Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 02-07-2013, 03:47 PM   #1
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

glidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation here
Default Massive $550,000 ebay games and consoles auction

Hands down must be the greatest videogame history collection ever.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/...-stuff-on-ebay

IGN reader Christian Cerrilla brought to our attention an insane eBay auction that would be any gamer’s dream. Spanning 30 years of video game history, this collection is purported to contain thousands and thousands of pieces, including a bunch of rarities.

“After a life spent collecting video games,” the seller notes in his lengthy write-up, “I decide [sic] to sell off my entire collection. I just have too much things [sic] and the space to store them is finished long ago… also I realized that if I want to play at least half of my games, I should live two or three entire human life… [sic].”

So how many games are we talking about? 6,850, all of which but 70 come with their box. He also has 330 consoles, 307 with boxes, 220 controllers and 185 accessories. He claims to have taken around 10,000 pictures of his entire collection, which you can view here. As for his list of games? You can view that here.

Unfortunately for rarity hunters, the seller notes that he’s unwilling to sell things piecemeal. All of his collection will be sold at once. His asking price? $550,000.

A preemptive congratulations to anyone who has the money to buy most of video game’s history with a single purchase.
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 02:17 PM   #2
Pushxx
Anti-NBA Hipster

Pushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Massive $550,000 ebay games and consoles auction

Lol I didn't see this. Not surprised nobody bid on it.

Anybody with that much money who loves video games wouldn't wait until now to get video games.
Pushxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:06 PM   #3
thebirdman
Kids at the park dunk on me

thebirdman is considered somewhat coolthebirdman is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Massive $550,000 ebay games and consoles auction

the main problem seems to me that this isn't really collecting. i'm not a collector at all so maybe i'm wrong, but isn't it about tracking things down and building a collection over time? not just buying everything wrapped in a bow. what would it mean to the person who bought it then? i cant see who would want to buy this. especially at that price.

maybe some super eccetentric person with loads of money will think it's neat.
thebirdman is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: