Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-08-2013, 11:49 AM   #16
DukeDelonte13
NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: Dantoni - "i could be playing golf"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred
Let's say it for the 29th time. D'Antoni hiring was a complete and epic disaster. And we knew it from Day One. Actually Day Zero, the day of the hiring.

Every single Knick fan knew it. He is a complete fraud.

A very uncharacteristic panic move for sure. I still just can't wrap my mind around why the F the lakers would jeopardize their season with D'antoni, especially with what happened with the Knicks. I mean they had to have known what a huge risk it was.
DukeDelonte13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:51 AM   #17
Mr. Jabbar
Da Real Lambo

right thing to say was: "i should be playing golf"
Mr. Jabbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:55 AM   #18
PP34Deuce
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
A very uncharacteristic panic move for sure. I still just can't wrap my mind around why the F the lakers would jeopardize their season with D'antoni, especially with what happened with the Knicks. I mean they had to have known what a huge risk it was.

I think pride got in the way with getting Phil jackson..but I also believe Phil Jackson would have wanted 10-11 mill just to coach and would have wanted GM like duties.

After that, you have a bunch of old school coaches that can't adjust to the new school ( Sloan) I would have just rode out with Bickerstaff who had them pretty balanced.
PP34Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:15 PM   #19
DukeDelonte13
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by PP34Deuce
I think pride got in the way with getting Phil jackson..but I also believe Phil Jackson would have wanted 10-11 mill just to coach and would have wanted GM like duties.

After that, you have a bunch of old school coaches that can't adjust to the new school ( Sloan) I would have just rode out with Bickerstaff who had them pretty balanced.

if its true it's really f*cked up that the org let some petty bullsh*t f*ck up and jeopardize the team's chances for success.
DukeDelonte13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:22 PM   #20
Real Men Wear Green
Your ad here

Quote:
Originally Posted by PP34Deuce
They've got championship talent and haven't been able to play .500 basketball. It would be worth paying PJ all that and more to get that team up to it's potential. I'm as far from a Laker fan as it gets but they have a phenomenal talent level and should be just as good as OKC if not better. Bryant and Howard are capable of MVP-level ball, Gasol can be an All-Star and Nash is as smart and experienced a point as the NBA has ever seen. You pay Jackson whatever he needs (FFS it's just like giving it to your sister) and go win another championship.
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:46 PM   #21
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

He's certainly getting the can at the end of the year. Don't see anyone giving him a HC gig in the league after this stop.
D-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:37 PM   #22
Whoah10115
Linja Status

D'Antoni hasn't done a good job, but this hate is boring already. During the Kobe System, did anyone give D'Antoni credit for changing it up? Or have we all concluded that it happened despite him? Maybe that is what happened, but it wouldn't matter if D'Antoni did, in fact, adjust and do things differently; people will just chatter and focus on them winning without his system, failing to consider that he may have something to do with the current system being run. No-win situation.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:05 PM   #23
Mrofir
National High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoah10115
D'Antoni hasn't done a good job, but this hate is boring already. During the Kobe System, did anyone give D'Antoni credit for changing it up? Or have we all concluded that it happened despite him? Maybe that is what happened, but it wouldn't matter if D'Antoni did, in fact, adjust and do things differently; people will just chatter and focus on them winning without his system, failing to consider that he may have something to do with the current system being run. No-win situation.

this
Mrofir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:41 PM   #24
letshaveacorona
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
I wonder if people now realize that the lakers problems were not Mike Brown's fault...

hmm you seem to forget Mike Browns gameplanning. Lets see ive got one of the best playmaking pg's of all time so i guess ill have him dribble it up the court and pass it and then run to the corner and wait there for an open shot.

Just because Mike DAntoni cant get his head out of hs butt doent mean Mik Brown was a good coach. lol
letshaveacorona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:50 PM   #25
daily
I rattle in 5-footers

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rose
He's certainly getting the can at the end of the year. Don't see anyone giving him a HC gig in the league after this stop.
He'll be the head coach of the Lakers next year. He's not going anywhere, they'll give him a training camp before they make that type of decision
daily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:01 PM   #26
d.bball.guy
Heat fan since 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by andremiller07
Snce coaching is not working out, he might very well do that if he fails at golf he can always bowl with Bynum.
d.bball.guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:01 PM   #27
Rubio2Gasol
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoah10115

Here's the thing - what is he without his system? What does he bring if he's not running pick and roll and pushing the tempo (which he inexcusably tried to do for about a month and dug them into this ridiculous hole).

He gives them defense co-ordination ? No
He keeps egos in check ? No
Whatever else it is that coaches supposed to do? No

He has his system and that's it and it's almost worthless to the Lakers. Essentially they are paying him to actively keep them back by pushing elements of an in-congruent system while not giving emphasis to the things that really matter.

On top of that he just happened to decide that he's going to antagonize the entire damn world (including his own players ) in an already tense environment.

But is it his fault? Nah. It's Jim Buss. I'm not being sarcastic. Jim Buss is garbage, how can one be so stupid as to hire this dude.
Rubio2Gasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:19 PM   #28
sixer6ad
Local High School Star

What has D'Antoni done, really?

Put together a good offense? What has he done that makes him this coach?

What a huge mistake in not hiring Phil.
sixer6ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:24 PM   #29
gilalizard
National High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch

This guy is hilarious when he's not coaching your team.

lulz
gilalizard is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: