Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-07-2013, 11:06 PM   #496
Celtic_Pride
Local High School Star

Celtic_Pride has decent reputationCeltic_Pride has decent reputation
Default Re: The Main Event Feb 7, 2013; Boston Celtics (25-23) vs Los Angeles Lakers (23-26)

Celtic_Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:06 PM   #497
Legends66NBA7
Birds of a Feather

Legends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: The Main Event Feb 7, 2013; Boston Celtics (25-23) vs Los Angeles Lakers (23-26)

While I do think the Lakers are the better franchise than the Celtics, I do find it amusing that 50s-60s titles are devalued, but if the Lakers had won those 6 times vs the Celtics in the 60s and the 2 times vs the Knicks in the 70s... I guess this argument doesn't come up.

How much do Laker fans today value the 72 ring by the way ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerspng
1. same franchise, same name.

2. I actually did watch all the Lakers titles. no one's ever too old to be annoyed by stupidity.... besides I have nothing to do while waiting for my video effects to render at work.

You've watched the 72 title with Chamberlain, West, Goodrich, etc... ?
Legends66NBA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:08 PM   #498
Mr. Jabbar
Xmas MVP

Mr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation hereMr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation hereMr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation hereMr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation hereMr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation hereMr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtic_Pride

rofl
Mr. Jabbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:09 PM   #499
lakerspng
National High School Star

lakerspng is considered somewhat coollakerspng is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
While I do think the Lakers are the better franchise than the Celtics, I do find it amusing that 50s-60s titles are devalued, but if the Lakers had won those 6 times vs the Celtics in the 60s and the 2 times vs the Knicks in the 70s... I were not having this argument.

How much do Laker fans today value the 72 ring by the way ?

You've watched the 72 title with Chamberlain, West, Goodrich, etc... ?

no, I wasn't born in 72, was born in 74... I was responding to his question if I had watched all Magic's titles.

In my mind a ring is a ring, you can only play who's placed in front of you and at the time the Celtics beat anyone who stepped onto the court with them, pretty simple.
lakerspng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:13 PM   #500
Shaquille O'Neal
Serious playground baller

Shaquille O'Neal has not been impressing people

Kobe Bryant:

0 assists, 4 turnovers. +/- = -20
Shaquille O'Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:15 PM   #501
Deuce Bigalow
5-time NBA All-Star

Deuce Bigalow has a terrific reputationDeuce Bigalow has a terrific reputationDeuce Bigalow has a terrific reputationDeuce Bigalow has a terrific reputationDeuce Bigalow has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaquille O'Neal
Kobe Bryant:

Kobe: 9-15
Rest of Lakers: 27-72

Kobe's fault
Deuce Bigalow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:18 PM   #502
BlackWhiteGreen
NBA lottery pick

BlackWhiteGreen is popular on this boardBlackWhiteGreen is popular on this boardBlackWhiteGreen is popular on this boardBlackWhiteGreen is popular on this board

http://www.tout.com/m/w9wktj?ref=tw7tfgn5

"If it's up to me I'll retire a Celtic" - KG.

If it isn't up to him... what use is his no trade clause?
BlackWhiteGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:19 PM   #503
DavisWarriorsFan
Bay Areaaaaaaaaaaa!

DavisWarriorsFan is starting to rub some people the wrong wayDavisWarriorsFan is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaquille O'Neal
Kobe Bryant:

Teammates missed open shots when Kobe gave them the ball.
DavisWarriorsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:21 PM   #504
Legends66NBA7
Birds of a Feather

Legends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
In my mind a ring is a ring, you can only play who's placed in front of you and at the time the Celtics beat anyone who stepped onto the court with them, pretty simple.

I agree.

There's no devaluing, no "weak era" crap, winning is winning.
Old 02-07-2013, 11:39 PM   #505
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
Kobe: 9-15
Rest of Lakers: 27-72

Kobe's fault

And we're right back to where we were before they beat the Thunder. Laker/Kobe haters pointing out Kobe's 0 assists and blaming it on him, and Kobe fanboys pointing out what every other Laker shot from the field and blaming them.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:05 AM   #506
Wally450
A Paul Heyman Guy

Wally450 has a terrific reputationWally450 has a terrific reputationWally450 has a terrific reputationWally450 has a terrific reputationWally450 has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtic_Pride

I've always had my questions about Bradley, but grew onto him a year or 2 down the line. This gif. solidifies it.
Wally450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:06 AM   #507
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
1. same franchise, same name.

2. I actually did watch all the Lakers titles. no one's ever too old to be annoyed by stupidity.... besides I have nothing to do while waiting for my video effects to render at work.
clearly bullshit. you were an active fan of the detroit gems before they moved to minny, and watched the George Mikan dynasty huh? people seem to forget that 5 of those lakers titles were won against much worse competition than the bill russell era celtics (who actually played against wilt and other legit all timers). not to mention actually playing against black people.

But back to the main point, you clearly did not watch all the lakers titles. I would be surprised if you even watched the showtime lakers at the time. and, again, if you are some 40+ year old dude, what a lamewad.

No pony in this silly fight, but I gotta call out bullshit when I see it.
boozehound is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:07 AM   #508
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
no, I wasn't born in 72, was born in 74... I was responding to his question if I had watched all Magic's titles.

my bad. Misunderstood your post to watching all the lakers titles. since that is what you said.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:08 AM   #509
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
I agree.

There's no devaluing, no "weak era" crap, winning is winning.
this. two all time great franchises. I have never understood why people put the knicks up there as third or even close, when the bulls, spurs, pistons sixers probably have better claims.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:09 AM   #510
Legends66NBA7
Birds of a Feather

^Yeah, was just about to tell you that.

(Referring to lakerspng post)
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: