Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-05-2013, 10:49 PM   #16
Pointguard
NBA sixth man of the year

Pointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: The Wire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money 23
Haven't seen him yet.
Wow, I thought he appears at the end of season one? Great for you, I wish I could see it again with a blank slate. The intrigue and character development is as good as the acting and great story lines. The realism is stunning. Actually Stringer remains somebody to get into throughout the series. What happened on the last show you seen?
Pointguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:24 PM   #17
AngelEyes
Sentenza

AngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation here

The three best dramas I've ever seen are the Wire, Breaking Bad, and Deadwood, the Wire has a good case for best of all time. The show had so many awesome characters whether it was Omar, Stringer, Avon, Prop Joe, Carver, or Bodie. You haven't even gotten to Marlo yet ( I won't give anything away) but he is yet another fantastic character. Realism plus great writing, plot, and awesome character development.
AngelEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:28 PM   #18
TylerOO
Back in Cleveland!

TylerOO has decent reputationTylerOO has decent reputation

How long does it take to get hooked? I watched the first three episodes and had no real desire to watch anymore. Not like Prison Break, the show got me hooked from the get go
TylerOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:49 PM   #19
Graviton
Cavs fan since 1970

Graviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Haven't seen The Wire, but I think Oz was the best HBO drama series, Sopranos 2nd. The acting, humor, diverse characters and realistic/graphic violence of Oz was just on another level.
Graviton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:54 PM   #20
Styles p
NBA rookie of the year

Styles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graviton
Haven't seen The Wire, but I think Oz was the best HBO drama series, Sopranos 2nd. The acting, humor, diverse characters and realistic/graphic violence of Oz was just on another level.
oz was a great show but i think the wire is better.
Styles p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:58 PM   #21
miller-time

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerOO
How long does it take to get hooked? I watched the first three episodes and had no real desire to watch anymore. Not like Prison Break, the show got me hooked from the get go

It took me until season 3 before I enjoyed it. Season 2 was a yawn. 1 was good, but 3 and 4 are the best seasons. 5 is solid too.
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:59 PM   #22
Graviton
Cavs fan since 1970

Graviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styles p
oz was a great show but i think the wire is better.
Does the Wire have crazy characters like Adebisi or intelligent leaders like Saeed? If so I may have to watch it.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:04 AM   #23
miller-time

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Does the Wire have crazy characters like Adebisi or intelligent leaders like Saeed? If so I may have to watch it.

Characters are more down played, Oz is far more theatrical. There are intelligent and crazy characters, but their personalities are more subtle and realistic. They aren't crazy or intelligent ALL of the time.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:06 AM   #24
Styles p
NBA rookie of the year

Styles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
crazy characters: omar, chris, snoop, michael
intelligent leaders: the greek, prop joe, avon but they all ****ed up and had a downfall like kareem said.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:06 AM   #25
Graviton
Cavs fan since 1970

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller-time
Characters are more down played, Oz is far more theatrical. There are intelligent and crazy characters, but their personalities are more subtle and realistic. They aren't crazy or intelligent ALL of the time.
As long as there is some crazy mfuka screwing everyone over I will watch it.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:07 AM   #26
Styles p
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
As long as there is some crazy mfuka screwing everyone over I will watch it.
if you like oz you'll love the wire. you'll also see actors you recognize from oz in the wire.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:11 AM   #27
Graviton
Cavs fan since 1970

Quote:
crazy characters: omar, chris, snoop, michael
intelligent leaders: the greek, prop joe, avon but they all ****ed up and had a downfall like kareem said.
Sounds promising.

Oz had a lot of actors that went on to be in every major TV Show of past 12 years. I still keep seeing the major cast in numerous new shows. They all got their start in Oz, historically the show should be remembered for that. Nowadays I never hear about Oz much, it seems forgotten among the younger generation. It's a shame it won't be as known as Breakind Bad, Sopranos, The Wire.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:13 AM   #28
Graviton
Cavs fan since 1970

Quote:
if you like oz you'll love the wire. you'll also see actors you recognize from oz in the wire.
Great to hear, Oz's cast was one of the best.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:15 AM   #29
miller-time

Quote:
Sounds promising.

Oz had a lot of actors that went on to be in every major TV Show of past 12 years. I still keep seeing the major cast in numerous new shows. They all got their start in Oz, historically the show should be remembered for that. Nowadays I never hear about Oz much, it seems forgotten among the younger generation. It's a shame it won't be as known as Breakind Bad, Sopranos, The Wire.

I loved Oz back in the day, but I just don't think it is on the same level as those other shows. It is a tier below them. Probably same level as Dexter and Boardwalk Empire.

But then that is just my opinion.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:17 AM   #30
guy
NBA All-star

guy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation here

Love the wire. Season 3 and 4 are best.

By the way, it's not the wire, but if you're into the wire you should also try the shield. It's not as great, but it's another great cop drama. I just finished season 5 and got 2 more to go, and it's another show hard to stop watching.
guy is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: