Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Boston Celtics Forum

Boston Celtics Forum Boston Celtics message board - Boston celtics fan forum

Old 06-06-2006, 01:50 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default What summer changes should the Celtics make?

The core of the Celtics is Paul Pierce, Wally Szczerbiak, and then young players Delonte West, Gerald Green, Tony Allen, Ryan Gomes, Al Jefferson and Kendrick Perkins (did I forget anyone that matters?)

Talk about what direction you think Boston should take.
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 01:51 PM   #2
JohnnySic
green is good

JohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation here

- Draft the best player available

Aside from that, just let the kids grow.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 01:55 PM   #3
craigthomasb
College star

craigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation here

if they ever needed to draft a need, it would have to be either marcus williams or sheldon williams, just someone who can come in and contribute immediatley, or if they coudl get both, theyd be set

m. willaims / west
pierce / allen
wally / green
jefferson / gomes
s. willaims / perkins
craigthomasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 01:58 PM   #4
JohnnySic
green is good

JohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation here

I would be happy with either Williams.

If they dont take Marcus Williams, then one possible trade scenerio may involve trading Wally in a deal for a point guard (Brevin Knight?) and thus freeing up pt for Green and Allen.
Old 06-06-2006, 02:02 PM   #5
JohnnySic
green is good

Quote:
(did I forget anyone that matters?)

Dont overlook Dwayne Jones.
Old 06-06-2006, 02:08 PM   #6
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

Trade Pierce and stop wasting his career.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 02:10 PM   #7
JohnnySic
green is good

^Nah.
Old 06-06-2006, 02:30 PM   #8
Put Back Dunk
TOMMY POINT!

Put Back Dunk has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySic
- Draft the best player available

Aside from that, just let the kids grow.

Nice! I see that you are a fellow "Loyalist" by celticsblog terms, I hate that Celtics fans are so divided on what the team needs to do in the near future.

I agree, let the kids play, and keep #7 unless a great trade falls into our lap where we can land an impact player.
Put Back Dunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 05:54 PM   #9
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

Right now, we seem to be developing our young talent, and though I'm not opposed to that, I do wish we had a more consistent and reliable second option to PP. Wally played well last season, but I don't see that lasting. If one of our young players becomes that second option, fine, but I think we should have a plan if it doesn't work out that way.
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 07:01 PM   #10
Patches O'Houlihan
I brick open layups

Patches O'Houlihan has an OK reputation so far

Exactly. I feel the same way. I want to see Wally and/or the pick moved for a legitimate second scoring option. Preferably an inside player who will bang down low and help out Al and Perk.

Or we can develop the young talent. I just don't like Wally on the team. He's not what I think we need in a second scoring option. If Al comes out and is ready to dominate in the post next year we'll be good though. Heh.
Patches O'Houlihan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 07:03 PM   #11
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

I say we are fine with the young talent we have. We don't need to draft young.

Right, let the kids grow and get PT. That's why I think a Wally+Scal
(Please leave Scal!) to free up some playing time for Gerald and Al.

I know, the value of Wally+Scal deal is very low, but if we could get a veteren Backup point (depends on who we draft) like Brevin Knight we could actually have a 40+ win season next year if the kids keep developing. :)
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 07:42 PM   #12
Patches O'Houlihan
I brick open layups

If we can do Wally/Scal for Brevin Knight then pull the trigger on that fast. Two bad contracts for a nice veteran PG who has been among the top in assists before. Free up some time for all the young guys. (Although I do love Delonte)

Last edited by Patches O'Houlihan : 06-06-2006 at 07:46 PM.
Old 06-06-2006, 09:05 PM   #13
TheReturnofCed
The Real Ced

TheReturnofCed is starting to rub some people the wrong wayTheReturnofCed is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patches O'Houlihan
If we can do Wally/Scal for Brevin Knight then pull the trigger on that fast. Two bad contracts for a nice veteran PG who has been among the top in assists before. Free up some time for all the young guys. (Although I do love Delonte)

I say trade Tony "No IQ" Allen, Delonte West, Dan Dickau and a future 1st for Brevin Knight and Primo Brezec.

Draft Shelden Williams with 7.

CT: Perkins/ Brezec
PF: Williams/ Jefferson
SF: Pierce/ Gomes
SG: Szczerbiak/ Green
PG: Knight/ Greene

Instant playoffs.
TheReturnofCed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 09:14 PM   #14
Patches O'Houlihan
I brick open layups

I don't like that trade at all. Brevin and Primo aren't going to make that big of an impact. Trading away Delonte(who will be better than Knight) and a future 1st(that team won't be winning too much soon so the 1st might be of value) doesn't make sense to me. Brevin is good, but not that good. I'd rather we move Wally than Delonte.
Old 06-07-2006, 10:08 AM   #15
XxNeXuSxX2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patches O'Houlihan
I don't like that trade at all. Brevin and Primo aren't going to make that big of an impact. Trading away Delonte(who will be better than Knight) and a future 1st(that team won't be winning too much soon so the 1st might be of value) doesn't make sense to me. Brevin is good, but not that good. I'd rather we move Wally than Delonte.

Agree, and draft Sheldon at 7? I'll pass. Maybe in the second round.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: