Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 03-12-2013, 08:00 PM   #151
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

Default Re: 2013 Offseason Thread (Free Agency, Releases, Trades, etc)

Gamble's only 30? Feels like he's been around forever.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:03 PM   #152
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
He was anything but awful in 2011. I studied and tracked both of them for every game in 2011. You can have your opinion on that matter, but I have actual first hand knowledge of both players and how they performed that year. Revis was slightly better due to giving up two or three less touchdows, but Nnamdi gave up less yards.

If Revis' season was a 10, Nnamdi was a 9.5

This year I can't say anything other than taking someone elses opinion on the matter as fact. I didn't track him at all.

But strictly talking about 2011....he was pretty much as shut down as you could realisically get in todays NFL.
no one in Philly agrees with you on that though...none of the players do either, he made the players top-100 overrated list after that year as well as last year...if he was such a shut down then why is that?

he also missed the ProBowl 2011, the place that you can get on ON PURE NAME AND HYPE ALONE

why was he not voted into the ProBowl?
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:03 PM   #153
irondarts

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
Gamble's only 30? Feels like he's been around forever.
Yeah he's only 30.

He's played 9 years in the NFL. Came in as a 21 year old.
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:42 PM   #154
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

The latest on the Darrelle Revis trade rumors from Rotoworld:

The Philadelphia Inquirer reports Darrelle Revis will be traded to the Bucs, but "details just need to be ironed out."
Those "details" are likely a new contract for Revis. The Jets have in all likelihood agreed to the compensation they'll receive. If the report proves to be true, it's a huge boost to what proved to be a dreadful pass defense last season. One Bucs source told NFL Network's Ian Rapoport that a deal is not complete, and he didn't "know where it was headed."
Related: Buccaneers
Source: Jeff McLane on Twitter
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:50 PM   #155
Heavincent
7-time NBA All-Star

So Revis is as good as gone. I thought it might have just been overhyped rumors, but the damage seems to be done at this point. Leave it to scumbag Woody Johnson to be a cheap bastard and not pay the best player on the team by far and one of the best defensive players in the NFL. At least Revis won't be stuck on this crappy franchise anymore.

Yeah, I'm mad.
Heavincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:19 PM   #156
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox

Very happy with the deals the Bears made today. Grabbing Bennett makes our aerial gameore potent. He will hopefully become a safety blanket for Jay in the middle.

Then the big deal. Signing Bushrod gives us stability for Jay's blindside. We haven't had a legit above average LT since John Tait retired. And now we have a quality, two time Pro Bowler? Couldn't be more excited.

Also gives us some more flexibility in the draft. Maybe we can go after an impact LB in the draft like a Ogletree, Brown, Te'o. All in all I'm happy. Hopefully we can get Urlacher and Louis resigned to bring back some key veterans.
ballinhun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:26 PM   #157
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Bushrod is a pro bowler in name only, not performance.

I think he's an average starting caliber left tackle. Drew Brees and his quick release/quick decisions would make a lot of left tackles appear better than they actually are.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:29 PM   #158
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
no one in Philly agrees with you on that though...none of the players do either, he made the players top-100 overrated list after that year as well as last year...if he was such a shut down then why is that?

he also missed the ProBowl 2011, the place that you can get on ON PURE NAME AND HYPE ALONE

why was he not voted into the ProBowl?

I don't know why he didn't make the Pro Bowl. His play certainly warranted it.

Here's a question for you to answer. Why do YOU think he was bad/overrated in 2011?

Not what other people have said, what YOU THINK.
Old 03-12-2013, 09:58 PM   #159
irondarts

The Browns have signed DT Desmond Bryant to a 5 year/34 Million Dollar Contract with 15 Million Guaranteed.

Good signing, Bryant is really good.

The Dolphins have signed LB Phillip Wheeler to a 5 year/26 Million Dollar Contract with 13 Million Guaranteed.

Good signing as well, Wheeler was very good last year and is a complete LB who can defend the run, be good in pass protection and can rush the passer.

The Raiders have released DB Michael Huff and WR Darius Hayward Bey.

The Raiders are going to be SO BAD next season.
Old 03-12-2013, 10:42 PM   #160
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Eagles signed a couple free agents.

They signed defensive lineman Isaac Sopoaga, safety Patrick Chung and tight end James Casey to three-year contracts and cornerback Bradley Fletcher and linebacker Jason Phillips to two-year deals.

Quote:
I don't know why he didn't make the Pro Bowl. His play certainly warranted it.

Here's a question for you to answer. Why do YOU think he was bad/overrated in 2011?

Not what other people have said, what YOU THINK.

He cant tell us what he thinks because he wants so bad to win some argument he made a couple seasons ago about Nnamdi. Guy is a damn joke that cant even acknowledge the season he had in 2011. In fact he wont. Guy is right in his own mind. How can other players in the league crown Nnamdi overrated? They watch him play every game, snap? Lets be real. Nnamdi had a bad year last season. But I agree with everything you said about the guy. Spot on, good job.
GOBB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:24 PM   #161
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Eagles signed a couple free agents.

They signed defensive lineman Isaac Sopoaga, safety Patrick Chung and tight end James Casey to three-year contracts and cornerback Bradley Fletcher and linebacker Jason Phillips to two-year deals.

He cant tell us what he thinks because he wants so bad to win some argument he made a couple seasons ago about Nnamdi. Guy is a damn joke that cant even acknowledge the season he had in 2011. In fact he wont. Guy is right in his own mind. How can other players in the league crown Nnamdi overrated? They watch him play every game, snap? Lets be real. Nnamdi had a bad year last season. But I agree with everything you said about the guy. Spot on, good job.

I like the signings for Philly. All seem like low risk-high reward type of players.

Soporaga will basically be the new NT for your team. He's a solid veteran and he has ox-like strength(although he doesn't always get the best push). He's been a solid player over the past two years. Niners will probably look to draft a NT in the first now

For Chung a change of scenery might recapture his old form. What happened to him?
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:30 PM   #162
jazz873
College star

Quote:
We signed Greg Toler, Erik Walden, Donald Thomas & Cherilus.
I can't believe the Colts paid that much for Walden. I am not complaining it was enough money to reward the Packers with a pick
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:37 PM   #163
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz873
I can't believe the Colts paid that much for Walden. I am not complaining it was enough money to reward the Packers with a pick

It doesn't seem to be a popular pickup at the moment, but he wouldn't be the first guy who went from a relative poor player to good player on another team. I hope that's the case. We've had two guys do that, Phillip Wheeler & Tim Jennings.
Old 03-12-2013, 11:43 PM   #164
irondarts

The Rams are reportedly close to signing LT Jake Long.
Old 03-12-2013, 11:44 PM   #165
jazz873
College star

Quote:
It doesn't seem to be a popular pickup at the moment, but he wouldn't be the first guy who went from a relative poor player to good player on another team. I hope that's the case. We've had two guys do that, Phillip Wheeler & Tim Jennings.
He can be a fine player at times but he is just so inconsistent
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: