Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-05-2013, 11:05 PM   #16
Balla_Status

Balla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Native American Confronts Protesters on Illegal Immigration

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM
I can't see this video currently so I can't compare but I just met a native person for the first time about a year ago. He is actually part native/German, I worked with him for over 10 months and he seemed like a really interesting guy. Politically he seemed to hate eveyone equally and he would jump from the extreme right to left in a blink of an eye, although it seemed like he would be trolling me at times just to get a reaction, lol

Main reason why I was is because I work and interact with natives every day. I can tell you that they a lot of them work hard and treat people with respect. They work hard too. Sure, they mess with me for being white and I give it to 'em right back about being native but it's all good fun. The only ones that feel like the dude in the video are the drunk ones with no job roaming the street.

I feel like a lot of people (and it seems evident in this thread) that natives are these people with resentment towards white folk and like the dude in the video.

They do it big on thanksgiving as well. One I work with even invited me over.

They are some shitty people out there that give 'em hell. One dude I work with blatantly told me for awhile he was racist towards white people because a bunch of white guys beat up his mother and stole all her navajo jewelry. Of course he's no longer like that but you get what I mean. Shitty people exist everywhere.
Balla_Status is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:06 PM   #17
Balla_Status

Balla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGreg
Pretty simple. White men settled, natives couldn't defend.
Who's responsible for the technological innovations of today? The cities? The military, which has defended the country countless times? The progress?
Sorry natives, America stopped being "your land" a long, looooong time ago.

There are natives in the military.
Balla_Status is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:09 PM   #18
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balla_Status

yea i was about to post that. Also I can't confirm but isn't there a significant % that make up elite forces that are native???
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:10 PM   #19
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Who's responsible for the technological innovations of today? The cities? The military, which has defended the country countless times? The progress?

Bottom line is this country was founded on immigration and "whites" are the original immigrants. Just because they have run the country for a long time and have more guns doesn't make it okay to treat others this way. A ton of our economy is driven by these immigrants who work their asses off as their lives depend on it.

Not to mention as long as they go through the legal process they should be welcome with open arms. I'm not a fan of them sneaking in, faking their identity etc but if they do it right, who gives a shit?
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:32 PM   #20
GreatGreg
College star

GreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balla_Status
Of course there are. Those are the smart natives, the ones that have adapted and contributed to modern society instead of performing Ghost Dances and wishing for everyone to go away.
GreatGreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:35 PM   #21
GreatGreg
College star

GreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
Bottom line is this country was founded on immigration and "whites" are the original immigrants. Just because they have run the country for a long time and have more guns doesn't make it okay to treat others this way. A ton of our economy is driven by these immigrants who work their asses off as their lives depend on it.

Not to mention as long as they go through the legal process they should be welcome with open arms. I'm not a fan of them sneaking in, faking their identity etc but if they do it right, who gives a shit?
YES.
This is everyone's biggest problem. Why do illegals deserve the same rights and entitlements as legal immigrants and U.S citizens when they cheat the system? If they can't come in here legally and complete the full process OUTSIDE of the U.S, then they don't deserve to embrace the benefits of the U.S, especially since they don't have to pay for it like legal immigrants and US citizens do.

Last edited by GreatGreg : 02-05-2013 at 11:43 PM.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:38 PM   #22
GreatGreg
College star

Quote:
Let me clarify, I don't think there aren't any Native Americans that helped contribute to the growth of America.
What I was trying to say is, when it's said and done and a lot of them didn't contribute to modern America, they don't get to call it "their land" anymore.

Last edited by GreatGreg : 02-05-2013 at 11:41 PM.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:49 PM   #23
G-Funk
Palm Trees & Gangsters

G-Funk has decent reputation

Put them in their place
G-Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:50 PM   #24
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

White men settled, couldn't protect their borders. Mexicans moved in. America stopped being the "white mans land" a long, looooooooooooong time ago.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:52 PM   #25
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Let me clarify, I don't think there aren't any Native Americans that helped contribute to the growth of America.
What I was trying to say is, when it's said and done and a lot of them didn't contribute to modern America, they don't get to call it "their land" anymore.

Modern America is an overpopulated, polluted shit-hole that's in the process of falling apart. I'm pretty sure Native Americans are proud they didn't contribute to that.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:53 PM   #26
GreatGreg
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
White men settled, couldn't protect their borders. Mexicans moved in. America stopped being the "white mans land" a long, looooooooooooong time ago.
First of all, this isn't about "Mexicans", this is about illegal immigration. If you sneak in here, f*ck the system, and steal from the American citizens, then you don't deserve to be here.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:54 PM   #27
GreatGreg
College star

Quote:
Modern America is an overpopulated, polluted shit-hole that's in the process of falling apart. I'm pretty sure Native Americans are proud they didn't contribute to that.
They can't say that if they are enjoying the benefits of it.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:55 PM   #28
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

Quote:
First of all, this isn't about "Mexicans", this is about illegal immigration. If you sneak in here, f*ck the system, and steal from the American citizens, then you don't deserve to be here.

So it would be better if illegals just killed Americans and took the land instead?
Old 02-05-2013, 11:58 PM   #29
GreatGreg
College star

Quote:
So it would be better if illegals just killed Americans and took the land instead?
They wouldn't be able to do that, for one, because they'd get massacred by followers of the 2nd amendment(Which is how many Americans?) and because they'd be screwing themselves
Not only would all of them get kicked out immediately, it give the government a good reason to shut it's borders to immigration permanently.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:00 AM   #30
Nanners
Good college starter

Nanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

what a depressing thread
Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: