Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 09-13-2013, 01:47 PM   #1
Doomsday Dallas
we fight as MAVERICKS!

Doomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation here
Default Will there be a Kansas City rant this year?

Last year the Cowboys beat the Giants in week one... and then Seattle destroyed Dallas the following week.

at the time, Seattle wasn't considered to be very good,... and we can all say the same thing about Kansas City right now: KC isn't good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifE6XkqMX9g
Dallas Cowboys look pathetic vs the Seahawks

(one of my favorite videos to watch when I'm in a bad mood)

So, a few questions:

1.) What is your prediction for the Dallas/KC game?

2.) How do you feel about Kansas City this year? Do they have any chance in hell to make the playoffs? You think they might be a sleeper this year considering what they did week one?
Doomsday Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 02:34 PM   #2
Is He Ill
Cowboys & Spurs

Is He Ill is a pretty well-respected posterIs He Ill is a pretty well-respected posterIs He Ill is a pretty well-respected posterIs He Ill is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Will there be a Kansas City rant this year?

First off, KC beat the Jags week one. The Jaguars are arguably the worst team in the entire league, so I'm hardly impressed. I do think that KC has improved and will benefit from having Alex Smith at qb, but they aren't a playoff team. Denver will win that division without a doubt. I think this game could go either way. Dallas has more offensive firepower and a defense that can match up with KC's offense. If Dallas can get Dez going, limit turnovers, and run the ball consistently with Murray, they should have no trouble defeating the Chiefs. Then again, they are playing at Arrowhead, so that may give the Chiefs a huge advantage in that regard.
Is He Ill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 02:41 PM   #3
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

I believe the Chiefs have one of the most talented rosters in the entire NFL.

With the additions of Alex Smith, Fisher, the two corners, the emergence of Houston and potentially Poe.... to go along with what they already have, it's scary. I don't want to play that defense, that's for sure.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 02:43 PM   #4
Doomsday Dallas
we fight as MAVERICKS!

Doomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation here

http://www.footballlocks.com/nfl_point_spreads.shtml

WOW... Cheifs are a 3 point favorite.
Old 09-13-2013, 04:10 PM   #5
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation here

KC has a chance to make the playoffs because the AFC is down this season.

The Broncos, Texans and Patriots are probably the top tier
then
Ravens/Bengals

after those teams it is crapshoot
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 05:18 PM   #6
TheSilentKiller
NBA All-star

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM
KC has a chance to make the playoffs because the AFC is down this season.

The Broncos, Texans and Patriots are probably the top tier
then
Ravens/Bengals

after those teams it is crapshoot
Wouldn't consider Ravens top-tier this yea.r
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 05:40 PM   #7
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentKiller
Wouldn't consider Ravens top-tier this yea.r

yea I put them in the 2nd tier
Den/Hou and NE are in the top and even the Pats can be a stretch this season

then

Cin/Balt

then probably

Colts/Mia/SD
but KC/Ten could surprise people and be in WC contention
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 05:48 PM   #8
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I think KC is a playoff team as well. 10 wins for them is very reasonable.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 06:52 PM   #9
Hoodlum Science
Deity ★ Persona

Hoodlum Science is starting to rub some people the wrong wayHoodlum Science is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
I think KC is a playoff team as well. 10 wins for them is very reasonable.

10 wins wouldn't surprise me, but I'm thinking more like 8 wins KC finishing around .500; luckily for the Chiefs this season, they play in perhaps the weakest overall divisions in the entire league (AFC West), and unlike most seasons the weaker conference (AFC compared to the more stacked NFC). This means there's the possibility of a potential 9-7 squad (like the Chiefs) sneaking into the playoffs.
Hoodlum Science is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 06:56 PM   #10
Hoodlum Science
Deity ★ Persona

Hoodlum Science is starting to rub some people the wrong wayHoodlum Science is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomsday Dallas
http://www.footballlocks.com/nfl_point_spreads.shtml

WOW... Cheifs are a 3 point favorite.

What's the "wow" all about? Historically, Arrowhead Stadium is one of the more intimidating places to play across the board. Shouldn't be all that shocking someone is thinking KC over Dallas.
Old 09-13-2013, 06:58 PM   #11
TonyMontana
Local High School Star

TonyMontana has a very bad reputationTonyMontana has a very bad reputationTonyMontana has a very bad reputationTonyMontana has a very bad reputation

Everyone made fun of me for picking Kansas City to make the playoffs.

Definetly a good team. Not a great team, but other than the Broncos there isn't an AFC team I can say is clear cut better than them.

I'd pick them to beat Dallas this week.
TonyMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 07:20 PM   #12
Hoodlum Science
Deity ★ Persona

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyMontana
Everyone made fun of me for picking Kansas City to make the playoffs.

Definetly a good team. Not a great team, but other than the Broncos there isn't an AFC team I can say is clear cut better than them.

I'd pick them to beat Dallas this week.

I'm pretty sure you meant AFC "West" (instead of just AFC in general); and yeah if that is the case, you're completely right. Neither the Chargers or Raiders are going to amount to jack shit this season - which is incredibly sad considering Philip Rivers is wasting away what should be his prime years at this point in his career.

Now, if you truly meant the entire AFC ... I can't say I'm with you on that one. Patriots are clearly a tier above Kansas City. If we're talking next year, when Alex Smith + Andy Reid + all other young guys have had a season to gel combined with Brady having another slowly yet surely year sinking below his prime then maybe we're singing a different tune, but not this year.

Also, you can't say the Chiefs are a step above the Bengals. Not this year, sure as hell not the next. The Bengals are positioned to be a GREAT franchise for years to come, and yes the Chiefs are too, but not even close. SB champs Ravens will steamroll over the Chiefs this year. Also, can't forget about the Texans. Matt Schaub at this point is still a better QB than Alex Smith; so I don't see how anyone can put KC above Houston.

As much as I like KC this year, at best, all they can do is pull what the Colts did which was go from one of the league's worst (record wise) to being good enough to snatching a wild-card; and perhaps playing in the weaker AFC makes that possible this season, you still can't forget there's some clout teams still in that conference.
Old 09-13-2013, 07:28 PM   #13
TonyMontana
Local High School Star

TonyMontana has a very bad reputationTonyMontana has a very bad reputationTonyMontana has a very bad reputationTonyMontana has a very bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoodlum Science
I'm pretty sure you meant AFC "West" (instead of just AFC in general); and yeah if that is the case, you're completely right. Neither the Chargers or Raiders are going to amount to jack shit this season - which is incredibly sad considering Philip Rivers is wasting away what should be his prime years at this point in his career.

Now, if you truly meant the entire AFC ... I can't say I'm with you on that one. Patriots are clearly a tier above Kansas City. If we're talking next year, when Alex Smith + Andy Reid + all other young guys have had a season to gel combined with Brady having another slowly yet surely year sinking below his prime then maybe we're singing a different tune, but not this year.

Also, you can't say the Chiefs are a step above the Bengals. Not this year, sure as hell not the next. The Bengals are positioned to be a GREAT franchise for years to come, and yes the Chiefs are too, but not even close. SB champs Ravens will steamroll over the Chiefs this year. Also, can't forget about the Texans. Matt Schaub at this point is still a better QB than Alex Smith; so I don't see how anyone can put KC above Houston.

As much as I like KC this year, at best, all they can do is pull what the Colts did which was go from one of the league's worst (record wise) to being good enough to snatching a wild-card; and perhaps playing in the weaker AFC makes that possible this season, you still can't forget there's some clout teams still in that conference.

I meant the entire AFC.

I'm not saying the Chiefs are better than the Patriots, Texans, Bengals, but I can argue their on par with those teams. The Patriots offensive playmakers are currently out, Bengals lost to the Bears, Texans had to play catchup to a pretty bad Chargers team. All of these teams have their flaws. Other than the Broncos there isn't a clear cut dominant team in the conference.

I'd certainly take the Chiefs over the Ravens however. And unfortunately your right about their ceiling being a wildcard spot, but thats more so because the Broncos are in their division and they have zero chance at winning it.
TonyMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 07:40 PM   #14
Hoodlum Science
Deity ★ Persona

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyMontana
I meant the entire AFC.

I'm not saying the Chiefs are better than the Patriots, Texans, Bengals, but I can argue their on par with those teams. The Patriots offensive playmakers are currently out, Bengals lost to the Bears, Texans had to play catchup to a pretty bad Chargers team. All of these teams have their flaws. Other than the Broncos there isn't a clear cut dominant team in the conference.

I'd certainly take the Chiefs over the Ravens however. And unfortunately your right about their ceiling being a wildcard spot, but thats more so because the Broncos are in their division and they have zero chance at winning it.

Considering the Texans, Bengals, Ravens, and Patriots, how do you compare your predictions at the end of the season?

I say Pats win AFC East - 11 wins
Bengals win AFC North - 11 wins
Texans win AFC South - 12 wins
Broncos win AFC West - 13 wins

OK, so that leaves the Ravens and Chiefs both outside looking for a wild-card. which I believe both will get.

IMO Steelers are already done. I see them winning 7 games at best. Dolphins had some hype, but I don't see them doing much either. Bills, meh. Nothing there. AFC East and AFC South IMO are just too weak to allow a wild-card team to enter (you could argue the Colts, but last year has fluke written all over it).

Ravens are my first choice for a wild-card. Chiefs are naturally the second, since there's no standout second.

I don't see Kansas City winning more than 10 games. I can see a shitload of pro bowlers again coming from the KC camp, but over all record wise (which is what really matters) they're use all the teams listed above.

Last edited by Hoodlum Science : 09-13-2013 at 07:43 PM.
Old 09-16-2013, 07:13 AM   #15
Doomsday Dallas
we fight as MAVERICKS!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EB4x6iMS4V4
Chiefs beat Cowboys with stellar defense

only 2 minutes 35 seconds.... he's a little p!ssed off at Morris Claiborne, but no rant this week.

Cheifs might have something to work with this year... Don't sleep on this team.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: