Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-08-2013, 05:58 AM   #31
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Shabazz Muhammad is a scumbag

This is funny because I know for a fact that over 85% of Ish's NBA posters admit to not watching NCAA ball.

I do not fault ANYONE for getting frustrated playing ball with Larry Drew.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:01 AM   #32
La Frescobaldi
I brick nerf balls

La Frescobaldi has a terrific reputationLa Frescobaldi has a terrific reputationLa Frescobaldi has a terrific reputationLa Frescobaldi has a terrific reputationLa Frescobaldi has a terrific reputationLa Frescobaldi has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.I.P.
Do these people in the crowd have to pay for tickets? Why would anybody besides the families of the players and some other students go there? I donīt get this strange attachment American Alumnis have for their Alma Mater. Itīs not even that you get your education for free in most cases like in many parts of the world.
for most college grads, those days are the best times of their life. Nostalgia for college starts almost the second you graduate or at least, it did for everyone I know.
It's not even about the tremendous difference in income most people see. It's about the fun
La Frescobaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:58 AM   #33
Nash
NBA lottery pick

Nash has not been impressing people

This is the benefit of college ball. This dude will learn from this and will never make the same mistake twice.
Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:55 AM   #34
supe12sta12z
I hit open layups

supe12sta12z has an OK reputation so far

When Muhammad first called for the ball, he wasn't even open. By the time Muhammad got open, Drew had already made the decision to drive and pretty much took off at the same time Muhammad got open. Muhammad pretty much drifted behind Drew making it hard for Drew to see him.
supe12sta12z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:20 AM   #35
Rake2204
5-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm weary of making a snap judgment on a player's entire persona based on one singularly apparent action. I truly do believe it's possible for a player to be upset about not getting the ball (even though his team won) and still not be a scumbag. If he really was upset, then it can serve as a good learning point and we could move on from this.

Personally, I think I have a history of being a great team player 99% of the time. But I still had moments growing up when I had issues. In 8th grade, I once got upset after being pulled during a monster blowout in our favor. Then, my senior year, I had a teammate go off for 35 in a huge upset victory. Instead of being happy about the win, I was actually kind of upset by the insane amount of isolation plays my coach called for our hot player. I realized both of those incidents were poor judgment on my part, but they weren't good representations of who I really was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.I.P.
Do these people in the crowd have to pay for tickets? Why would anybody besides the families of the players and some other students go there? I donīt get this strange attachment American Alumnis have for their Alma Mater. Itīs not even that you get your education for free in most cases like in many parts of the world.
I used to get free tickets at the gate a few years ago at Michigan games. Now they're going for $70 at the cheapest (since they're one of the top teams in country).

Anyhow, I think people would pay for college games for the same reason people pay from professional squads. It's a big entertainment system. People are large fans of NBA teams and they go pay to see them play. In the college's case, the bond between fan and team is often more intimate. Fans often attended a particular school or grew up in the same region as that school. More than anything else though, it's just like the NBA in the respect that there's tradition, fans, and followings, so people pay to watch. College games can meet or exceed the excitement and entertainment of NBA games in many instances.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:53 AM   #36
ralph_i_el
The Wizard

ralph_i_el is popular on this boardralph_i_el is popular on this boardralph_i_el is popular on this boardralph_i_el is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonislegend
It's the UCLA attitude, **** your team, if I don't make the shot I don't care.

gimme a break. UCLA produces tons of good team players who focus on defense and winning. Try again.

Are you really saying this guy is an asshole because he didn't freak out and celebrate? He's one of those ultra-focused type guys I just don't think a "dog-pile" is him. Could you see derrick rose jumping all over people?
ralph_i_el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:06 PM   #37
Patrick Chewing
Knicks fan since 1981

Patrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Lakers should draft him. Fit right in.
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:21 PM   #38
Burgz V2
Decent college freshman

Burgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected poster

I knew there were question marks when he got suspended and got 25 lbs out of shape. I mean, he didn't even get hurt/wasn't able to train, how the hell do you not have the discipline to take care of your body IF YOU'RE ABOUT TO BE A TOP 3 PICK IN THE DRAFT AN EVERYTHING IS RIDING ON ONE SEASON (shortened to boot)?!?!?!

his attitude stinks. blame the AAU circuit, some of these players are coddled beyond belief and Shabazz is the poster boy
Burgz V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:26 PM   #39
longtime lurker

longtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation here

How does this make him a scumbag? Bad teammate sure but scumbag? Jesus posters on here are so sensitive
longtime lurker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:32 PM   #40
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
This is funny because I know for a fact that over 85% of Ish's NBA posters admit to not watching NCAA ball.

Yup!
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:43 PM   #41
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

What are you talking about. Drew is the ultimate team mate
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:44 PM   #42
chips93

chips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

this

people here have no idea how dumb it is for drew to be taking that shot, especially when you have a talented scorer like shabazz on ur team.

still very immatire of muhammad though.
chips93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:50 PM   #43
ThatsGame
Bosh Saves MIA

ThatsGame has decent reputationThatsGame has decent reputation

MuhamMAD

ThatsGame is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: