Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-18-2012, 02:34 AM   #1
OG LeeTSkeeT
Mr.Rager

OG LeeTSkeeT has decent reputation
Default Serge Ibaka has reached agreement on a four-year, 48 million contract extension

The Oklahoma City Thunder have signed forward Serge Ibaka to a multi-year extension, it was announced today by Executive Vice President and General Manager Sam Presti. According to Yahoo Sports, the deal is for four years, $48 million.

Read more: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=10776

Last edited by insidehoops : 08-18-2012 at 02:17 PM.
OG LeeTSkeeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 02:36 AM   #2
Noof
Local High School Star

Noof is considered somewhat coolNoof is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Serge Ibaka has reached agreement on a four-year contract extension

Noof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 02:38 AM   #3
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

okc locking down serge
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 02:41 AM   #4
b1imtf
raep tiem

b1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm sure they were going to offer it to Harden, but they still haven't found him since the finals
b1imtf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 02:43 AM   #5
longtime lurker
NBA sixth man of the year

longtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1imtf
I'm sure they were going to offer it to Harden, but they still haven't found him since the finals

Zing!
longtime lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 02:45 AM   #6
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm sure everyone will jump tot he conclusion that this means they won't try to re-sign/extend Harden, but that's not what this means.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 02:48 AM   #7
OG LeeTSkeeT
Mr.Rager

OG LeeTSkeeT has decent reputation

hopefully brook realizes to play ibaka more after they pay him
OG LeeTSkeeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 02:57 AM   #8
raprap
Local High School Star

raprap is a pretty well-respected posterraprap is a pretty well-respected posterraprap is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1imtf

raprap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 02:58 AM   #9
KG215

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Apparently the deal is in the $40M range, so about $10M per year. Not sure what his value on the market would've been, but that may actually be a little cheaper than I figured they'd have to pay to keep him. I was thinking somewhere in the 10-12 million range.

http://www.thunderfans.com/vforum/fo...3-Team-Thunder
Old 08-18-2012, 02:59 AM   #10
b0bab0i
National High School Star

b0bab0i is a pretty well-respected posterb0bab0i is a pretty well-respected posterb0bab0i is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
Apparently the deal is in the $40M range, so about $10M per year. Not sure what his value on the market would've been, but that may actually be a little cheaper than I figured they'd have to pay to keep him. I was thinking somewhere in the 10-12 million range.
Javale Mcgee gettin paid more than Ibaka.
Javale McGee's contract is $44 Million for 4 years, so $11 Million a year.

Edit: damn u edited ur quote lol
b0bab0i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 03:03 AM   #11
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation

good for the Serge Protector.

I hope he gets Andy V money at least
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 03:04 AM   #12
coin24
NBA sixth man of the year

coin24 has a near all-star reputation herecoin24 has a near all-star reputation herecoin24 has a near all-star reputation herecoin24 has a near all-star reputation herecoin24 has a near all-star reputation herecoin24 has a near all-star reputation here

Personally I don't think he's worth $10m per.. He didn't exactly have a huge impact in the playoffs/finals.. But I'm sure other teams would have lined up if they didn't lock him up.

I think him and harden are really only worth around $5m per year each..NBA, where role players get severely overpaid..
coin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 03:05 AM   #13
KG215

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0bab0i
Javale Mcgee gettin paid more than Ibaka.
Javale McGee's contract is $44 Million for 4 years, so $11 Million a year.

Edit: damn u edited ur quote lol

I thought he might end up demanding $11-$13 million if he hit the market in the summer so, if it is for $10M or so a year, then it sounds like Presti worked his magic and got a pretty decent deal. Now the plus could mean it's something like a 4yr/$45M deal which would put it at about $11M a year, but still, that's about what I figured that might be the least Presti could get away with offering if he waited until the summer to match another team's offer.
Old 08-18-2012, 03:07 AM   #14
stolper
I brick open layups

stolper has an OK reputation so far

He would've gotten more on the open market so in that sense OKC saved money and made a smart move.

However, I don't think he is worth $10M a year seeing as how he is neither a huge offensive threat nor a center. Shot blocking PFs shouldn't get paid that much.
stolper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 03:08 AM   #15
raprap
Local High School Star

raprap is a pretty well-respected posterraprap is a pretty well-respected posterraprap is a pretty well-respected poster

Great news for the Thunder. Now go sign Harden. I like how they're sticking with there core, NBA take notes.
raprap is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: