Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 03-13-2013, 04:33 PM   #196
AboveTheRim.
Great young streetballer

AboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this board
Default Re: 2013 Offseason Thread (Free Agency, Releases, Trades, etc)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose
I love the Bush signing. Stafford, Megatron, Bush and just one, ONE, of the so-so wideouts stay healthy next year we could have a terrific offense.

I'd love to see Delmas come back on the defensive side as well.

Your thoughts on what we've done so far?
Absolutely love it. By far the best offseason we have had in recent memory. Starting to fill up on a couple of the big weak points from last season, should definitely catapult them ahead of the 2011 season in terms of talent. I am really excited to see how Reggie works out. I expect him to fill Jahvid's role and a whole lot more. Can't wait for the season to start

And it is looking like Delmas might go to the Rams
AboveTheRim. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 04:46 PM   #197
AlonzoGOAT
Banned

AlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
They might as well have written "**** you, Belichick" and had him sign that. 6 mil per? He was clearly pissed. Ray Allen all over again.
A source close to Tom Brady tells CSN New England he is "beyond enraged" at the Patriots letting Wes Welker for two years and $12 million, and feels it is a "disgrace" and a "disservice."

As he should be. Brady didn't renegotiate his deal to free up $8.2 million in 2013 cap space so the Patriots could let his favorite target walk for less than what Brian Hartline is making. It's business as usual for the Pats, but Brady clearly thought his new deal would make for an exception with his slot machine. Brady has been "enraged" at Pats moves before, but the effects of this one could be long-lasting. New England's braintrust has some explaining to do.
AlonzoGOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 05:19 PM   #198
Celtic_Pride
Local High School Star

Celtic_Pride has decent reputationCeltic_Pride has decent reputation

Quote:
They might as well have written "**** you, Belichick" and had him sign that. 6 mil per? He was clearly pissed. Ray Allen all over again.

This is not similar to Ray Allen at all. Ray was offered twice the money and a longer contract here and he still decided to go ditch the Cs!

Welker on the other hand was offered less than 6 mil per year. Shame

Unless they make this up by signing Amendola or Jennings, Brady has every right to be pissed. Gronk can't stay healthy. Who the f*ck is he supposed to throw to next season?
Celtic_Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 05:21 PM   #199
Mr. I'm So Rad
So What If It Is

Mr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Ed Reed is visiting the Texans. The Ravens are pulling a 2012 Mavericks.
Mr. I'm So Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 05:23 PM   #200
Celtic_Pride
Local High School Star

On the other hand, John Elway is like Pat Riley of NFL.

The moment he was appointed as the President, he said I am here to win superbowls despite Broncos finishing with 2nd worst record.

Drafts Von Miller(who single handedly took Denver's defense from good to elite) his 1st year

Signs Peyton Manning in his 2nd year

As if the Broncos aren't stacked enough, he steals Welker from their strongest AFC rival
Old 03-13-2013, 05:28 PM   #201
Celtic_Pride
Local High School Star

Seriously Broncos are nearly impossible to defend!

A super strong O line with the likes of Clady, Kuper, Vasquez etc. Thomas and Decker to stretch the field, Welker in the slot Tamme, Stokley as backups

Unless Manning chokes hard, no reason for them not to put up 35 points everytime
Old 03-13-2013, 05:30 PM   #202
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

^^^ some CB metrics for the FA CBs

Huff actually played mostly CB last year because of Raider injuries in case you are wondering why he is on there

and PFF claims that the rating system combines run defense with pass defense which is why Winfield's rating is so high...which IMO makes the whole thing a worthless rating but whatev...

comp% and QB rating are really good CB stats
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 06:05 PM   #203
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

I cant believe the Pats fans are crying over Wes. As great as he is as slot receiver I think they will find a replacement or adjust the offense. I understand the money isnt that much but if any organization deserves the benefit of the doubt it should be the Pats.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 06:28 PM   #204
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Pats just signed Amendola...who is much better than Welker IMO

but very injury prone...his major flaw
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 06:37 PM   #205
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Seahawks have signed DE Cliff Avril

Man, the Seahawks just keep getting better and better.
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 06:38 PM   #206
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-

but very injury prone...his major flaw
Amendola's deal with the Pats is a 5 year/31 Million Dollar Contract.
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:03 PM   #207
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Really like the Browns' moves so far. Paul Kruger is a beast. He was the best pass-rusher on the Ravens' roster in '12, is only 27 and we got him for $8 million a year. Not too shabby for a pass-rushing OLB.

Now, add to Kruger Desmond Bryant and Quentin Groves to the already nice young core in place including Haden, Taylor, Sheard, Winn... And the veteran in the middle D'Qwell.

That defense could be very good next year. I also love the fact that we got one of the best players off of a divisional rival.

I don't know much about the tightend we just signed... Gary Barnidge. Anyone want to fill me in?
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:10 PM   #208
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-

Good signing no doubt but your opinion is flat out ridiculous.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:21 PM   #209
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
I cant believe the Pats fans are crying over Wes. As great as he is as slot receiver I think they will find a replacement or adjust the offense. I understand the money isnt that much but if any organization deserves the benefit of the doubt it should be the Pats.
Do you have any idea how many good players the Pats have just let walk and not bothered to replace? This actually was a great defensive team back when they were winning Superbowls. All of those key defenders are gone with no one taking their place but Wilfork
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:26 PM   #210
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
Do you have any idea how many good players the Pats have just let walk and not bothered to replace? This actually was a great defensive team back when they were winning Superbowls. All of those key defenders are gone with no one taking their place but Wilfork
They arent successful with replacing defensive players sure they need to improve the defense. But Welker isnt a defensive player so I think Pat fans are overreacting the team is always in contention regardless of players, coordinators etc they lose.

Man up.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: