Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2013, 01:56 AM   #31
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!
 
ProfessorMurder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: In the year 2525
Posts: 29,122
Default Re: Obama Administration's dangerous memo on drones released

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rose
wetworkers is a great typo

I think this is different because it puts less accountability in the hands of those in charge to make the decision on such a killing. It vests even more power in the executive branch and has more to do with American citizens being deprived of basic rights in the the constitution.

(Wetwork is assassination/murder)

Whatever, I don't find it any different. It's not good either way, but it won't stop any time soon.
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:15 AM   #32
KevinNYC
RunThroughTheShots
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 9,208
Default Re: Obama Administration's dangerous memo on drones released

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
Only a fool would trust a government built on greed, power, and deceit. When the economy crashes, and the government declares marshal law, then the citizens of America will really see what their government is capable of.
Yeah, when do you think that will be?
KevinNYC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:24 AM   #33
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.
 
bdreason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: HB, CA
Posts: 21,518
Default Re: Obama Administration's dangerous memo on drones released

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNYC
Yeah, when do you think that will be?


Honestly, I thought we would already be there. I was surprised the Government was able to bail out the private sector in the fashion that it did, and even more surprised how cooperative the Federal Reserve seemed to be. However, eventually the Federal Reserve will pull the plug, just like they did prior to the Great Depression, and the economy will collapse. If I could tell you exactly when that will happen, I would probably be a World renown Economist, not a Real Estate Agent.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:30 AM   #34
MMM
877-954-1893
 
MMM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 8,593
Default Re: Obama Administration's dangerous memo on drones released

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
(Wetwork is assassination/murder)

Whatever, I don't find it any different. It's not good either way, but it won't stop any time soon.

The difference might be the civilians and children that our killed in the drone strikes but civilians and children have always been an indirect collateral damage in the various operation you've already mentioned.
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:17 AM   #35
KevinNYC
RunThroughTheShots
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 9,208
Default Re: Obama Administration's dangerous memo on drones released

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
Honestly, I thought we would already be there. I was surprised the Government was able to bail out the private sector in the fashion that it did, and even more surprised how cooperative the Federal Reserve seemed to be. However, eventually the Federal Reserve will pull the plug, just like they did prior to the Great Depression, and the economy will collapse. If I could tell you exactly when that will happen, I would probably be a World renown Economist, not a Real Estate Agent.

I see no evidence for this part. The advantage we have today that Fed of the Depression didn't is the development of economic thought and all those people who have studied the Depression since then. One of whom is Ben Bernanke.
Modern macroeconomics didn't even exist until Keynes invented it in 1936. I see no reason why the Fed would act like it did in the 1930's.
KevinNYC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:54 AM   #36
Godzuki
3-time NBA All-Star
 
Godzuki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 10,624
Default Re: Obama Administration's dangerous memo on drones released

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
Only a fool would trust a government built on greed, power, and deceit. When the economy crashes, and the government declares marshal law, then the citizens of America will really see what their government is capable of.


don't you guys get tired of saying this stuff when nothing happens? so many people here were predicting the end of our country for the last 5-10~ years when the economy was receding, and now its on a upswing. i don't get how being wrong doesn't change the views of people who are constantly predicting conspiracy doom and glooms. Republicans especially should be eating a ton of crow since they've been talking the end for a long time now acting like Obama was going to be the cause of it, which was so easy to say when things looked bleaker. i really can't see it all falling apart anytime soon....or even close to soon, in fact we're going to keep getting stronger since we were in such a hole. i'm sure there will be bumps along the way but nothing like what some of you keep spouting here.

Last edited by Godzuki : 02-06-2013 at 09:57 AM.
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:12 AM   #37
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star
 
Rasheed1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 10,543
Default Re: Obama Administration's dangerous memo on drones released

The government and the establishment are moving to protect themselves from us...

that is why they keep insisting on having this policy where they can skip the courts and the judges (that Americans are entitled to) and decide for themselves IN SECRET who is a terrorist.

This policy is treason... it goes against the basic rights americans have.. the right to trial by jury of your peers is not something the white house can just take away (well they can if Americans are dumb enough to sit around act like it isnt an issue)

When they are done killing everyone across the globe in manufactured wars? they will turn the guns and drones on us..

People love the drones when they are killing innocent people in other countries, but I doubt they'll love it when the drones start patrolling our air space
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:42 AM   #38
Godzuki
3-time NBA All-Star
 
Godzuki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 10,624
Default Re: Obama Administration's dangerous memo on drones released

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
The government and the establishment are moving to protect themselves from us...

that is why they keep insisting on having this policy where they can skip the courts and the judges (that Americans are entitled to) and decide for themselves IN SECRET who is a terrorist.

This policy is treason... it goes against the basic rights americans have.. the right to trial by jury of your peers is not something the white house can just take away (well they can if Americans are dumb enough to sit around act like it isnt an issue)

When they are done killing everyone across the globe in manufactured wars? they will turn the guns and drones on us..

People love the drones when they are killing innocent people in other countries, but I doubt they'll love it when the drones start patrolling our air space


the CIA has always decided who are threats to our country and who aren't. for obvious reasons we as a people don't get to vote on that. a American citizen who was in Afghanistan and definitively a part of the hierarchy of Al Qaeda while plotting to attack us gets assasinated by our government is one isolated case and not unreasonable given the circumstances.

there is no conspiracy. politicians are elected. there is partisan wrangling which impedes progress. some politicians are dirty, some aren't. just like average people. there is no secret club of illuminati that decides it all. they're not all a part of some ridiculous government conspiracy against the people. again one incident where a known American Al Qaeda gets assassinated in Afghanistan and it turns into paranoia of our government attacking us soon. only on the internet

Last edited by Godzuki : 02-06-2013 at 11:44 AM.
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:55 AM   #39
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba
 
rufuspaul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 20,299
Default Re: Obama Administration's dangerous memo on drones released

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzuki
there is no secret club of illuminati that decides it all.

You are so naive.


rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:02 PM   #40
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star
 
Rasheed1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 10,543
Default Re: Obama Administration's dangerous memo on drones released

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzuki
the CIA has always decided who are threats to our country and who aren't. for obvious reasons we as a people don't get to vote on that. a American citizen who was in Afghanistan and definitively a part of the hierarchy of Al Qaeda while plotting to attack us gets assasinated by our government is one isolated case and not unreasonable given the circumstances.


A couple of points where you are wrong..

CIA doesnt get to decide if Americans get killed by drones..Neither does congress or the white house. Part of being an American is that you receive the right of a trial by jury.. do you understand what that means? That means Americans have the right to a lawyer and to a fair trial.. It is supposed to be a fair process... not a process held in secret by the CIA and the president....

Anwar Al Awlaki (the American is the middle east who was killed by a drone strike) wasnt definitely apart of any terrorist group hierarchy.. He wrote articles against the United States, but not much else... He wasnt even charged with a crime.. They also killed his 16 year old son... can you justify killing his innocent son too?

So if they can just kill this guy without ever charging him with a crime or anything...... That doesnt raise any red flags for you?

You think this is all just business as usual?


Quote:
there is no conspiracy.

we agree there.. this isnt a conspiracy... they are coming out telling you they plan on screwing over the public..

Quote:
politicians are elected. there is partisan wrangling which impedes progress. some politicians are dirty, some aren't. just like average people. there is no secret club of illuminati that decides it all. they're not all a part of some ridiculous government conspiracy against the people. again one incident where a known American Al Qaeda gets assassinated in Afghanistan and it turns into paranoia of our government attacking us soon. only on the internet

I don't know who you are arguing with because I never mentioned illuminati or any conspiracy...

this is a secret that the government is trying to make official by casually bringing it out in the open.. Obama has been killing innocent people for years and denying he has a kill program... Now he is just starting to admit that always existed (like everyone knew while he was busy lying about it)...

This isnt a conspiracy... this is right in the people's face.. You elected officials keep trying to implement this policy which clearly violates the constitution, and it also serves no other purpose but to take away due process from american citizens... That is treason..

White House doesnt get to decide who is a terrorist and who is not.... That is not how it works... when it comes to Americans, we are due a trial and a lawyer before guilt or innocence can be determined..
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:32 PM   #41
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba
 
rufuspaul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 20,299
Default Re: Obama Administration's dangerous memo on drones released

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
Obama has been killing innocent people for years and denying he has a kill program... Now he is just starting to admit that always existed (like everyone knew while he was busy lying about it)...


Obama the Nobel Peace Prize Winner? Say it isn't so!
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:38 PM   #42
Stempel, HERB
I hit open 5-footers
 
Stempel, HERB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 258
Default Re: Obama Administration's dangerous memo on drones released

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
Obama the Nobel Peace Prize Winner? Say it isn't so!

KevinNYC is prepping a 5 paragraph response showing how terribly misinformed you are. There will be a slight delay as he wraps up his loser leaves ish duel with milwad.
Stempel, HERB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:41 PM   #43
Godzuki
3-time NBA All-Star
 
Godzuki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 10,624
Default Re: Obama Administration's dangerous memo on drones released

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
A couple of points where you are wrong..

CIA doesnt get to decide if Americans get killed by drones..Neither does congress or the white house. Part of being an American is that you receive the right of a trial by jury.. do you understand what that means? That means Americans have the right to a lawyer and to a fair trial.. It is supposed to be a fair process... not a process held in secret by the CIA and the president....

Anwar Al Awlaki (the American is the middle east who was killed by a drone strike) wasnt definitely apart of any terrorist group hierarchy.. He wrote articles against the United States, but not much else... He wasnt even charged with a crime.. They also killed his 16 year old son... can you justify killing his innocent son too?

So if they can just kill this guy without ever charging him with a crime or anything...... That doesnt raise any red flags for you?

You think this is all just business as usual?




we agree there.. this isnt a conspiracy... they are coming out telling you they plan on screwing over the public..



I don't know who you are arguing with because I never mentioned illuminati or any conspiracy...

this is a secret that the government is trying to make official by casually bringing it out in the open.. Obama has been killing innocent people for years and denying he has a kill program... Now he is just starting to admit that always existed (like everyone knew while he was busy lying about it)...

This isnt a conspiracy... this is right in the people's face.. You elected officials keep trying to implement this policy which clearly violates the constitution, and it also serves no other purpose but to take away due process from american citizens... That is treason..

White House doesnt get to decide who is a terrorist and who is not.... That is not how it works... when it comes to Americans, we are due a trial and a lawyer before guilt or innocence can be determined..

you realize everything you're exaggerating and trying to criticize our government for is to protect you? thats whats so ridiculous to me about people who turn this into our government trying to attack American citizens and how each of us could be next. sorry i won't be posting youtube videos trying to recruit radical islamists. i won't be meeting with 9/11 hijackers or in some foreign country in the hotbed of terrorists with a son, family members, or not. its silly to even think him having his son with him is supposed to make us abort a rare opportunistic chance to kill him. this stuff isn't some play nice and politically correct warfare, in fact it never is that way. Read Awlaki's wiki page, even a Saudi news station called him the Bin Laden of the internet.

who else is Obama secretly targeting and killing? you mean the hierarchy of Al Qaeda which we've pretty much taken out at this point? its just unbelievable to me how you all criticize our government for taking steps to protect us against people who are plotting to attack us. oh thats right some of you think its all made up by our government and they plant this false idea that there are terrorists trying to attack our country just so they can take away our rights, right? or kidnapping Americans abroad and cutting off their heads is staged for that same purpose, right? i swear there can't be dumber people in this world than those that believe that :

the constitution isn't more than a basic set of principles that was far more relevant when it was written than it is today. the way in which some Americans hold on to it like its the Bible or written law to a fault without applying it to today's practicality is part of the problem. i don't know if i blame movies, Republicans, or what for why so many Americans are so paranoid to a fault of our government and it tends to be those that hold on to our constitution to a fault(i emphasize it has its importance but its not the end all be all like some act based on their paranoia). if the government wanted to take anyone out their weapons cache's or underground bunkers aren't going to help them.

its just common sense to me when the expectation of the American people is to never be attacked again, and the blame falls on law enforcement or politicians if/when it happens, you can't possibly think law enforcement can accomplish that with less invasive powers. and the same goes for killing targets abroad that are threats to our country, where some of you think its all supposed to be done in courts and them taken alive, like its that easy and black/white.

Last edited by Godzuki : 02-06-2013 at 12:52 PM.
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:04 PM   #44
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star
 
Rasheed1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 10,543
Default Re: Obama Administration's dangerous memo on drones released

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzuki
you realize everything you're exaggerating and trying to criticize our government for is to protect you?


First of all, Im not exaggerating... If you can find an exaggeration? point it out

secondly I dont need protection from due process... Like I said already, the government isnt protecting me by taking away American's right to a fair trial..

Thats treason.. plain and simple






Quote:
its silly to even think him having his son with him is supposed to make us abort a rare opportunistic chance to kill him. this stuff isn't some play nice and politically correct warfare, in fact it never is that way. Read Awlaki's wiki page, even a Saudi news station called him the Bin Laden of the internet.

^
None of this justifies a law that takes away due process and puts that decision in the hands of the president.

since he was 'Bin Laden of the internet' ? tell me, what crimes did he commit?


none of that justifies this law

You dont get to execute Americans based on what a saudi new station says..

Quote:
who else is Obama secretly targeting and killing? you mean the hierarchy of Al Qaeda which we've pretty much taken out at this point? its just unbelievable to me how you all criticize our government for taking steps to protect us against people who are plotting to attack us. oh thats right some of you think its all made up by our government and they plant this false idea that there are terrorists trying to attack our country, right? or kidnapping Americans abroad and cutting off their heads is staged, right?

Again godzuki... The government isnt protecting me from terrorists by taking away my right to a fair trial...

Please tell me how you think this law actually helps americans?

Quote:
the constitution isn't more than a basic set of principles that was far more relevant when it was written than it is today. the way in which some Americans hold on to it like its the Bible or written law to a fault without applying it to today's practicality is part of the problem. i don't know if i blame movies, Republicans, or what for why so many Americans are so paranoid to a fault of our government and it tends to be those that hold on to our constitution to a fault(i emphasize it has its importance but its not the end all be all like some act based on their paranoia). if the government wanted to take anyone out their weapons cache's or underground bunkers aren't going to help them.


you dont get it...

this is about your right to a fair trial... If you dont value that? then I dont have time to waste here..

Only a fool gives away all his freedom in return for protection... And this is protection we dont want or need...

you dont need to violate one of the MAIN (the right to a trial and a lawyer) tenets of the constitution in order to protect the public..

like I said, only a fool would do that..
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:11 PM   #45
kNicKz
College superstar
 
kNicKz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4,996
Default Re: Obama Administration's dangerous memo on drones released

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
the government isnt protecting me by taking away American's right to a fair trial..


kNicKz is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:51 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy