Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-01-2013, 07:31 PM   #1
PleezeBelieve
#TeamOhio: 73-9

PleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default OGT: Cavaliers vs Clippers (CP3 in, Kyrie Irving out) 7:30 PM

Did someone say the Clippers???
Plug'em in so I can rip them
Its 2013, haters
All about Cleveland and D-Waiters

Yea!
PleezeBelieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:54 PM   #2
PleezeBelieve

PleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: OGT: Cavaliers vs Clippers (CP3 in, Kyrie Irving out) 7:30 PM

Damn D-Wait. He a beast
Old 03-01-2013, 07:56 PM   #3
imnew09
2*/5

imnew09 is starting to rub some people the wrong wayimnew09 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by PleezeBelieve
Damn D-Wait. He a beast

Sry but he's going to leave Cleveland just like Lebron.
imnew09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:01 PM   #4
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnew09
Sry but he's going to leave Cleveland just like Lebron.
So, Kyrie's going to leave... And Waiters is going to leave... etc.

Maybe it is time people start giving the Cavs' FO credit for their picks and stop worrying about who will be where in 10 years.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 03:05 PM   #5
qrich
King Heno

qrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation here

Enjoyed the game for various reasons. Was great to see Shaun play for an extended period of time for the first time on the year.

Paul with 15 dimes and 0 turnovers was just
16/11/3 with 3 steals and 3 blocks for Blake is a nice sign.
Craw keeps it going with 24 on 8-14 shooting.
LO had a bounce back game. 10/7 on 5-8 in 23 minutes.

Clippers needed a nice momentum builder before Sunday's showdown with the Thunder and got it here.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 05:16 PM   #6
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
Enjoyed the game for various reasons. Was great to see Shaun play for an extended period of time for the first time on the year.

Paul with 15 dimes and 0 turnovers was just
16/11/3 with 3 steals and 3 blocks for Blake is a nice sign.
Craw keeps it going with 24 on 8-14 shooting.
LO had a bounce back game. 10/7 on 5-8 in 23 minutes.

Clippers needed a nice momentum builder before Sunday's showdown with the Thunder and got it here.
Thoughts on our young guys? Specifically Waiters and Thompson?

The Clippers look REALLY good. That is the best performance I've seen this year against the Cavs. Despite the record, the vast, vast majority of our losses have been really close or semi-close. Pretty rare to get our doors totally blown off and, on the occasions when it happened, it seemed like the team just didn't show up ready.

Last night, the Cavs didn't play that poorly and made multiple pushes in the second half that I thought would make the game tight. Every run was answered and then some.

The only thing that concerns me about the Clippers in the WC Playoffs is that one of their big advantages is probably the best bench in the league. In the playoffs, depth doesn't matter nearly as much. A team's best 7 or 8 guys are going to play the full 48 minutes regardless.

Still, that is a very nice team. Very impressive with CP3 being the best quarterback in the league and athletes all over the floor. Even the defense has tightened up.

Last edited by RedBlackAttack : 03-02-2013 at 05:19 PM.
Old 03-03-2013, 02:27 PM   #7
qrich
King Heno

qrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Thoughts on our young guys? Specifically Waiters and Thompson?

The Clippers look REALLY good. That is the best performance I've seen this year against the Cavs. Despite the record, the vast, vast majority of our losses have been really close or semi-close. Pretty rare to get our doors totally blown off and, on the occasions when it happened, it seemed like the team just didn't show up ready.

Last night, the Cavs didn't play that poorly and made multiple pushes in the second half that I thought would make the game tight. Every run was answered and then some.

The only thing that concerns me about the Clippers in the WC Playoffs is that one of their big advantages is probably the best bench in the league. In the playoffs, depth doesn't matter nearly as much. A team's best 7 or 8 guys are going to play the full 48 minutes regardless.

Still, that is a very nice team. Very impressive with CP3 being the best quarterback in the league and athletes all over the floor. Even the defense has tightened up.

Waiters ability to be a "de-facto" point guard is really impressing me. I've heard a lot about it, but thought it was only a possession here, possession there, but he can really play both guard spots effectively and I never paid attention to that aspect, as much. His awareness is much higher as well on the offensive side of the court that I initially thought since he's still a young'n.

Thompson, I thought wasn't even going to be in the pros. Made me eat crow last night.

As far as the depth, I think the way it'll pay off the most for the playoffs is the fact that over the 82 game season, Clipper key players would have played less MPG/total minutes than most opponents, making them fresher for that time around. Just my idea on it.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 03:38 PM   #8
PleezeBelieve

I like the Clips. Feel like their athleticism can neutralize the Heat when Miami goes small.

Crawford is a wildcard. He gets hot, Clips unbeatable.
Old 03-03-2013, 03:53 PM   #9
winwin
Free Kosovo

winwin has an incredible reputation herewinwin has an incredible reputation herewinwin has an incredible reputation herewinwin has an incredible reputation herewinwin has an incredible reputation herewinwin has an incredible reputation here

fuck you OP

im goin to the other gamethread
winwin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:09 PM   #10
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
Waiters ability to be a "de-facto" point guard is really impressing me. I've heard a lot about it, but thought it was only a possession here, possession there, but he can really play both guard spots effectively and I never paid attention to that aspect, as much. His awareness is much higher as well on the offensive side of the court that I initially thought since he's still a young'n.

Thompson, I thought wasn't even going to be in the pros. Made me eat crow last night.

As far as the depth, I think the way it'll pay off the most for the playoffs is the fact that over the 82 game season, Clipper key players would have played less MPG/total minutes than most opponents, making them fresher for that time around. Just my idea on it.
That makes sense about the lack of wear and tear being a major plus going into the postseason.

Waiters is just starting to get his feet under him in this league. His potential seems almost limitless at the moment. Probably the greatest compliment to his evolving game is, with Kyrie out and Dion sharing much more of the ball-handling duties, teams have started to treat him like Kyrie defensively... Constantly doubling and trapping to get the ball out of his hands.

With both guys on the floor together, teams are going to have to pick their poison. Should be fun to watch for the next decade+ (hopefully).
Old 03-03-2013, 07:56 PM   #11
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Waiters has improved as the season has progresed. He'll always be a scorer first but he has shown he can be a facilitator when need be. I'd just like him to improve from the 3 and get to the charity stripe more. Might be a bit much to ask from a rookie I'm just saying it in a general sense as his career unfolds not so much now. Welcome back Sideshow Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by PleezeBelieve
I like the Clips. Feel like their athleticism can neutralize the Heat when Miami goes small.

Crawford is a wildcard. He gets hot, Clips unbeatable.

OKC won today in LAC backyard.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: