too knowing yet cheesy. Makes me wonder whether Chang was the glue holding it all together.
stax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 01:35 PM   #39
knickballer
NBA All-star

Quote:
Originally Posted by stax
These characters are becoming annoying as f***, it's like Saved By The Bell crossed with Reddit humor, a bit too knowing yet cheesy. Makes me wonder whether Chang was the glue holding it all together.

Chang was great as the spanish teacher aka Senor Chang but I felt he dropped off a bit after, still was good though.

I think Pierce is the most entertaining character in the show. I think they need to start focusing the show on being in a community school instead of random off topic skits.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 02:48 PM   #40
RidonKs
rank sentamentalist

first episode a bit of a letdown, second was lame. the sitcom parody was a great idea, i just wasnt fond of the execution, didn't really tie together in the end. still plenty of lol's though
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:40 AM   #41
bagelred
Stare

Well this 3rd episode at the Inspector Spacetime convention was bad....really bad. Two episodes in a row away from Greendale, and both were lame. Wow....I think the show has lost it. Maybe Harmon's exit is more important than it would appear........
Old 02-22-2013, 09:53 AM   #42
Rose
good scorer

Quote:
Well this 3rd episode at the Inspector Spacetime convention was bad....really bad. Two episodes in a row away from Greendale, and both were lame. Wow....I think the show has lost it. Maybe Harmon's exit is more important than it would appear........
I agree.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:59 AM   #43
sunsfan1357
Word.

I think they're overdoing the Troy and Abed connection. Yeah they beat friends and are into oddball antics, but why not try to flesh out Troy and Britta's relationship more? At least get back to Greendale or something.
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:03 PM   #44
ZeN
Stormblessed

Executives and people involved in a show fail to understand why creative times are so rigid and specific in their requests. Its because creative things need labor and resilience to make sure that the final product is as perfect as possible.

NBC and the people working on Community were saying that Harmon was being too demanding and wanting things specifically the way he says... Well now we see why that is. Its because he works to have a show that is fluid in its storytelling and has authentic situations and characters. He knew that there needs to be more than zany pop culture references, stylized settings, and off the cuff remarks and jokes. Season 4 is proving that you need a showrunner who understands all the facets of entertainment and that you cant succeed with style if its not solidified by sufficient substance. Its like a bad parody of a parody.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:21 PM   #45
Rose
good scorer

Somewhat related news: NBC falls to fifth most watched network.

But it's okay! Keep canceling your shows that at least have a dedicated audience. Who needs 30 Rock, Community (with Harmon), and not giving any of your shows a chance to grow.

Also props for most likely killing Revolution like you did the Event.

/endrant.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: